Key Quest teeth and bones
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
death, you bring death and destruction to all that you touch
The blood, the bodies, the tainted remnants coiled and contorted straight into his chest, because in some part they’d already failed. The confusion of the moments pressed together had been all the more apparent, instances of clarity gone as the mist and fog continued to congeal –

And then he could hear it.

Echoes, echoes, echoes, the pounding of a fist upon a door, outcries bludgeoning his senses. He knew it instantly, and everything within him seized up, rigid, taut, and unyielding, because all he wanted to do was fall apart on that damned beach.

Please forgive me, please forgive me, please forgive me became a mantra in his mind, absorbing every perception in his body, inching forward to go after her, despite all the warnings, despite all the yells. Could she be saved this time? Could he go back and change anything? He already comprehended the answer, and still his skull ricocheted with the same notions.

She is gone curled through too, and he knew that, he knew, but it still hurt, it still bled, it still maimed.

Inklings began to scorch over him again, shaking his head, backing away with the rest of them. Zuriel went to heal Sunjata as he came closer, and while treading, while reeling, while trying to keep any faculty together, the beast summoned his air and water incantations. Hoping to pierce through the fog again, to whisk it away, he also intended to draw the water, the waves back, to make them recede.

To shed a little clarity on what they were dealing with, and perhaps rid, deprive, natural surroundings and safeguards from whatever laid within the deep.

--

Due to HG citizenship, Deimos rolls with advantage on luck-based rolls!

Zuriel tries to heal Sunjata.

Deimos attempts to retreat further up the beach, and tries to use Mastered Air to get rid of the fog again, and Mastered Water to pull the waves back.

•  Air manipulation: Can create and control the air. Must be within a 30ft radius.
Type: Grey | Rank: Mastered

•  Water manipulation: Can create and control water. Must be within a 30ft radius.
Type: Light | Rank: Mastered
DEIMOS

Age: 6 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
key quest

A lot of things happen at once. Let’s get right to it.

Whatever it is - the shouting of voices, the way the fog clears, the sudden clarity at realising that the voices cannot, cannot be real - most of you manage to clear your heads for a few moments. Most of you.

Not Raza, though.

Other citizens emerge through the mist, drawn by their own calls, their own memories, but they are halted by the sight that greets them and by the winged creature with flames bellowing from its jaws. (Good job, Haai!) Zuriel, too, makes short work of the injuries that Sunjata has sustained, reducing them down to some swelling and bruising that can be ignored for now.

Just in time for the fog to blow back again, for the waves to retreat under Deimos and his manipulations. For the first time, the party can see what is out there waiting for them. And it’s looking right back.

It is truly monstrous in size, each paw (webbed and tipped with long, sharp claws) easily large enough to cave in the chest of a large man. It’s all muscle, this creature; its skin is sleek, tough, like sealskin, its tail more reminiscent of a shark’s. And two horns curl up from behind its ears, curving forward, ready to strike.

Sea panthers should not be found on the beach. What has brought it here? Strange tides from the monsoon, perhaps? Either way, it’s here now, and it’s hungry.

And Raza is distracted, still, in the fight with the dead. She’s too slow, and as the panther lunges forward, it’s the Liaison who is gored by one of those deadly horns, flung back along the beach by several feet.

There’s no time to waste.

A few citizens approach, but are kept at bay by Haai for now! They can be ordered around. Raza is gored by the sea panther.

Your randomly assigned post order is as follows:

1. Zephyr 60/60
2. Sunjata 230/240
3. Raza 14/54 (WARNING - The next hit will kill you!)
4. Deimos 370/370

You have 48 hours to respond after the person before you. Please include a summary at the bottom of your post.

Zephyr Kawaianu
Smuggler / Guildmaster

Age: 42 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 10 - Int:
KI - Regular - Panther Chamelon
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
zephyr
The guilty undertaker sighs
The lonesome organ grinder cries
Would ya look at that. A sea panther.

Under different (read: very, very, very different) circumstances this might be cool. As it is you're focused less on the mythical animal in front of you and more on getting the almighty fuck away from it. Let the heroes do the fighting. You've got people to give a shit about.

Like Raza. Beautiful, snarky, brilliant Raza who is lying on the sand with a fucking hole in her. "Raz!" you call out, scrambling toward her, hoping to help her up and get her out of reach. "C'mon- get up. It's not fuckin' nap time."

Part of what makes you good at your job is your ability to keep your head. The biter and the big guy are far better suited to combat, and they're dispensable outlanders. Your people? Less so.

"We gotta get 'em t'safety," you tell Raza, jerking your chin to the gathering crowd of idiots. "Let these fuckers take care'a th'panther, ay?"

Turning back to the unfolding disaster, you set your jaw and glare at the panther. "This'd be a great time fer some helpful god shit," you mutter, not sure who, if anyone, will give enough of a shit to respond, and perfectly aware that helpful god shit is something of an oxymoron.

Zephyr tries to help Raza up and asks her to get the civilians off the beach. He then attempts to invoke some god shit, aka channel!

Channeling: Allows an Accepted to channel a lesser deity during a time of crisis (1x a season)
Type: Light | Rank: Basic
The silver saxophones say I should refuse you
But it's not that way, I wasn't born to lose you
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
// when we forget the infection, will we remember the lesson?
if the suspense doesn't kill you, something else will //
Suddenly, Zuriel appears from the fog, horn bowed toward him and the familiar healing races and courses through his body. There’s a sharp inhale once it’s over, unable to find too much pain with his lungs and his ribs, and Sunjata nods to Zuriel — a quiet “thanks,” offered to the unicorn. And then he turns and spots the parting mist — approaching near Deimos and the rest of them. And holy shit is he not fucking prepared for what he sees.

A lot of things happen, the sea panther and Raza, the tinge of copper in the air as it lunges for her and Haai flares her wings along the shore with the sudden movements. And holy shit this is about to get real bad, real fucking fast. Zeph’s got Raza, which leaves him focused on the chaos, jaw clenching and hands gripping the daggers a bit tighter.

Haai lifts herself from the beach now, wings flared as she goes to make a barrier of sorts between the people and the water — flame cascading along her path to try and keep more people from joining. And then there’s Sunjata, gripping one of the daggers extra tight, the one that sparkles and sizzles with electricity, and he wonders if he can aim it into the water if it might be able to web out enough to hit the creature — he certainly doesn’t want to get close. He swipes out with the electric dagger, shooting the electricity toward the water, praying silently to Safrin that it might work.

Haai takes flight and flies along the beach, shooting fire down to make a barrier between the people and the sea panther, Sunjata meanwhile uses one of his daggers to try and spark the electricity from it into the water toward the sea panther.

Type: Dark
Trident Daggers (Upgraded) | Two daggers perfectly weighted and sculpted for Sunjata. One can shoot fire in a 5ft arc and the other electricity.
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Age: 37 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 20 - Int:
HOA - Regular - Albino Granite Burmese Python
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 59
raza
I can’t breathe. I - can’t - breathe -

Pain lances through my side, an’ I hit the ground. Hard. Hard enough to knock my breath all the way back to Haulani. Starin’ at the sky, the thing that hit me, my head rings an’ then Zeph is there. I blink.

Nap? I ain't nappin'...
No, that's not what he meant. Blinking, I try to wade through the confusion.

My breath comes back slowly, but each one is tinged with a stab of pain. Tryin’ to feel out where it is, I touch my ribs, my side, an’ it comes back wet. Red. Blood. My blood? Has to be. I look up at Zeph an’ try to stand, but the pain makes me stumble an’ pull on ‘im. “Fuckkkk,” I hiss through gritted teeth, followed quickly by a barely audible “Aye -”

I decide to sit and scoot back as quickly as I can, mostly on my unhurt side, pushing my way through the damp sand. Hearin’ Zeph’s mutter about useful god shit, I pause and look up (as if that were helpful, like an idiot) an’ scream, “Yeah, we could ues a little help here!” And then, as a bit of an afterthought, because situations like this aren’t exactly full’a pleasantries, I add, “Please.”

------------------

Raza tries to back away from the water. She adds her channeling to Zeph’s and uses her regional (Torchline) feat.

Channeling: Allows an Accepted to channel a lesser deity during a time of crisis (1x a season)
Type: Light | Rank: Basic

Torchline: Torchline has taught you to survive her weather and her terrain. Once per PQ/PQ+/KQ/Drop, you can 'shrug off' half the damage from ONE attack. (In order to use this ability, you must put a clear note in the bottom of your post immediately following the attack you want to 'shrug off').
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
The revelation of what lurked beneath only confirmed another trial, another slide of dread, apprehension, and consternation. He’d never seen such a thing, this dangerous beast, in the midst of the world (and would likely never want to again) – leaping, launching, towards their party. More would likely be doomed if they didn’t take care of the creature – and he wondered why it was always them, barraged straight into misery. For now, if he could keep himself together (the Sword couldn’t hear Rexanna’s screams at the moment), they might be able to do something.

The assault upon the woman curled against him, and before he could do anything about it, the other stranger was tending to her. He gave Zuriel a nod, and the unicorn bounded towards the injured, once more called upon for her healing prowess, striving to soothe and assuage as they moved along.

It looked like he and Sunjata would actually be working together this time, and Deimos took in a single, stoic breath, before orchestrating more tactics. The griffin unfolded fire, Sunjata was utilizing some sort of electrical weapon – conjuring another idea.

He continued to utilize the manipulation of air, yearning to keep their visibility in place, and then pondered over the sanctity of the water in his control. He opted to use it in a different capacity, hoping for an added conduction with Sunjata’s dagger – intending to contort the waves around the panther, and then chisel them into spikes of ice. Perhaps they’d render and hold the animal in place and lacquer damage at the same time.

--

Zuriel tries to heal Raza!

Deimos continues to use Mastered Air manipulation to try and keep the fog at bay.

He also changes the alteration to his Mastered Water magic, intending to bring the water back around the panther (hopefully assisting in conducting more electricity for Sunjata’s dagger), and shape it into ice spikes to drive into, damage, and hold the creature in place.

•  Air manipulation: Can create and control the air. Must be within a 30ft radius.

•  Water manipulation: Can create and control water. Must be within a 30ft radius.
Type: Light | Rank: Mastered
DEIMOS
Spooky Rags

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
ludo
”Hey! Bad kitty.”

It is not a ball of rags that appears before them, but a youth up to the ankles in the shallows. Next to the sea panther it is quite minuscule, and yet the creature lets out a rumbling sort of yowl and bows down low to the sand, as if cowering before a master.

”You didn’t even finish your meal,” Ludo continues, shaking its head at the bodies being stolen away by the shallows - around the party, if they look closely, they will see bobbing wisps of light which migrate towards the soul guide.

Reaching out, Ludo boops the panther on the nose, causing it to flinch back a bit, hissing its irritation. ”Now you be good, hear? Especially to those two.” It points back at the two Accepted, raising its eyebrows at the creature, before strolling off along the beach with the souls in tow.

Around them, the world grows quiet and calm.

Thanks to the efforts of your channelling, Ludo has appeared! The party will no longer be affected by the calls of their loved ones in the fog (you lucky bugs).

It also gives the sea panther a telling off, a smack on the nose, and warns it not to cause Zephyr and Raza trouble! These two members of the party will not be targeted by the sea panther for the next 2 rounds.

Age: 6 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
key quest

Well, well, well. Isn’t that something?

A god in the flesh, a sea panther chastised, a Liaison healed, and a wall of flame. One might think you were all just a little bit extra.

Still, your efforts pay off. Disorientated by its telling off, the monstrous creature does not see your attacks coming. The water rushes in, crackling with electricity from Sunjata and his dagger, an almost simultaneously shards of ice leap up to pierce at its thick hide. It roars its displeasure, swiping a heavy paw towards Deimos - one that he neatly manages to avoid.

And the crowd that was gathering? They’re long gone, freed from the chains of memory that drew them out here to begin with.

You’ve gained the upper hand. For how long?

The citizens disperse - a combination of Haai’s efforts with the fire, Ludo’s appearance, and the orders from Zephyr and Raza! Zuriel also succeeds in healing Raza.

Sunjata attacks the panther and HITS!
Deimos attacks the panther and HITS!
The panther attacks Deimos and MISSES!

Sea Panther: 239/400

1. Zephyr 60/60
2. Sunjata 230/240
3. Raza 54/54
4. Deimos 370/370

You have 48 hours to respond after the person before you. Please include a summary at the bottom of your post.

Zephyr Kawaianu
Smuggler / Guildmaster

Age: 42 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
zephyr
Well you managed to pull off your one trick. Time to go back to having nothing to contribute.

Deciding to ignore, for now, the fact that a small child just appeared and booped the panther on the nose (god shit, amirite?) before making off with a bunch of souls, you instead focus on taking the win and making the most of the respite. The Torchers are backing off, Raz seems good as you don't hear your dead wife singing- overall things are going surprisingly fucking well.

The 'biter and the big guy seem to have things handled on the quelling the kitty front, and you're both smart enough and aware enough of your own limitations to know you aren't a fighter. Nor do you think it would help much for you to get in the way. So, confident nobody else is around to get fucked up, ready a rock in your hand. "Oy, Biter!" you call out to Sunjata, "An'... you! Let us know whathca need, eh?"

And then for good measure you hurl the rock at the stupid cat who thought it could come fuck up your docks.

Zeph tells Jata and Deimos to direct him if they need shit 'cus he's useless and he knows it. Though he does throw a rock at the kitty.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
// when we forget the infection, will we remember the lesson?
if the suspense doesn't kill you, something else will //
He watches as Ludo appears, some sort of momentary pause cascading over him, a shudder running through his bones at the way the sea panther reacts to what Ludo does. But then the electricity is sparking thanks to Deimos, steel gaze slipping over to nod a bit of thanks to the General. People start to pull back as the ice impales and Sunjata lets out a shuddering breath as he steps back one step.

Haai, after succeeding in getting the people to leave, turns her attention toward the sea panther. The griffin switches her spots, aiming to unleash her fire on the creature ahead of them. And Sunjata, meanwhile, reaches out to the creatures in the ocean, searching for any encantados nearby that might be able to bring a lightning strike of a storm into the mix. He steps forward again, swiping out with the electric dagger, hoping to get another spider web of electricity to spark across toward it.

Sunjata tries to compel encantados to bring a thunder/lightning storm on top of the sea panther and swipes up with the electric dagger again.

Haai tries to use her flame on the sea panther.

Can compel like-minded animals for assistance (1 large, 3 medium, 5 small, from the same animal family)

Trident Daggers (Upgraded) | Two daggers perfectly weighted and sculpted for Sunjata. One can shoot fire in a 5ft arc and the other electricity.
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Age: 37 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 20 - Int:
HOA - Regular - Albino Granite Burmese Python
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 59
raza
A lot happens, and the first thing to do is pat the unicorn on the nose and exhale a grateful, “Thanks.” Other than that, I watch Ludo with a bit of an open mouth, honestly surprised that the channeling worked, given my track record with shrines. Perhaps not as jaded as Zeph, I half-heartedly wave to the herald as it disappears down the beach before the attacks from Sunjata and the big guy draw my attention back. They're impressive. An’ since I feel a hell of a lot better, it makes perfect sense to try somethin’ again.

Maybe it’s Ludo’s admonition to the predator that rings in the air and maybe it’s the need to not feel useless - who knows? But I can’t sit around right now, even though I was almost just run through with horns. Pushin’ myself up from the sand, I dart towards the Arbiter, coming up behind him with a daring, wild, “Give me the other dagger -”

And if he doesn’t I’ll try to snatch it out of his hand, boldly stupidly running up to the sea panther and try to fill its face with fire, all while staying out of the water.

That’s for slicin’ my side open, ya cunt.

--------------

Raza asks Sunjata to give her a dagger so she can burn the sea panther’s whiskers off (from outside the electrified water, hopefully)

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
A multitude of things occurred – and for a momentary gesture the Sword widened his eyes at the herald’s appearance, the booping upon the raging monster’s nose, and then everything else flickering together.

The water and electricity combined had been enough; and he granted a nod in Sunjata’s direction. This was what he’d always emphasized in every training he’d placed within the Hollowed Grounds: collaboration, teamwork. It was much more efficient, much more beneficial for everyone.

A quick roll, likely closer to Sunjata in this direction, helped to avoid the massive paw heading his way. Another breath, and he gathered himself again, battlefield tactics rising to the forefront. The rock hurler, and he could remember those days (only it’d been a knife while he laid collapsed against a wall), asked for whatever they needed, and with the woman rushing to grab Sunjata’s other dagger, his mind spun. “Can you make a barrier?” He gestured towards sandbags nearby – and they could always replace the monsoon armaments later, after ensuring everyone was still alive. “We might need cover.” If they were lucky, fortunate again, they might not.

Attention turning back to the panther, the air magic still instilled, the beast swapped the water infusions for the age-old, familiar, touches of life drain, intending to send its mastered, corrupt, decrepit designations straight for the beast.

--

Deimos asks Zeph to make a sandbag barrier.

He continues to wield his Mastered Air magic to keep the fog away, and then aims Mastered Life Drain at the sea panther.

Air manipulation: Can create and control the air. Must be within a 30ft radius.

Base Life Drain : Can take life force from a living thing to temporarily make themselves stronger within a 30ft radius.
Type: Dark | Rank: Mastered
DEIMOS

Change author:
key quest

In the aftermath of gods and monsters, a rock is thrown. It... misses, plunking into the water nearby. Good job @zeph - you tried!

Then Sunjata is on the move again - the waves around the sea panther ripple as three encantados appear. And whilst it cannot be seen in the thick fog above them... thunderclouds begin to form, flashes begin to lace through them. A well-placed lightning rod on some part of the panther, and you might just call some electricity down.

No sooner has Sunjata attacked when Raza races forward as well, the other dagger in hand given freely by the Arbiter. She succeeds where he does not, and the blade cuts deep into the panther, charring and searing the flesh. It roars in pain, taking a swipe at the nearest available target - Deimos - but hitting only air.

That gives the Sword enough time to weave his magic, leeching strength from the beast to increase his own. The fight continues.

Zeph throws a rock and MISSES. (Are you surprised).
Sunjata attacks and MISSES.
Raza attacks and HITS.
Deimos attacks and HITS. His strength is temporarily increased.
The panther attacks Deimos and MISSES.
Sunjata draws 3 encantados who start to rile up a thunderstorm, but they’ll need a lightning rod on the panther to do any damage!

Sea Panther: 162/400

1. Zephyr 60/60
2. Sunjata 230/240
3. Raza 54/54
4. Deimos 370/370

Raza and Zephyr will not be targeted by the sea panther for another 1 round.

The tide is beginning to go out again now that Deimos is not concentrating on the water.

Zephyr Kawaianu
Smuggler / Guildmaster

Change author:
zephyr
For those who are following along at home, you are now 0 for 4 on throwing things at monsters. The hero we deserve, if not the one we very desperately need.

Well, look. Let the fighters (and Raz, which, didn't she just almost die? Girl. Please.) do the fighting. As I've been saying this whole time, you're no good at it. But moving sandbags and making barriers against water? That you've been doing since you were in your ma's womb.

Snatching up as many bags as you can and trying to ignore the pain in your arm, you begin to construct a makeshift barrier off to the right of the fighting. Somewhere for them to duck for cover if things get hairy. And for you to hide behind and, yes, throw more rocks.

Zephyr attempts to build up a sandbag barrier just to the right of & behind whoever is furthest from the panther.