Key Quest teeth and bones
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
// when we forget the infection, will we remember the lesson?
if the suspense doesn't kill you, something else will //
So the electricity doesn’t work — but he relinquishes the use of his other dagger to Raza, concern alighting through him as she charges toward the panther. She manages to connect, which is better than what he’s managed to do this instant, but he does feel the encantados he’s compelled, the swirling of storms.

Turning toward Deimos, steel finds the large man with determination. “Can you make a lightning rod? We need to impale it into the panther.” Because he’s sure it’ll attract the lightning enough to get the job done. Hopefully they can throw well enough to get it there in the first place.

Haai grows braver, aiming to circle the panther and rain her fire down onto the creature. Sunjata waits a few heartbeats of a moment for Deimos to hopefully make the rod and impale it. Regardless if it manages to stick or not, Sunjata reaches for those encantados to send down the lightning, with or without.

Haai continues to spout fire at the panther.

Sunjata asks Deimos to make a lightning rod and hopefully throw it to impale the panther. If he does or doesn’t, Sunjata will still call down the lightning from the encantados storm!
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Age: 37 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 20 - Int:
HOA - Regular - Albino Granite Burmese Python
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 59
raza
Emboldened (and for once, feeling empowered in a group where I already pulled my single party trick), I jab out with the fire dagger again. There’s a feeling that my luck ain’t gonna last, though, so I make it quick, punctuating it with a command (as if what, I’m a God?), the picture of a perfectly irate Torcher.

“Get back, fucker.” I wave the fire arc to emphasize back.
“This ain’t your hunting grounds.” And that’ll certainly tell it what to do. Definitely.

Baring my teeth and hissing, I start to back away from the sea panther, hearing somethin’ about a lightning rod an’ not wantin’ to get electrocuted. Side-stepping away from the sea, I keep a watch out for an big paws again an’ try to give the guys the space to do their magic thing. Retreatin’ all the way back to Zeph if I can, I’m suddenly very done with all’a this.  
----------------------

Raza does a double jab with the flame dagger and then retreats back to where Zeph is on the beach so the guys can do their electricity thing.

Type: Dark
Trident Daggers (Upgraded) | Two daggers perfectly weighted and sculpted for Sunjata. One can shoot fire in a 5ft arc and the other electricity.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
death, you bring death and destruction to all that you touch
This could come together – strength pulsing, pervading, through his avaricious soul, taking, taking, taking it from the beast before them, yearning to expel it forward in ferocious fervency. But he had to tamper it for now, despite the longing, the drive within his potent form to unleash absolute hell; simply nodding at Sunjata’s request. A rod to compel lightning, to pierce and puncture, to devastate and maul. Maybe it’d be enough.

While his Air manipulation sought to continue visibility, so they could see, so they could know (so he could once again dodge; roll out of the way)), the contortions of Creation began. Infusing with earth, with fire, metallic edges and fringes came together in his palms: the pole meant to signify an electrical demolition. He handed it over to the Flood, permitting him to take the lead on impaling, on mayhem. Then, he attempted to back away, intending to be out of range of whatever assault was doomed to come.

--

Due to HG citizenship, Deimos rolls with advantage on luck-based rolls!

Deimos continues to wield Mastered Air. He also uses Mastered Creation to create a lightning rod, and hands it over to Sunjata. He then tries to get out of range of pending electrocution.

Air manipulation: Can create and control the air. Must be within a 30ft radius.
Type: Grey | Rank: Mastered

Base Creation: When combined with Mastered Air, Mastered Earth, Mastered Water, and Mastered fire, can create 2 magical items per season (with admin approval). Without mastering the four elements, can create well-made complex machines, and an unlimited number of regular items per thread limited by endurance stat. Small items last their natural lifespan. Medium and large items degrade after a season. Complex machines (a telescope, music box, etc) must be created with the knowledge of the character (i.e., cannot create a machine you don't understand/wouldn't be able to build with relevant tools)
Type: Light | Rank: Mastered
DEIMOS

Age: 6 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
key quest

They move almost as if in a coordinated dance, by now, striking out with blades and hefting sandbags and creating items. Zephyr manages to haul everything in place, creating a wall for them to hide behind, and as he works Raza darts in. Unfortunately the panther is ready this time, leaping back out of reach of the dagger and snarling its anger at her.

Meanwhile, Deimos creates a perfect lightning rod - and therein lies the problem. The rod is handed back to Sunjata rather than struck into the sea panther, and it leaves the Arbiter as a beacon for his own storm. The bolt lances down too quick to track, exploding into Sunjata and throwing him several feet across the sand. The hand that’s holding the lightning rod will be tracked with spiderweb burns, and the sand around him has turned to glass.

Whoops.

Sea Panther: 162/400

Sunjata attacks the panther and MISSES
Raza attacks the panther and MISSES
Sunjata is handed a lightning rod and is hit by lightning.
The panther attacks Sunjata and MISSES

Your randomly assigned post order is as follows:

1. Zephyr 60/60
2. Sunjata 193/240
3. Raza 54/54
4. Deimos 370/370

The blessing from Ludo has worn off from Raza and Zephyr.

The tide is out again now that Deimos is not concentrating on the water.

You have 48 hours to respond after the person before you. Please include a summary at the bottom of your post.

Zephyr Kawaianu
Smuggler / Guildmaster

Age: 42 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 10 - Int:
KI - Regular - Panther Chamelon
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
zephyr
The guilty undertaker sighs
The lonesome organ grinder cries
And this is why you shouldn't trust Outlanders to manage anything.

Peeking over your barricade you watch in fascination and horror as the disaster unfolds. It's so close to a good idea that you want to hold onto hope, but of course the 'Biter finds a way to royally fuck it - and himself - up. What a beautiful, gorgeous, exquisite burst of lightning the moron summons, channeling the energy into himself and.....

...yeah no that's it. Fucker got fried.

"Fuck fuck fuck." Well for all you know Talljata's dead (gonna be a long grave) and it was the big guy's doing which, if intentional, not a poorly executed plan. But... well, bleh. Much as you don't like the asshole, you feel bad leaving him out there on the glass sand. So you scramble out from behind your barricade and try to grab hold of his shoulders and drag the fucking giant of a man in, grunting as pain pulses through your arm and yelling to the big guy that "You were 'sposed t'stick it in th'fuckin' cat, ya oafish sonuva fuckin' whale!"

Zeph tries to drag Jata back behind the barrier and yells profanities at Deimos
The silver saxophones say I should refuse you
But it's not that way, I wasn't born to lose you
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
There’s a moment where he thinks it’s going well, when Deimos crafts the lightning rod. And then suddenly, handed to him as he’s concentrating on the storm and as he’s already begun the process of calling it down… “Wait, wait. Fuckingfuckfuckfuck.” It’s a jumbled mess as it leaves him, instinctively grabbing it because it’s given to him and he’s too focused on the storm.

And then he can hear the crackle of the lightning as it strikes, things feel like they’re in slow motion while the beam of light goes right to him, to his hand where the lightning strike hits. Does he smell burning? Maybe, he can’t tell because he’s not standing anymore. Blown completely away from where he’s standing, mind blanking, vision blurry and black in some spots, seeing stars. The crackle of glass is heard briefly, and the numb yet hard as fuck impact into the sand.

Haai continues to try and fly around the creature, raining her fire down upon the sea panther, while Sunjata gets dragged by Zeph — ears ringing too hard to hear anything he’s saying other than mumbled ‘fucking hells’ over and over again.

Sunjata does nothing (big surprise) but Haai continues to shoot fire at the sea panther!
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Age: 37 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
raza
Oh well done, guys. Well done.

Even if I miss, I at least ain’t hurt anyone. Or handed a fucking lightning rod to someone during a storm. For a moment I just stare at the two’a them, unable to believe what I just saw. And then an idea clicks, something that might keep us at a safe distance and away from things that might fry or eat us. Grabbin’ Sunjata’s other arm, I help him behind the barrier an’ then pop out to the side to yell to the big guy.

“What about raisin’ the water again an’ summoning something to pull the sea panther back into the water. Bite at it. Lure it back into the ocean. Anythin’ that’s easier to eat than us.” I don’t know what kinda magic he’s got, but it seems to be a lot, an’ there were the encantados (I dunno who summoned those). But like, anythin’ at this point. Flesh eatin’ fishies. Ghost Whale. It’s favorite food? There’s gotta be somethin’ on the menu that might distract it.

Fuckin’ Hels, even.

Cause if there's one thing I've learned, it's that you don't always have to be the strongest or fastest, you just don't want to be the weakest or last.
--------------

Raza helps drag Sunjata back to safety then pops back out and offers summoning/compelling suggestions to Deimos.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Oops.

It might’ve been a lapse in concentration, a moment of fatigue rolling in, a roleplayer not reading very well, but the intentions hadn’t been to harm. Regardless, Sunjata sizzled and sparked and snapped anyway, and the Sword’s eyes widened as he realized the error. “Sorry,” hands up in a gesture of apology, the sigh lingering through his chest. With one glance towards Zuriel, the unicorn arching a brow at him in mocking consideration, she followed after the stranger and Sunjata, intending to heal the Flood again.

Which left the woman to offer suggestions, since the latest hadn’t gone well.

He nodded (otherwise he would’ve gone straight for more offense again), and wandered behind the barrier, eyes narrowing as he utilized and honed in incantations and compelling. Per the norm, he stretched the air manipulation into its usual designations, and then the water – intending to drag the tide (edging it a little with some ice spikes once more), attempting to head towards the panther.

And what would even think to go after a sea panther?

He thought back to days of childhood along the Tides, and breathed – attempting to compel, summon, sperm whales, massive beasts he figured would be stronger, larger, than the creature before them.

--

Zuriel goes to heal Sunjata!

Deimos continues to use Air manipulation, and goes behind their makeshift barrier. He attempts to use Water Manipulation to bring the waves back (and an occasional ice spike towards the panther).

He tries to compel sperm whales to come and take care of the panther.

Water manipulation: Can create and control water. Must be within a 30ft radius.

Beastmaster | can compel any animal for assistance (6 large, 12 medium, or 20 small)
DEIMOS

Age: 6 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
key quest

It’s like the eye of a storm, as you all go running behind the barrier. Stillness and quiet, punctuated only by the rush of water as the waves come flooding back, leaving you all kneeling in water and sand. There’s the odd lance of an ice spike, but the panther is too quick for it, dodging out of the way.

And in the far, far distance, a few sperm whales decide that they’re absolutely not going to do this today.

So the panther lunges for the barrier you’ve made, only it turns out - good job Zephyr - that the thing is made of pretty sturdy stuff! It holds, for now.

So what’ll it be, kids? Fight, run, hide?

Sea Panther: 162/400

Deimos attacks with ice and MISSES.
The panther attacks the barrier and MISSES.

1. Zephyr 60/60
2. Sunjata 223/240
3. Raza 54/54
4. Deimos 370/370

The tide is coming back in.

You have 48 hours to respond after the person before you. Please include a summary at the bottom of your post.

Zephyr Kawaianu
Smuggler / Guildmaster

Age: 42 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 10 - Int:
KI - Regular - Panther Chamelon
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
zephyr
The guilty undertaker sighs
The lonesome organ grinder cries
You helped! Yay!

Now what?

Your barrier is still in place by some miracle, and now hiding three of you to boot. Honestly, you've probably been more helpful than Tweedle Tall and Tweedle Dumb over there. You summoned a god, for fuck's sake.

And now you're out of tricks.

"Oi, giants," you call to the outlander pair (including Sunjata, who now looks fine so please get up and help). "If y'all're gonna use lightnin' again fuckin' warn us so we ain't in the water. Here!"

Scrambling/reaching out into the danger zone, you try to grab the metal stick and chuck it to Deimos before scrambling back to cover - but further back, because fuck if you're gonna hang out in water while these to morons summon a storm.

Zeph tries to throw the lighting rod back into Deimos's reach, then goes back behind cover, but also away from the tide.
The silver saxophones say I should refuse you
But it's not that way, I wasn't born to lose you
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Fuck, his mind is spinning as Zuriel heals him – taking a moment to remain in the sand, as he reorients himself. Lightning, a strike, a blast as he’s tossed through the air – and oh right, a fucking sea panther. He feels like he doesn’t have time for much else, however, moving to push himself up to his feet again, wobbling a bit as his mind races to catch up. A flex of his right hand to see the lightning scars that are there, and he’s moving along the sand to grab the other dagger he’d had previously, lost in the sands among the mix of him getting electrocuted.

Zeph hands Deimos the lightning rod, and Sunjata casts an exhausted glance back toward Deimos. “Throw it at it this time.” It’s a cross between frustration and perhaps pleading – to not fucking hand it back to him. And just to be sure, Sunjata distances himself as Haai moves back to the edge of the beaches, to the barrier – creating a small line of flame to try and keep the panther from attacking the cover.

Sunjata reaches out for the encantados again, praying that Deimos can manage to land the rod in the creature – attempting to hopefully bring in the storm and call it down again. Though he waits, just to be sure. “Gonna try the lightning again.” He calls to Zeph and Raza, swiping up with the dagger again to shoot the electricity out toward the water and the panther once again.

Sunjata tries to compel the encantados to strike again, but WAITS until the rod is nowhere near them LMAO He also tries to swipe with his dagger at the same time.

Haai meanwhile’s created a flame barrier before the barrier Zeph’s created to try and keep the panther away from there as well.

Can compel like-minded animals for assistance (1 large, 3 medium, 5 small, from the same animal family)

Type: Dark
Trident Daggers (Upgraded) | Two daggers perfectly weighted and sculpted for Sunjata. One can shoot fire in a 5ft arc and the other electricity.
SUNJATA
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Change author:
raza
In theory my suggestions would have worked if, y’know, the guy hadn’t summoned sperm whales - which I don’t actually know about, cause I can’t see them. It just appears like nothin’ happens, and I look at him like he’s all brawn an’ no brains. Hadn’t I said lure the panther back out to sea, too?

Casting a look at Zeph, I start to wonder - at what point do we just abandon this whole operation? An' how shitty is it that I'm thinking of doing that?

Scoffing an’ throwing my hands up in the air, I decide to sit this one out by going back behind the barrier an’ waitin' for Sunjata (who seems to be better, thanks to the unicorn) and the non-Torcher to do their thing. Scrambling in my pockets, I try to find somethin’ to feed the unicorn an’ make a mental note to give the griffin a treat in future interactions. They’ve both done so well.

----------------

Raza holds her move and does nothing except go back behind the barrier and  think of future treats for Zuri and Hai
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Deimos had nearly an insurmountable amount, of patience, but even after a time of unfortunate events and naught occurring, it had begun to wear down. Once more nothing seemed to happen, and the notion of frustration settled deep into his jaw. He would’ve preferred to brood and brew about it, but with no time, no space to do so (refraining from rolling his eyes at Sunjata or the stranger barking at him), he simply sighed and moved on – putting it behind him once more. A reflection for later, when they were safe.

He wisely didn’t take the offered lightning rod; instead, since he’d been wielding the air for a while anyway, he also snagged at the beam, striving to lift it along the atmosphere. The notions were to finally achieve what they’d been venturing for earlier (what his error had negated), and position it along the panther. It seemed like foolishness, really, after the last trial. Maybe this line of effort would be more effective. Maybe he wouldn’t take anymore suggestions, and merely do it his way after this.

At the same time, he attempted to utilize the water, aiming to wrap the waves around the beast, dragging them away from behind the barrier, and to hold everything in place (lightning beacon and creature, tightly ensconced). He wanted it trapped, with nowhere to go but into oblivion.

--

Deimos continues casting Mastered Air to keep the fog at bay, and to lift the lightning rod towards the panther.

He also tries to drag the waves, using Mastered Water manipulation, towards the panther (and away from the barrier), to hold the beast and rod in place.

Water manipulation: Can create and control water. Must be within a 30ft radius.
DEIMOS

Change author:
key quest

That’s the thing with luck. When it’s good, it’s good.

It’s like a dance, mostly consisting of Sunjata - but then he’s the one running at a panther full tilt with a dagger in hand. Go big or go home, eh Jata?

The dagger strikes spectacularly, opening a crackling wound across the sea panther’s chest, and the thing roars loudly enough to shake the ground beneath their feet. It almost covers the sound of the lightning striking the rod - almost. The light show is incredible, forks of electricity lancing all around in the water. Sure, there are a few dead fish, but there’s also a very angry sea panther.

Needs must.

And the panther needs revenge, though rather than striking the barrier in any meaningful way, it more accurately staggers against it, doing precisely nothing. But the movement brings it out of the water, close enough to Sunjata to smack at him with its paw. The Flood goes down again, stripes of bleeding claw marks along his side and his left hip.

Sea Panther: 23/400

Sunjata attacks with his dagger and HITS.
The lightning is called down and HITS.
The panther attacks the barrier and MISSES.
The panther then turns on Sunjata and HITS.

1. Zephyr 60/60
2. Sunjata 183/240
3. Raza 54/54
4. Deimos 370/370

The tide is back in.