And it feels like me on a good day [seasonal event]
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 30 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580

a m a l i a

Solitude, serenity. How easily it is interrupted, plans for quiet laid to waste by the crunch of footsteps in the quiet grass. The man makes little noise, so little that she does not notice at first, does not hear over the sound of her own singing. A snap; the girl looks up, her lips drawing closed, dark eyes wide and hopeful, though the eager expression shifts quickly to surprise as the source of the noise grows apparent. Not a luxere but a man, tan and tall with hair a shade of shocking silver Amalia has never seen. Bemused, the girl swallows her voice, the second verse of the melody dying in her throat as wary self-consciousness overtakes her mind. She does not sing for audiences, not often, not anymore.

"It's an old hymn," she offers instead of a bar, looking up from her seated position. "For Rae." The thick cloak is drawn closer around her narrow shoulders as she shifts into a more alert position, now on her knees and ready to rise should there be any provocation. She swats gently at her pants, shaking off the earth and snow, nervous and uncertain with this new development. In exchange for his smile she gives a nod, still wary of his intentions and not a little irked. “It’s old,” she adds unhelpfully, stubbornly unable or unwilling to sing on command.

Jigano. Now named, the stranger is slightly less strange, and the girl relaxes somewhat. "Amalia." Her attention shifts back to the woods around the oasis, eyes scanning the treeline before returning to him. "I am looking for luxere. They seem to enjoy the peace at dawn." A pointed remark, perhaps uncalled for, but she is not sure what else to say. She came here to lure luxere and find solitude, and she’s all out of solitude.

Still, she is not entirely unwelcoming, despite the unexpected surprise of him. Amalia gestures to the ground beside her in invitation: he is welcome to stay, if he will stay quietly, and not distract her quarry. "I saw some tracks, and earlier- ah!" Her voice cuts off in an excited whisper, enthusiasm lighting a flame in her heart. Distracted, the girl nearly bounces with a bright and sudden joy, all trepidation momentarily burned away in the ardent flame of success. "There, in the trees- do you see it?" A lone stag lingers in the brush near the oasis, luminous and lovely in the rising light.

Messages In This Thread
RE: And it feels like me on a good day [seasonal event] - by Amalia - 01-13-2019, 02:45 AM