Lost Souls
For the Voice
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Bastien
I will not say: do not weep;
for not all tears are an evil.
Bastien had hoped the Voice might be able to bring her Ascended's souls to her, knowing that they were not kept in Mort's realm the same as non-Ascended; to hear otherwise, even though he had known it was  distinct possibility, was a blow. He took a heavy sigh and nodded, trying not to let his disappointment show too much: their Goddess had done enough for them that he could hardly complain for her inability to literally raise the dead.

Saying goodbye to Rexanna without seeing her, then. He closed his eyes, tried to feel her spirit around him. "My love...my life. I am sorry I did not treasure my last moments with you as I should have, but I hope you forgive me; I did not know they were the last." Bastien slowly opened his eyes, stared down at a spot in the floor: it was easier if he could focus in one place. "I promise to you that I will be the best father I can be to our child, though you know how anxious I was when you were here...without you, it feels almost insurmountable..but I know you would want me to try my best, so I am."

He couldn't go on forever, so he swallowed and ended with: "I love you and I promise you I will keep my love for you alone until we can meet again, whenever I come to join you where you are. G.." Bastien paused, stumbling on the word, but forced it from his lips: "Goodbye."

After taking a moment to control the tears that once again wanted to fall and making sure he was still holding Azrael securely, Bastien looked up to the Voice and nodded. "Thank you. There was...another matter too, Goddess. With Rexanna gone..I find that my inspiration for my art is lacking; it may return, but until then, I think it would be good to have something to focus on." Something to lose himself in, a cause to dive deep into and forget his troubles for precious moments. "I..perhaps this is presumptuous of me, but I would like to ask you to use me, however you can, with my specific talents. Is there something I can do for you, for our family? You know I am no fighter, but I do not think myself entirely useless."

Messages In This Thread
Lost Souls - by Bastien - 07-22-2020, 08:00 PM
RE: Lost Souls - by the VOICE - 07-24-2020, 06:10 PM
RE: Lost Souls - by Bastien - 07-24-2020, 06:23 PM
RE: Lost Souls - by the VOICE - 08-04-2020, 07:01 PM
RE: Lost Souls - by Bastien - 08-04-2020, 08:27 PM
RE: Lost Souls - by the VOICE - 08-08-2020, 01:58 PM
RE: Lost Souls - by Bastien - 08-08-2020, 04:04 PM
RE: Lost Souls - by the VOICE - 08-09-2020, 12:47 PM
RE: Lost Souls - by Bastien - 08-09-2020, 08:54 PM
RE: Lost Souls - by the VOICE - 08-16-2020, 08:30 PM
RE: Lost Souls - by Bastien - 08-16-2020, 10:47 PM