No ending this in sight
October Hart
Doctor

Age: 38 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: N/A - Strg: 14 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 0 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
what's a queen without her king?
You chuckle at that, trying to take his reassurances to heart despite how your anxiety tells you to do otherwise. Pulling in a deep breath through your nose, you force yourself to hear the truth in Falke's words. "I appreciate it, thanks." You say genuinely, beaming across at your partner. "It's just...all this ... well, the Cianness of the Order. I'm not cut out for this cloak and dagger stuff, you know? I just want to do my job." You sigh a touch, knowing that Falke will more than understand that particular sentiment.

"I...think I make good decisions on the fly?" You might be grasping at straws now, and so you merely shrug your shoulders, not wanting to just babble into the silence. "It would mean someone would have to go without their compass for a while...I wonder if someone could go with me? Perhaps the Priest..or...the Blade?"

Okay, now you absolutely are grasping at straws.
historically speaking, more powerful
Falke Guildenstern
The "Fixer"

Age: 40 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 18 - Int:
OPHELIA - Regular - Brown Weeper Capuchin
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
I see we're both crazy
“I understand,” Falke responds with a knowing grin. “You aren’t the first Doctor to feel that way, and unless the Voice is stopped in our lifetime, you won’t be the last. Even in our unity against her, there are many differing opinions about how things should be done.” The Blade, the Priest, The Eye… they’re all strong personalities with even stronger opinions about how to further the Order’s cause. Personally, the Fixer is quite happy in his respected, but “lesser” position.

Quotations are key there.

“Alright, alright,” with a conceding gesture, Falke backs off the exercise. “Well done, I’ll add all those to my points.” His gaze falls to the book in his laugh and the purpose he’d originally entered with. “And I’d best transfer the Torchline notes tonight, while it’s still fresh.” Unfortunately, he couldn’t just hand the notebook over to Tobi. While there weren’t exactly confidential observations on the area and Finn in there, his shorthand, doodles and scribbles need to be cleaned up and edited censored before being added to their official files and research for the next generation.

“I saw the most amazing Cloud Manta, you wouldn’t believe the size of its jewel…” Putting his tea down, Falke stands to go and get some fresh paper and a lap desk, intent on telling her one last thing before settling in to his work.
that's alright with me
come with me and let yourself go
FALKE
October Hart
Doctor

Age: 38 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: N/A - Strg: 14 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 0 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
what's a queen without her king?
"Ugh! Tell me everything!" You lament dramatically, your head against the back of your chair as you allow yourself to wriggle with jealousy. Sighing away your discontent, you stand, now that your tea is done. You know that Falke keeps as strange of hours as you do, and you've worked together long enough that you don't mind leaving him to his work.

"Well now that I have something to dream about tonight, I'll leave you to it." You say, flashing him a mischievous but warm smile as you collect your things to call it a night. Or afternoon. Or whatever time of day it is.

~FIN
historically speaking, more powerful