Mini Event in order to form a more perfect union
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

And then they’re eleven.

“Are you saying I nailed ’threat to all of Caido’ perfectly? Damn. she quips back as Mara enters the room, eyeing her for a moment before Loki swoops in on her heels. Guess it’s going to be a regular fucking zoo in here. Then comes Amun, who seems in higher spirits. She’s not quite sure what he means, but brushes the concern away. Nah, always a good time for a family meeting. Gets the fluid flowing. Because things always go well and they always get along.

It’s been only a few days, if that, since she’s seen Nate. Liar. How’s Ru doing? she asks, Loki darting out to inspect Pemota with obvious fascination. She trills a curious hello to the other floating creature, eyes wide and snout very, very active.

And the twins, of course. An impressed look for Evelyn and her floating, with the Wraith whispering into her mind. Nice choice, Evelyn. But the one who truly garners her attention, in a surprising turn of events, is Azrael. Much like with Osozo, like calls to like, and as Bastien descends with the child in his arms, she is surprised to see how much they’ve grown. Somewhere in her head, it makes sense that the child is actually a demigod and of course they don’t grow the same. “Hello Azrael,” she says, moving from her initial position to crouch down in front of them (with a glance to Bastien, to make sure this is okay), beaming down in a very un-Wessex like way. “I’m Wessex.” she almost coos. “I’m very excited to meet you.”

How glad she is to have been wrong about them.

Pushing up and away, the Wraith looks at the group. “Thank you, again, for coming. I’m sure these are annoying as fuck sometimes. So let’s get on with it. You already know that Rexanna and Clem were murdered by Safrin during LongNight, but there was another Ascended who died as welll. Robin. The working hypothesis is that the Fae killed, dismembered him, and then sent body parts to the various areas of Caido, but there’s no hard evidence for that yet, so please, be careful.” Be careful during Fiat Lux. Be careful during your everyday life. Her gaze shifts to Nate, though she doesn’t out his injury. “They may appear like children or small adults needing help, so just be diligent.” Live their lives, but for Goddess’s sake don’t be heroes.

“Second, I need a couple of volunteers for a task for the Voice. Can’t say much about it now, other than it might be dangerous, but shouldn’t hurt any non-Ascended.” And it needs to remain secret, so that’s all she’s going to say about that until she gets volunteers.

“Third, and I know none of you are shocked about this - we need to decide what to do about the Monsters this year. I’ll remind you that we all need to be on board. I don’t know what that means for us in regards to the actual fighting, but I have to believe that the Voice wouldn’t make us put our newest siblings at risk. And I think we could get a lot of magical help from - well, everyone else.” She pauses. “But of course it’s up to you.” And this time - “Majority rules.”

Did she just change the rules on them without batting an eye? Yes. Yes, she did - because she’s tired and cranky and she’s earned the right to pull shit like that.

Stepping back, she lets everyone else have the floor.

WESSEX
come, you spirits that tend on mortal thoughts
unsex me here

Messages In This Thread
in order to form a more perfect union - by Wessex - 08-18-2020, 01:08 AM
RE: in order to form a more perfect union - by Wessex - 08-21-2020, 08:52 PM