masquerade revelers
October Hart
Doctor

Age: 38 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: N/A - Strg: 14 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 0 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
October
when the night has been too lonely
and the road has been too long
You bloom during Dorian's stunned silence, lapping it up like a kitten might a saucer of cream. The man at your side is known for his silver tongue—a tongue that is rarely without something to say—and so to render him speechless is quite the feat. "Why never." You purr, all bright eyes and innocent smiles. "But for someone like you, surely seeing our most senior physician for all important matters is appropriate." You snort at the mention of smells, having very much gotten used to Falke's assortment of cure-alls that he self-administers.

"I..." Well, it's no wonder that you're tongue-tied. You're just a doctor, not an orator (capital or otherwise), but demigods? "I wonder if they'll be different to treat." You say with a bit of a shrug. "Or if they'll need treating at all."

As he continues your eyes widen, and you find yourself staring down at the ground so that you can concentrate better on what Dorian is saying. "The blight...I do remember Falke telling me about that." There wasn't any evidence to suggest that the blight would ever reach Stormbreak, but of course Finn's summaries and research had made them aware of it. You'd never found out what had happened with it, given how far from your jurisdiction it was. "Cian actually went to speak with someone?" That was more surprising than anything you'd heard so far.

"Frey, you say. Interesting. I've only had the pleasure of meeting them a few times. But this Nightingale must be quite extraordinary to endure them for long. Not many do, from what I've heard." You say with a laugh. Raising a brow at Dorian's utter lack of subtly, you smirk, considering.

"If only. But if the plan is to bring them all here, even with someone to bend his ear, I wonder if he wouldn't think it better to wait. I'd have an easier time stealing one of your rings I think than convincing Cian of anything."
and you think that love is only
for the lucky and the strong
_Dorian Pryor
The Orator

Age: 42 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 3 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
DORIAN
"Mmmm yes, I am quite certain that was your intent, of course." Dorian said, nodding along with her little tale as she tried to reason away her sudden turn in the conversation. "And senior though he might be, I do believe in this particular case I ought have the right to choose my attendant...and frankly my dear, between you and are, you are far more qualified for such an important exam than our dear Fixer." he said with a sly grin.

Again he nodded at her as she thought through all he said aloud. "Indeed, Cian did. Really it is good for him to get out every now and then, but..." he paused, if only for dramatic emphasis. "Frey, as you have noted is quite picky and bonds with mortals so rarely...I believe Cian felt the visit to her particularly noteworthy. Also, frankly, I was hoping he would take some time to relax." he said with a sigh, rolling his eyes. "You and him are two peas in a pod that way. I'd suggest you start a club but it would require you both to take time off work." he said with a chuckle.

Dorian shrugged at her concerns regarding Cian and his view on her leaving the capital, if even for just a short time. "It would depend far more on his interaction with her, I would think, than anything. And I am afraid I have yet to hear how that went." Though given his friend's...quiet nature and intense stare, Dorian wasn't terribly hopeful that it went very well.

A mischievous grin curved his lips as he glanced at her sidelong. "You know, the easiest way to snatch my ring would be to make a house-call..." he said, unable to help his smirk.
"Revenge" sounds so mean
That's why I prefer to call it:
"Returning the favor"
October Hart
Doctor

Age: 38 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: N/A - Strg: 14 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 0 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
October
when the night has been too lonely
and the road has been too long
"Well now that certainly isn't true. I haven't had sex in..." You pause, brows furrowing as you pout prettily. "You know, I can't even remember the last time." It's at least a year, if not more. "What can I say, I'm married to the job, and the job doesn't put out much."

You snort and roll your eyes at this. "Our dear Eye checks in often enough at the silk houses here that I'm sure his sexual health is not at risk." While it was true both you and Cian are workaholics, the difference was...well, at least you know what your job is. Cian? The work is his life. It was just..meaningless to ask him to stop working. It would mean to stop being alive.

Nudging Dorian in the ribs, you pretend to inhale deeply as if with great surprise and embarrassment. "Why Dorian, you're not seriously suggesting that I distract you with sex so that I can commit a crime, are you?"
and you think that love is only
for the lucky and the strong
_Dorian Pryor
The Orator

Age: 42 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 3 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
DORIAN
Dorian chuckled, a mischievous grin curving his lips. "If that is the case, I cannot imagine why Frey has not visited you more." he said jokingly. Frey's preclusions were well known after all - and if Tobi was so content as to put up with a job that didn't put out (or at least to not seek out a partner to make up for the lack of amusements) then perhaps the herald and the pretty doctor would never fully see eye to eye.

He smiled a little, though his gaze grew a bit distant. "Yes, I do suppose you are right." he said softly. Though it was not Cian's sexual health he was worried about - it was his mental and emotional health. Very few, if any, knew the Eye as intimately as Dorian did. He knew the man behind the ironclad will the rest of Stormbreak saw. Speaking of...he did have an appointment with the old grump, didn't he? The Orator pulled out his time piece, flipping the ornate, gold case open briefly before tucking it away in his jacket pocket once more.

"Oh, I am suggesting nothing; merely making an observation of the truth, my dear." he said with a chuckle as he stepped away, allowing his arm to slide up so he could hold her hand once more. "However, I am afraid I must depart your company, though it pains me so! I must attend to my taskmaster, lest I earn one of his infamous death glares." he said with a grin, before bowing and kissing the back of her hand. "Enjoy your stroll, Tobi."

And with that, he turned on his heel and walked away.

-FIN
"Revenge" sounds so mean
That's why I prefer to call it:
"Returning the favor"