Lost Souls
For the Voice
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Bastien
I will not say: do not weep;
for not all tears are an evil.
The Voice's reassurances threatened to break him again; Bastien pressed his lips into a smile and nodded, knowing she would feel his genuine gratitude and love without him having to say it. "You're right. We are so fortunate that we had our child before she was gone...to think we almost waited."

He was thankful when the topic moved on; he had come here to have this heavy conversation, but it was incredibly difficult, each word adding another weight to his heart; he'd reflect on it all further later (and be glad for the chance to say goodbye to Rexanna), but now he was eager to discuss other business. Meant Azrael had less chance of being cried on, if nothing else.

"That was exactly what I was thinking, yes. In fact, I have an idea..." He had been thinking of this for a while, long before Rexanna had gone, but had not yet had a chance to ask his Goddess. In some ways it was a repeat of things that he had attempted with Safrin, but The Voice was a world away and he knew now to actually listen to the God in question's interests first. "..I would construct you, and our Ascended, a place of worship. Now I know that you, my Goddess, are not as vain as the other Gods, that you do not require us to leave you offerings or songs or praise, but let me pitch the idea to you on it's other merits."

If he did not have Azrael in his arms, he would be moving around as he gave this pitch. For now, Bastien let the tone of his voice (forced, given what had just happened) carry it. "It would not be a simple building. No, I propose we make, with some of your assistance if you'd be so kind, a wonder. I could design it, something bright and huge...to rival the Spire, but to be a structure of light and symbol of your power and liberation, rather than your prison. We could use your technology to give the place special access to portals, or perhaps some other miracle I have no knowledge of that you can imagine..."

Hopefully, she would be interested so far. "What this building would give us is a few things. Firstly a place to come and speak to you as a group when needed...more attractive than that 'safehouse' Samuel made, it would protect us;" Bastien was worried that protection might be needed sooner than they liked, but didn't say that explicitly. "It would display to the world here that you and your people are no longer a 'new' thing to be dismissed, but a powerful and beautiful force to be reckoned with and if people are smart, join. ...I could go on for longer, if you are not yet convinced?"

Messages In This Thread
Lost Souls - by Bastien - 07-22-2020, 08:00 PM
RE: Lost Souls - by the VOICE - 07-24-2020, 06:10 PM
RE: Lost Souls - by Bastien - 07-24-2020, 06:23 PM
RE: Lost Souls - by the VOICE - 08-04-2020, 07:01 PM
RE: Lost Souls - by Bastien - 08-04-2020, 08:27 PM
RE: Lost Souls - by the VOICE - 08-08-2020, 01:58 PM
RE: Lost Souls - by Bastien - 08-08-2020, 04:04 PM
RE: Lost Souls - by the VOICE - 08-09-2020, 12:47 PM
RE: Lost Souls - by Bastien - 08-09-2020, 08:54 PM
RE: Lost Souls - by the VOICE - 08-16-2020, 08:30 PM
RE: Lost Souls - by Bastien - 08-16-2020, 10:47 PM