not in lone splendor, held aloft in the night
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
tell me Atlas what is heavier?
the world or its peoples hearts?
By the man's scarred countenance and his various jobs and buildings, Harper can assume that Sunjata at least understands his defensiveness. Even if he didn't, the man has the decency not to point it out, and so Harper lets it go rather quickly. Though he does lean against the wall near Sunjata's propped foot, angling to see the man properly as they speak but declining to sit. Full of too much aimless energy to stand being confined.

"Since when did you become the go-to therapist?" It's a gentle joke, though there's some sincerity to the question that he boldly asks instead of dancing around. "Are you sure you'd like to know? Even just listening can place the burden upon you." And I don't want to do that if you aren't ready. It goes unspoken, but it's plainly written in his guileless puppy eyes. There's no need for acting and subterfuge in his daily life anymore, he'd rather just be open. Too many years of manipulation had drained him.

The appearance of fangs has him tilting a curious head, knowing that Ascended don't have animal forms. But it's not so pressing a matter as to ask. "She said she'd always come if I called, assured me it would never be a problem. But coming from a place where gods didn't exist at all, it seems blasphemous to waste her time on anything really." Huffing a laugh, he taps his heel against the front of his shoes, restless.
Harper

Messages In This Thread
RE: not in lone splendor, held aloft in the night - by Harper - 07-24-2020, 03:24 AM