Blown on the Steel Breeze
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
just put down the bottle, don't listen to what you've consumed
The absolute last thing he needs is yet another laundry list of tasks to complete to move forward, only bloated by his mistake, by the slip of a mask he hasn't worn in far too long. He can worry about how soft Caido has made him later, because he needs to somehow twist this back in his favour, needs to speed up the timeline, at least a little bit. A show of consideration plays over his face, Nate's lips pursing as he thinks the deal over.

"My timeline is a little bit tighter than that." The words seem hesitant to leave him, and he leans back, hand lifting to rub at his chin, then gesturing out as an idea seems to strike him. "Would you be willing to give me a deal? I can get you double the horns today, and I'll let you hold onto this-" A necklace is removed from around his neck, held for her to examine, silver shining, the single gem glittering in the cloud-starved sunlight "-until I come back with the rest. And I will come back for it. Zeph'll vouch for that." A deliberate glance is thrown towards the smuggler, pleading enough that it hurts Nate's pride, and that's almost more obvious on his face. "Won't you?"
it's chaos, confusion, and wholly unworthy
of feeding and it's wholly untrue
NATE
Zephyr Kawaianu
Smuggler / Guildmaster

Age: 42 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 10 - Int:
KI - Regular - Panther Chamelon
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
zephyr

It's a steep fucking price, but apparently Nate is ready to pay it and then some. Normally you might be skeptical of such an offer, especially made by someone who does not like you very much at all, and especially when that person is trying to use your goodwill as leverage, but gods if he doesn't seem properly desperate. It's almost physically painful to watch.

"Yup, that's right." Stepping forward at last, you sling an arm familiarly over Nate's shoulders. Just because you've decided to help him doesn't mean you can't be an ass about it. "An' don' worry, auntie- th' Director here'll be payin' us both back in a very reasonable timeframe. Won't'cha, Nathaniel?" You do not know if his full name is Nathaniel but you're taking a guess (and also you really don't care).

Still skeptical but won over by your word, the old woman lifts the cloth again for Nate to retrieve the diamond. Alright, but if I don' get 'em by mid Tallsun I'mma tell Conner t'come find you, Zephyr. An' I'm keepin' th'necklace if you don' come through.
I was born here and I'll die here against my will
I know it looks like I'm movin' but I'm standin' still
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
just put down the bottle, don't listen to what you've consumed
It takes everything in Nate to not stiffen when an arm is thrown around his shoulder. Can’t let a little surprise ruin what’s supposed to look like a beautiful friendship, after all. Even if he does want to wrinkle his nose at the use of his full name. ”I always pay what I owe. Don’t you worry.” The little wink that accompanies his words doesn’t really help his case, but he’s already in the clear, as far as he’s concerned. A thought that only grows more confident as the bowls are revealed again, and he can reach out to snatch up the diamond, a flourish of his fingers hiding exactly where it’s secreted away to.

The old woman gives him something a touch more valuable than only the diamond, a little smirk spreading over his face at his guides full name. Not a tidbit he can use right away, but one that might be fun later, in a fit of pettiness. For the moment, Nate offers a surprisingly sincere thanks to Zeph, a bright smile to the shopkeeper, then makes his way back home, meaning to grab the ramp hire horns, the first piece of his quest gathered up easily enough.

Now for the next pieces.

Done
it's chaos, confusion, and wholly unworthy
of feeding and it's wholly untrue
NATE