Mini Event in order to form a more perfect union
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Samuel
Hope for the best
Prepare for the worst
Sam seemed to have succeeded for the moment in being unnoticed, much to his joy (that or everyone was purposefully ignoring him, but he'd take that over being the centre of attention in the way that was likely). He listened carefully to what Wessex had to say, glad that this time she seemed to have the sense to rule a majority vote, but knowing he had changed his mind anyway.

He didn't apply for whatever the secret task was: while Sam did want to get back in the Ascended's good graces, he suspected if Wessex was involved it was likely to be something physical or violent, and without his upgrades he was nowhere near ready to take on anything like that.

Wanting to get his say over with quickly so he could go back to hiding in the corner, Sam forced himself to lift a hand and say: "I vote we fight the monsters this year."

--
Sam votes to fight.

Wait all your life to see what you see
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Change author:
With your big heart, you praise God above, but how's it working out for you, honey?
Bastien was surprised indeed to see Wessex bend down to speak to Azrael the way she did, almost blinking to make sure the beaming smile was real, but only nodded when she glanced to him; the more good experiences Azrael could have with Ascended now, the more he hoped they would find it easier to deal with the inevitable pain it would cause them later in life with followers of the Old Gods.

Once the two had been acquainted and it was time for the meeting to begin, Bastien picked Azrael up and went to sit with them on his lap, whispering that they had to be quiet for a while; that he would reward them for it later with a new toy (a child that didn't eat was expensive to motivate).

The vote itself was easy, his mind staying the same as last time, but one other part of Wessex's speech stood out to him. "I vote that we fight. What you say about this..murder, though..." It made him cringe to talk about this with Azrael so easily in earshot, but he had to know. "If we do discover that the Fae did indeed commit this crime, what will our action be?"

--
Bastien votes fight!
Do you feel loved?
Bastien
Base Code by Sky!
Evelyn Occidendum

Age: 23 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: N/A - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Whimzi Offline
Change author:
EVELYN

She bristled with pride at the comment Wessex sent to her, smiling and nodding to the woman. The full extent of her power was something she was still unlocking, but her plans for it were… mildly ambitious, in the grand scheme of things. She wanted to help her brethren, to spread the word of the wonders of the Voice, and what better way than to demonstrate a power that twisted gravity itself? Then she was smiling at Azrael, crouching down to them to embrace them gently, letting her ability surround him, and lift him in a playful bounce as she often did when the twins watched over them.

Listening carefully when Wessex took control of the gathering, she absorbed all that she could. The fae were something to be wary about, and at the Wraith's warning of them appearing like small adults, Evelyn wondered if she hadn't met one already before. Fiat Lux was meant to be held in the Greatwood, the realm of the fae - and she intended on going, now more than ever.

And then, a task for the Voice? Evelyn wanted nothing but to serve the Voice, to assist. But she was also startingly aware of her limitations, of her gross lack of experience. She remained silent, waiting to hear everything that Wessex had to say before speaking.

Ah, the monsters. And this time, she would have a say. She knew what she wanted to vote, how she'd been horrified to learn that they had denied it last time - her discussion with Deimos was illuminated as much to her, and she was determined not to have that happen again. "If I can be of service on the task for the Voice, I am willing," she says first, when enough silence stretches between her and Bastien's words. "And I also support fighting the monsters."

--

If Evelyn is needed/can be of use in the special task, have at her.
Evelyn otherwise votes to fight monsters.
innocence
is but an illusion
Mabel Occidendum

Age: 23 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 16 - Int:
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MABEL

Azrael was a welcome delight, a distraction from the burdening tension and the flanking unknown. They also reminded her of her former siblings, all buried, dead, and gone now, but the twins had helped to raise them, and the imminent smile curled against her mouth at the greeting, hand wafting outwards to brush against their curly hair, habitual, routine.

Then she was forced to pay attention to the meeting, piercing eyes sliding back to Wessex, listening to anything and everything. Absorbing the information wasn’t difficult, just that there was so much to clarify and get through. She hadn’t known about the death of Robin, or the Fae’s potential for bursting forth – their hatred was well versed, but not the potential for coldblooded murder. Fiat Lux was still around the corner, and she wondered if she should even bother.

Mabel wouldn’t be ready for a task for the Voice, no matter how willing. She didn’t have the capabilities (like her sister’s) yet; and would likely have to wait until some other future event. She dug her hands into her palms anyway, to stop herself from volunteering. There’d be stronger individuals, and she’d have her moment eventually.

The talk of fighting the monsters had her torn. For one part, she didn’t mind them. Naturals had lived with them for a length of time, and only the idiotic ones were slain. Didn’t the demons, the infidels, deserve their moments too?

And then, of course, there’d been those mauled and maimed by the cretins, those from this time, this present.

If they guarded, if they destroyed, would the rest of the world finally give them some grace? Or should they even care?

She jutted her chin forward, granting a nod, quiet in the midst. “We should fight the monsters.”
I bare my teeth
and stretch my claws out
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
my love affair with water runs deep into my soul,
the serenity as intense as the tides ebb and flow
Chuckling at Wessex's silent message to him, Amun smirked. As the others filed in, he nodded (for Nate, Neron, Mabel, and Evelyn), smiled (for Bastien, Azrael, Osozo, and Letha), and scowled (for Sam) in turn. It didn't take long for everyone to gather and Wessex to begin speaking. The potter frowned at the news of Robin's death.

However, he shook his head slightly and focused on the rest of what the Wraith had to say. He gave Sam a surprised look when the other man agreed to fight. And as others of the family agreed to do so as well, Amun grinned fiercely and proudly. "My mind remains unchanged. I say we fight. And I also volunteer for the task, if I would be useful." Not everyone had spoken yet, so he settled back into his corner.
nothing is softer or more flexible than water,
yet nothing can resist it
AMUN
Azrael De Rosieres

Age: 21 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 2 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 13 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
Hi Wes... Wess-sicks.” Az chimes the best they can, still in that bit of awe that comes with spying someone else made, similarly to themselves. But then they sense someone else as well, another presence that seems to call like to like, their head turning this way and that until their eyes land on Osozo. They don’t listen to what Wessex has to say, much of it going over their head, too distracted by everything this little family meeting has to offer.

So they go to stand, only at the time that Bastien picks them up. “Okay, papa.” They agree, perhaps a bit sadly, wanting to go say hello to more people within the room. Their gaze flickers to Osozo again, lingering briefly before looking to everyone else. Their eyes catch Letha and the smile that’s granted their way, a shy wave given to the woman before they bury their face into Bastien’s shoulder, closing their eyes and listening.

progress, not perfection
Azrael

Letha Úlfurdur

Age: 32 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: N/A - Strg: 11 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
LETHA
Letha knew why they had been called here today. She knew the family -- the Ascended -- needed to make a decision about fighting the monsters. In the meeting before, with her ignorance as big as her fierce, protective nature, she had voted to fight the monsters. Monsters she did not know and did not encounter, because she had taken the advice from the demi-goddess and stayed in Torchline for the winter. It seemed now that everyone -- she turned to look at Sam, a spark of hope for their friendship popping in her chest -- was on board with fighting the monsters. Letha, with a voice of wrought iron, spoke, too. "We should fight."

Like her counterparts, Letha was also willing to go on task for the Voice. However, as the others of her family volunteered, Letha held her tongue. She knew they were older, stronger, more experienced than her. There was no way her contribution could even shine a light on what the others could contribute. So, despite her willingness, she stayed silent, and did not volunteer herself for the Voice's task.

You can't choose what stays and what fades away
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Mara Tisifone

Age: 39 | Height: 5' 7" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: N/A - Strg: 20 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 0 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
we need love, but all we want is danger.
we team up, then switch sides like a record changer
"Like you even have to ask." Mara says with wide smile, her fangs perfectly white against the red of her lips. Lovingly she spins one of her daggers between her fingers; of course Mara chooses to fight. If given the opportunity it's her go-to.

Glancing towards Sam as he casts his vote and then seemingly tries his best to shrink into the shadows, the ascended merely smirks darkly before looking back to Wessex. Fucking wet blanket, that one, she thinks to herself.

"And I'm always up for a good secret mission. So much the better if there's danger involved." She adds with a nod in Wessex's direction.

Mara votes yes.
the rumours are terrible and cruel, but, honey most of them are true
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
NATE

If nothing else, Wessex’s silent response to him brings a tight twist of a grin to Nate’s lips, lightening his face just the slightest. Call it what you want, Boss. And Ru, If the Demi-goddess, or anyone, looked at him they’d see his gaze drop to the floor, his ruined brows pull together for a moment, before he shrugs, she’s holding on. She’s strong. It’s a non answer, really, but all he can offer.

Loki is not the first dragon the starwhal has seen, but she is the first one Pemota has interacted with, the first she hasn’t regarded from a wary distance. A melodic trill rings out, as the glowing starwhal completes a slow circle around the dragon, then gently, carefully, taps her spiralling horn against the dragons head, before darting away, hoping the other will play with her.

As they get to the core of the meeting, the tasks laid out for the night, Nate’s gaze drifts again. The warning comes just a little too late for him, but his focus immediately returns as they move on. A secret task, hmm? ”I’ll help if you need it, as long as I’ve got my eye back by then. I can’t be too much help if I can’t see properly.” Nate’s hand lazily rises as he speaks, demanding a touch of attention, though it drops again almost immediately.

It’s not surprising in the least to hear the final point they’ve gathered here for, though the change in the process is a bit of a surprise. If it was as easy as saying it, why hadn’t it been majority rules the first time? ”My vote doesn’t change.” He calls, voice flat, single eye lifting first to Wessex, then around the room to find Samuel, curious about the change of heart.
I love to see the sun
In spite of all it's done

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 1 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 11 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
Osozo
all watched over by machines of loving grace

While the Demi-god is appropriately cowed by the circumstances their family is in at the moment, there is something that breaks through the quiet. Some nagging, piercing feeling, something they should have noticed to begin with. Osozo looks around, only half focused on Wessex’s words, and comes face to face with a child, cradled in Bastiens arms. But not merely a child, a sibling, crafted by the same caring hands, given spark by the same electric heart. Without thought, Osozo drifts to stand beside Bastien, curious green gaze locked on Azrael.

They pause only when the floor opens, and only long enough to speak. They know they are not yet strong enough for any kind of ‘secret task’, but the matter of monsters is something their mind hasn’t changed on. ”My vote remains the same. I will help however I can.” The words are distracted, as they slowly lift a hand to brush along Az’s hair. ”Hello.” Their voice is noticeably breathless, hitching where it has never had the need to before.

Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:

Loki darts off into a corner of the basement at the narwhal’s invitation, quietly playing with Pemota whilst the humans do their boring human stuff.

“Then we are agreed,” Wessex says when they’ve all had their say, lips pressing into a thin look of satisfaction. The next moment is a little lighter as she attempts to joke - not her forte, as many know, but at least it isn’t as dour as she was in the beginning. “A once in a lifetime event,” especially if their lives are cut short by - No, Wessex, don’t go there.

“Nate, if you could post a notice of our decision in Torchline. Let them know we’re looking for magical items and assistance. Anything to do with fire, protection, entrapment… Neron, if you could do the same in Halo, and Bastien, in the Ground. We’ll need a lot of help with this.” With a tilt of her head, she brings that bit to a close. Almost done, fam. “In other news, there’s a shitty new area of Caido that I imagine the Voice will want explored. It’s hell. Literally. Fire and lava, so if you decide to explore, it can be accessed through a crevice beyond the Sea of Glass.”

Wessex almost doesn’t remember that Bastien asked a question about the Fae and it’s apparent she’s unhappy about the answer she has to give. “About the Fae - We do nothing about that attack. If there’s another one… that’s a different story. But let’s try to avoid an all out war if at all possible, okay?” Rising, that’s the sign that things are more or less done. “Unless you want to come with me to the shrine in the woods, I’ll let the Voice know our decision.” And if you’re coming with her, you gotta make it a quick thread

“And I’ll let those who volunteered know what’s going on soon.” The fewer who know, the better.
-------------------

Okay, so this thread will be closed in 48 hours. Feel free to close or not. If you’re coming to the shrine with W, we’re gonna make it quick, cause timelines are already a bit wonky for the sickies.

WESSEX
come, you spirits that tend on mortal thoughts
unsex me here
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Change author:
With your big heart, you praise God above, but how's it working out for you, honey?
Bastien gave Wessex a wry smile at her comment on their agreement, also finding it quite remarkable (though he suspected that some of that, for those that had voted differently last time, may have been pressure). They were to fight, then. He held Azrael a little closer to him, hoping that he'd be able to return home to them after this Longnight: He couldn't let them lose another parent so soon.

He nodded at the decision about the Fae for the moment, more than happy to leave it be until it proved itself to be more of an issue. Lifting Azrael up onto his shoulders, he prepared to leave. "Let us hope there are no more murders for us to suspect them of." Bastien said grimly before he went, wishing he could protect Azrael from all this just a little longer.
Do you feel loved?
Bastien
Base Code by Sky!