Take It With A Kiss {SE}
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
NATE
Sunjata is downed easily, moving along with Nate’s insistent pushing easily. Another little rush of love, of warm, silly happiness floods from the ascended as he nuzzles in to a spot against the other mans neck, trying to bury himself even closer.

They’re a feedback loop of burning happiness, and Nate wishes he could stay like this forever, could keep this bond open forever. Never before had he been so perfectly content, never had he thought he’d have his own private sun, even when the one above had turned it’s back on him. He leans into the muzzle that bumps against him, taking the chance to slide into a more comfortable stretch, the liquid feline shape feeling surprisingly fitting in this moment.

It was incredible. A low excited rumble leaves his jaws, cooling into a purr quickly. Stretching out, Nate presses his nose against Sunjata’s, holding his next words until the warm steel gaze met his. This is exactly how I wanted to spend the season. His tongue slips out again to press against his fiancé’s jaw, the closest approximation of a kiss he can manage. We dont have to go home right away, do we?
Let’s admit, without apology,
what we do to each other
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 5167
nobody really cared, so it never really mattered. it never really mattered, so it never really happened
what's the point in fightin' for a happy ever after? the past keep's hauntin' the future i imagine
Nate’s attempts to nestle in closer are met with Sunjata’s own easy agreement and shifting – giving the other panther room to fit against him like a puzzle piece. The reflection of love that’s sent down the bond alleviates any worries for longer – a brief moment thought of how it could’ve come crashing down before LongNight, when their argument had felt like it might lead toward the end before they’d broken and were forged again. He wouldn’t have this, and he can’t imagine it – doesn’t want to. So he sends back everything he can, a never ending stream of content, surprise, love, and happiness in their own little loop.

Sunjata settles again once Nate’s stretched, nose pressed against the attuned’s own, and a toothy feline grin settles along his face, only making the purring louder. A nice, easy, smooth sailing Flowerbirth. He comments, though there’s the tinge of amusement within the words, before warm steel meets electric blue. Mm, nope. I doubt anything’s going to swoop in for the kill with us here. He lifts his head, brushing his nose along Nate’s, the purring not stopping and only growing louder with the lick along his jaw.

A large paw lifts to rest around Nate’s own shoulder, attempting to hook him close as they remain – Sunjata not planning on leaving any time soon. This bond… It’s something I can do with other attuned when I’m not shifted. He explains, finding Nate’s gaze again. But it feels worlds different with you. I can… Finally show you what I can’t really say but have always wanted to. He stumbles, he falters, but the feelings he sends with the words make up for the missing pieces – fills in the holes so it makes sense.
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
NATE
Introspection is not a skill of Nate's, not really. Really, his problem was usually thinking too little, making decisions, saying things he shouldn't, all in the heat of the moment. Though there was heat in this moment, it was aimed towards warmer things, to oozing into every space made for him and trying desperately to rest the weight of it against Sunjata, even as he basked in the feelings sent back to him.

A soft huff leaves his nose, Nate's head shaking as it does, interrupting the purring for a moment. Perfect. He lets his one eye slip closed, sinking even further against Sunjata. I don't want to have to move for a long while. Maybe it would make more sense to rush home, but it was so comfortable in this form, in this place. And the bond was a bonus he hadn't expected, but that he was wholly unwilling to give up so soon.

The big paw wrapping around Nate's shoulder does draw him closer, his boxy head shifting to press in close to his fiance's shoulder, curled under his chin. Should I be jealous? Without a mouth to even pretend to stop his words, they're sent out automatically, along with a mental chuckle, though he can't hide behind his humour in the face of what follows.

Sonskyn, I- There's a blur instead of words, uncertainty, hesitation, the trepidation that came from letting someone so close after so long, I'm so glad that we're in a place where this can happen. The words are simple, but the emotions that with it are not, and it's nothing Nate would ever simply have the words for. Not if he had all the time int he world to think about it, and he has nothing but time.
what we do to each other
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
nobody really cared, so it never really mattered. it never really mattered, so it never really happened
what's the point in fightin' for a happy ever after? the past keep's hauntin' the future i imagine
Mmm, I don’t either. Sunjata agrees, equally as warm and soft internally as it is sent over. The comfort, the calm, the way they can sink into the shifts and simply be. And the fact that he doesn’t have to hide anything, doesn’t have a choice in it. He’s so cautious elsewhere in his forms with other attuneds, but here? With only Nate here? He can send it all over, give all of himself he can’t otherwise, and it’s everything to him.

The quip is shot over incredibly fast – so fast that a louder, brilliant laugh, gets sent over. Only if you want to be. He rumbles, the purring continuing before he’s keeping Nate close – a tangle of legs and claws and lumps of black spotted fur along the jungle floor. You’re the only one I’ve let this close. To where it almost feels like he’s broadcasting every moment of himself over, every piece of himself that points toward Nate.

He feels the way, mentally with the telepathy, how it causes Nate to falter – and he realizes now that he can see it when Nate tends to pause briefly, or grow predatorily still. But he waits, keeping Nate tucked in under his chest – knowing how he didn’t like to be seen when explaining, but this was a different kind of visibility. It was far more vulnerable, and despite Sunjata’s often stony exterior, Nate would be able to tell how much of that was an entire lie, how internally he was just as bruised and broken, pieced together with tape and sticks as everyone else that didn’t know how to deal with their traumas.

The emotions from Nate barrage him in return. And it’s Sunjata that has to pause too, because he’s not entirely sure how Nate means. It comes across in the bond as well, the brief uncertainty of whether Nate means being able to shift and indulge as well, or the fact it was them being together, of having this life with nobody to judge or second guess – something neither of them had in their previous worlds.

All he can do is just nuzzle his own boxy head in closer to Nate – purring increasing, heartbeat a steady drum in his chest. I am too. He begins, a slow inhale of breath. I’m so glad we met, skatjie. He purrs back.
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
NATE
If he wants to be? No, no. It's too much effort to worry over something Nate knows is just for him, and that smug assurance drifts through the bond without words. You're the only one who's gotten this close. It's not quite the same, the distinction floating loosely in the back of his mind, though it doesn't seem important enough to explain. They've gotten to the same equation, with different work.

It is one thing to know they're similar, to know they both mask deeper things, bad things, with humour and gruffness and eventually anger, but it's another thing entirely to actually feel those broken pieces, how similar they are, despite the vast difference in experiences. Perhaps it is that realization, that feeling that finally silences the last voice in his head, croaking that he needs to be strong, that he needs to hold himself up, and everyone around him.

When he hides his face, looking for comfort, for security, he trusts Sunjata will the there. Will understand his burdens. And even though it's something that's Nate's known for a long time, it isn't something he's actually realized before.

Nate just enough that he's more firmly settled in the crook of his fiance's neck. I love you. Though more than simply words flowed from him, another wave sweeping out towards the other man. For the first time in too long, he felt like he could fall asleep, be carried away into a peaceful slumber, and that is what made him remember they couldn't spend the night curled around each other in a jungle. As wonderful an idea as it seemed.
what we do to each other
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Honestly, he’s honored to be the only one to get this close to Nate. And still, somewhere deep down, he feels like he’s still not close enough. He wants to hear everything, to know everything about him from his previous life. He hopes that having this closeness might open things up between them, the idea that Sunjata wasn’t going to go anywhere regardless of how shitty things had been. If Nate decided to stay despite the fact Sunjata had so much blood on his hands, there’s nothing that would stop Sunjata from staying in return — no matter what Nate did or had to deal with.

But he nestles in close, large paws keeping Nate in close, and the purring between the two of them is loud and a constant whirring of a sound that accompanies the barrage of emotions that splash down toward him again. He takes a deep inhale, nuzzling his head in closer, awash with love and vibrancy. And Sunjata shifts then, moving slightly over under the heavy weight of Nate’s form. I love you too. He hums back through the bond, before he’s nudging Nate over so he can stand. The realization that they couldn’t stay like this all night — at least not here, in his mind. But once they got the kill back to the house, it would be free game.

He places his paws on either side of Nate then, head lowering to bump his nose into Nate’s scarred cheek. Let’s take the ramphire home and then you can explore the form some more, hmm? Comes the quiet question, tongue lashing out in a makeshift kiss — his reluctance evident through the bond that he doesn’t want to but knows they have to. Grab one end and we can drag it back I think. The other suggestion is made as he’s pulling away, moving to the ramphire and nudging it with his head so it’ll roll over, before grabbing a leg within his maw.
SUNJATA
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
NATE
The thought does occur to Nate, to share more, in a moment warm and safe and comfortable, but he's not sure where, how to even begin. He already has a hard enough time admitting he's more than what's happening right now, that what he's lived through and grown up with has shaped him. The man in Caido is a far better person than he'd ever tried to be before, though it's not that that stops him, not entirely.

It will happen. Nate just needs to slip in the right headspace for it, and while he's not there yet, it's only a matter of time before the openness with Sunjata tips him into it, breaks away his walls even easier than alcohol, than any other kind of intoxicant.

There's a saying about great minds that probably doesn't apply to them, but they are in some kind of sync, Sunjata shifting him, getting ready to move, and Nate rolling onto his back easily, the slightest tip of his tongue poking out from between furry jaws. His neck stretches out to press against his fiance, leaning into the 'kiss' with a pleased chirp, cutting off his purring. I think that sounds like fun. Nate tries to send a feeling of encouragement through the bond, tries to combat the reluctance with anticipation.

There's so much he wants to try.

First though, they do need to move the ramphire, get it someplace safer than the middle of the jungle, where it could attract god knows what. They had an unlucky streak wider than it was long between them, and it would put a damper on their relaxing Flowerbirth if they got attacked by some beast. With a grunt, Nate rolls onto his feet and follows along after his partner, leaning in to grab it's other end and lift it up.

A bright chuckle sounds through the bond, surprise and delight peaking along with it. This is easier than I thought, sonskyn. Or maybe that's just him. It's difficult to tell how much of his ascended ability translates into this shape.
what we do to each other
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Sunjata has had his own bouts of dealing with his past self. And that’s one thing they can both agree on, the fact that he was a far better person in Caido as well — still didn’t mean he didn’t have any blood on his hands. No, in fact, it didn’t even redeem him from them. But the fact remained that he was happier here, less likely to draw blood without anyone forcing him to. And he hopes it stays that way.

A warm pulse is sent back to Nate with the encouragement received, a bubbly feeling as their heads nuzzle and Sunjata offers a feline kiss to his fiancé, moving then to grab hold of the leg, his steel gaze watching as Nate approaches to grab the other side. There’s a breathy laugh sent back down the bond, a knowing look. You just needed to let go of trying to control it a bit. He offers back, a pulse of a feeling akin to a wide boyish grin. But I know how much you like control. His voice takes on a teasing purr, a wink sent in Nate’s direction, before they’re dragging it back home.

It takes a fair amount of time, the home a decent distance away from the Rainbow Road, but they make it eventually. Exhaustion lingers in his bones, but as soon as they’ve got the kill within the home in a cooler spot to store it until they can deal with it, Sunjata’s simply just glad to be home.

He’s not too exhausted to not seek Nate out, however, lowering himself to the ground a small amount before launching himself at his fiancé — a playful pounce of a ‘sneak’ attack. So what do you wanna do first? He purrs, a hum of a laugh streaming through.
SUNJATA
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
NATE
If I'm running things, everyone else gets to enjoy it darling. Not that that meant he begrudged the position he put himself in, not by a long shot, he was just as capable of stepping away, when he wanted to, and that oil slicked feeling overlaid his silent words. I've learned to... trust in things a little more, lately. This is passed over with great importance, supported by an even greater amusement. As if it's been some great sacrifice to open himself up.

There's less time to speak while they're transporting their kill back home, too much focus spent on keeping balance. At least Nate's question about how far his tirelessness stretches in this form is answered, because he's aware of the wear on his body, even if it doesn't quite touch him, and he's aware of Sunjata's similar exhaustion. He's not quite sure if he can tell that because of the attuned bond, or their own personal bond, but it does have him leaning closer when they finally arrive, then circling around, looking for ways to test his shape closer to home.

His mindfulness is mistimed though, aimed in the wrong direction. There's enough energy left in his partner for games, for a sneak attack that sends Nate sprawling into the dirt, a great rumble leaving him. What is there to do? Nipping teeth snap near Sunjata's ear, great playful paws grabbing him so Nate can rise with his fiance.
what we do to each other
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
A sneak attack is the best way to go, Sunjata figures. It’s the only way he might have a one-up on his fiancé, especially when Ascended abilities seem to translate a small amount toward the shift. He wonders if Nate bleeds in this shift, if it’ll come out that pearlescent sheen instead of red. He hopes he doesn’t find out – left to imagine his own ways the way Nate’s body has changed was much like his own – still the same internally, just… A different shell, so to speak.

Still, there’s bubbling amusement that flickers toward Nate as they collide into the dirt. Mm, what do you want to do is more the question. He rumbles back – peering over at Nate from the way the Ascended nips at his ear. The ears themselves flicker with the action, the air that presses against them a small amount, before he snorts his own puff of air back at Nate. And then they’re standing – at least Sunjata attempts to, and shakes out the dirt in his pelt, moving to bump and brush along Nate’s side.

We’ve already hunted… My instincts are telling me to take the ramphire into the tree and nap. A huff of a laugh leaves him, ears perking toward Nate as his boxy head swings toward the Ascended, his long dark tail flickering along the ground. He wonders if Nate recalls how often Sunjata had fallen asleep as a panther with the man. Whatever we decide to do, I'd prefer to be inside. Where it’s warm and a soft bed sits for prime cuddling, before the rain comes and mats down his fur uncomfortably.

Race ya? He purrs the question, shouldering Nate playfully, before hopping up the few steps of the porch and shoving his way through the door.
SUNJATA
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
NATE
Amusement is infectious, the symptoms a bright chuckle echoing out of Nate, even as his head pulls back, shakes as if the air has really bothered him. Dramatics are much more fun in this shape. I don’t know what there is to do. He tries to protest, before going limp and flopping over Sunjata, sliding back into the dirt a little bit.. Nate knows what he should do, as much as he might not want to admit it. There is a conscious effort required to let go, to sink deeper into the shift and just be, instead of keeping some kind of control over himself.

Rising again properly, Nate’s struck suddenly by a feeling of weariness in his body, not distressing or debilitating, but present. Obvious, now, something he should have noticed before this point. Before he gets the chance to voice it, Sunjata is there, already suggesting a nap. As much as he can manage one. As luck would have it, Nate remember how often his fiancé had napped against him in this very shape, and he can’t stop himself from imagining just how much better it would be to cuddle with both of them in this shape. He could probably have stopped himself from sharing the feeling, but what was the point in keeping it to himself. As long as we’re together I don’t mind where we go. A nap does sound good though.

His long body leans maybe a touch too heavily against the others, seeking warmth and closeness, sharper than they usually were in this form. The word ‘race’ perked him up tho, a single wide blue looking up at the open door, before his own purr tumbled out of him. You’re on!

Why bother rushing inside at all? Instead of following after his fiancé, Nate leapt up, climbing onto the roof of the porch and nosing his way towards the window. It’s a struggle to get open without hands, but he manages, in about as much time as it takes Sunjata to race through the house anyways, though it’s still a victory he will stubbornly claim. The more important thing is that he’s first on the bed, a fact he uses to his full advantage as he stretches out, invading into what would normally be Haai’s space. Pemota follows after him, through the open window, though he could only quest at where the starwhale had been, what she’d been doing.
what we do to each other
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
He doesn’t know what to do yet. It’s that final thought that has Sunjata sure that the longer his fiancé sticks in the shift, the easier the relinquishing of control over it will help with the not knowing. Content splashes over him, however, as soon as Nate’s excitement over the prospect of a proper cat nap hits him down the bond. Sunjata agrees, two fluffy and large bodies sprawled out among blankets and warmth certainly did sound more comforting.

But what he doesn’t expect is the race to be… Well, less exciting at first. Nate’s all for it, yet as soon as Sunjata’s shouldered into the home, the Ascended isn’t behind him. He falters a bit in the way he pauses to look back, ears perked curiously before he’s padding up the stairs, wondering if Nate’s letting him win when he hears the sound of the window.

Well, you’re resourceful, guess you won. He sends up the bond with a bright laugh, rounding the edge of the stairs at the top to spot Nate curled out along the bed and waiting for him. Haai follows behind, curling up in a blanket that’s fallen to the floor as Sunjata approaches the foot of the bed, sniffing at it briefly before hopping up. And then it’s his turn to crush Nate — sprawling out over the Ascended, Sunjata properly flops down on Nate, pinning him down. Now, what should be your prize? He rumbles, pressing his boxy head against Nate’s neck.
SUNJATA
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
NATE
I'm not going to turn into a cat and not climb something. The words rush away from Nate like a leaf on a river current, quick and bright. Even lounged out as he is, taking up most of the bed, his eye stays focused on the door, watching the liquid shadow shape of his fiance melt into the room. A feline grin spreads over his face, along with sparks of simple delight that move through the bond, just from seeing the other again. The heavy head drops to the bed, bright eye slipping closed as Nate tries to reach out mentally, wondering if he can feel the true attuned just through the bond, if he can sense where he is.

A creak betrays the extra body on the bed sooner than anything in the bond does, and before his little test can go on any longer, pressure settles over him. Immediately, a deep purr rumbles out of Nate. He'd taken all the best spots in the hopes of exactly this outcome. I get a prize too? Smothered as he is, Nate can't really return the close gesture pressing in against his neck, though he still tries valiantly to. You spoil me Sunny.

It's not an answer, though a few do filter absently through Nate's mind, ranging from sweet to dirty. Instead, he squirms under the body on top of him, wriggling until he's more properly on his back, until he can shift his head so his chin rests on the top of Sunjata's head. I don't know if I need anything more than this. Unless... you want to finish what we started in the jungle.
what we do to each other
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Fair enough. He rumbles as he’s climbing along the bed, dropping himself onto Nate with all the playfulness he can muster despite the exhaustion that slips into his bones from their hunt. They should prepare the creature, separate it out for the gift packages for Fiat Lux, and yet… This takes precedence. He feels the warmth and delight from Nate, rebounded back from Sunjata as he grows more comfortable in this strange attempt at two panthers cuddling. Of course I spoil you. He purrs, though it ends in a bright, soft laugh. You deserve it, you know. Comes the additional bit, pulling his head away from Nate’s neck as his fiancé begins to wiggle from beneath him.

And then they’re resituated, Nate’s chin resting on his head. Sunjata’s eyes close as he settles in with the feeling – warmth and comfort bleeding through the bond. At the question, though, the possibility of opening up… A steel eye opens to view the other black fuzzy body as he considers it. I wouldn’t mind. He begins, open honesty slipping from him as he tilts his head a bit so Nate’s chin rests more along Sunjata’s cheek. If you want that. Of course, there’s some bit of trepidation within, the fact that Sunjata doesn’t know how much Nate wishes to open up – but they’re open books to one another in this form. Perhaps it will help, perhaps it’ll make things worse. They won’t know until they try.

So a paw lifts, to tuck under Nate’s neck, keeping his fiancé close. However you want to start. And there’s a feeling within the words that suggests he doesn’t have to start anything if he doesn’t want to – giving Nate the choice to continue it or not. He closes his eyes, regardless, even if it wouldn’t affect anything with the connection between them right now. It’s the idea of it that counts, he thinks.
SUNJATA