Training In an isolated system, entropy can only increase
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Samuel
Hope for the best
Prepare for the worst
If Sam were bolder, he would have pointed out it was likely he'd be much better equipped to give a good answer without being straddled on and previously stabbed, but he didn't dare to anger Wessex further. Lips moving as he struggled to find the right words to please her, he tried to stop, take a (metaphorical) breath and think genuinely, honestly: lying was likely to get him in more trouble later, so he supposed he may as well try out the truth.

"I...I understand that I am a part of our family and that I shouldn't have tried to leave." He started, voice shaky but genuine. "I...un-understand that I should never try to hurt the Ascended - which I haven't. I never meant to hurt anyone." Whether or not she'd believe that (or if it mattered to her) was another matter he supposed, but it was true: While plenty of his attempts to fix things had gone badly, he had never gone into anything with the intention of harm to Ascended nor anyone else.

"I think..understand, that the Voice has a good idea for the future. That we've already done useful things like the portals. That...sometimes she makes mistakes, like anyone else, but that she is far more merciful than any of the other Gods." Unsure of what else to say, Sam looked up to Wessex, hoping that would satisfy her.

Wait all your life to see what you see
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
dont know where the lights are taking us
but something in the night is dangerous
Goddess, but he is stupid, she thinks as he prattles back little of substance. It looks like she has to feed it to him. Everything about Wessex seems tight now, drawn and trigger-happy. There may not be any weapons in her hands, but her voice is low and sharp while the muscles in her jaw clench as her teeth grind. “Do you understand how much She loves you? How you threw everything she’s done for you back in her face? I stood there and saw her pain.” And they both know that the Voice does not show weakness, her sadness and disappointment reserved for the extreme moments. She’s given him a so much. What has he given Her?

“She is the only reason I didn’t come for you. Do you understand that?” Their Goddess is the only thing that kept him alive, because Wessex was ready to cut a bitch.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:

Samuel
Hope for the best
Prepare for the worst
Well, it seemed Sam had given the wrong answer, but thankfully it seemed like Wessex was willing to provide him with what it was she wanted to hear. "I do. Yes, I do." And he did understand: it was hard not to, when he'd so recently felt the Voice's embrace, her forgiveness and love overwhelming even in the face of all his skepticism. If Sam were in more of a position to debate with Wessex he might have pointed out that the Voice loving them meant little in the face of whether or not she was right or good, but...

..He was not. In fact, he was in the position to nod and agree with whatever Wessex had to say.

"Yes. The Voice wants me to earn my place in the family back. I'm going to help everyone. I promise." Sam closed his eyes, hoping that he wouldn't regret that; that whatever quest he was sent on was achievable. "Can you let me up now, please?"

Wait all your life to see what you see
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
dont know where the lights are taking us
but something in the night is dangerous
Can she let him up? Of course she can, but the question is whether or not she will.

Staring hard at her red-headed brother, wishing she could see into the depths of his soul to find the true mettle of his being, Wessex has the feeling that the only thing she’s going to get from here on out is a certain kind of parroting on whatever she says. Did he understand? Probably. Maybe. Hopefully - for all their sakes. It’s obvious that she’s done playing nice, that she could and was willing to end him, but just in case -

As if she hadn’t heard his plea, Wessex looks pointedly at their shadows wherever they are in the sunlit, but half-shaded courtyard. Calling them to her, one grabs the knife and hands it to the other in perhaps the most intricate shadow-work she’s done yet. They slither obediently over the stones to her side, displaying the ability to carry things, to leave their rightful owner at her behest. Taking the knife, she tucks it into the boot and then looks at Sam again. “If something happens again, I won’t hesitate.”

It’s his final warning. The anger begins to seep out of her and though the demigod hopes she won’t have to make good on that thread, she won’t hold any unnecessary breaths.

Wessex disappears, leaving Sam alone again.

- Fin