if I only had the nerve
For Felix!
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 30 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
like thunder gonna shake the ground
Loren huffed, tail flicking in the air as he did. I see. I've heard similar tales before. Nostrils flaring he examined Felix or a moment. When did you Attune? The lion pulled in air through his mouth as well, drinking in the scents of the bear.

Still staring into the water, the Firebrand glanced over at the other man for a moment. That's alright. I was just curious. He returned his gaze to the river. I'm a healer, like your mom. I actually run a School of Healing in Halo. She should come visit some time.

Hacking out an acknowledgment, Loren swept into the water. A goldfish came wriggling up in his claws. Growling faintly deep in his chest, he settled in and bit down on the fish's spine, killing it instantly. How's that going? Read anything interesting recently? He lifted his head at the mention of Sam, though. Wait, Sam Wordsworth? Has he tried to recruit you to the Loreseekers yet? Settling down again, he began eating his kill.
LOREN
Felix Calob

Age: 23 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: N/A - Strg: 15 - Dext: 7 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 5167
// the sky ran out of stars, they're all livin' in the city
don't wanna be nameless for life. you wanna be famous? that's fine //
When I grew up. Comes Felix’s nonchalant reply. He doesn’t remember much of it — most of that memory is foggy and hazy, but he does recall that one second he was a child, placing his hand upon the shrine, the next he was a teenager, outgrown the clothes and standing there naked as the day he was born. A rebirth, of sorts.

The mention of a school in Halo, however, has Felix’s head turning — ears perking forward as he focuses entirely on the lion even if the lion isn’t looking back at the moment. Maybe. She’s been really enjoying working at Nate’s Clinic. A rise and fall of his bear shoulders, recalling how much happier Vai had become once she’d gotten that job, another connection with people that weren’t out here in the woods.

He continues to pick at his own fish, listening to Loren with a fair amount of his focus elsewhere. History of Torchline and the Grounds, mostly. And yeah, that’s who. I don’t know what the Loreseekers are though. He admits, finally tearing into eating his fish as well.
FELIX
the Firebrand

Age: 30 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Huffing out a breath of air, Loren gave Felix another one of those once overs. Got it. Do you know which of the old gods responded to you? The lion returned his attention to the fish, polishing off the remains in short order and tossing the carcass into the woods.

I'm glad to hear it. But if you could mention it to her and Nate, I'd greatly appreciate it. Also we don't care how people heal, we just want to pool our expertise. Settling onto the ground again, he yawned.

His eyes grew half-lidded as the other man explained. The Loreseekers are an organization devoted to gathering, preserving, and disseminating knowledge. At that the Firebrand lifted his head. Seem like something you'd be interested in?
LOREN
Felix Calob

Age: 23 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
I don’t remember. Felix mentions, by the time he’d been grown and realized what had happened, whomever had done it was gone. It doesn’t bother him, not unless more questions like this pop up, annoyed with himself for not knowing the answer to them. So the bear focuses on finishing his meal, tossing the fish carcass back into the water before meandering down the edge of the river a small amount.

I’ll let them know. He offers honestly, stepping into the river to wade again and let the water run through his long fur. Maybe one day. Right now though? Not really. I’m not… An adventuring type. He tilts his head back toward Loren with a bear smile. I just wanna know what I should know already if I didn’t grow up so quick. It would help immensely, without the complications of learning about other lands and adventuring.
FELIX
the Firebrand

Change author:
Regarding Felix, Loren finally growled low in his throat, though not in a threatening way. That's alright. I've heard many similar tales from those who've spoken to the old gods. Yawning again, he settled in to clean his paws from the remains of the fish. Have you spoken to any of the old gods since then?

Pausing, he glanced over at the bear. The lion huffed out another one of those feline laughs. Well, what have you discovered so far? And do you have any questions for me? Standing up he padded to the river. Lowering his head, he started lapping at the water.
LOREN
Felix Calob

Change author:
The growl does make Felix twitch a bit in his discomfort, but he tries to mask it the best he can as he reaches the river. Nope, I’ve kept to myself mostly… He sends back, ears wavering in his uncertainty, letting his thoughts pile on one another before banishing them and remaining within the river to let the cool water run through his long dark fur.

I’ve learned about the history of the Grounds and a bit of Torchline… The differences with the races… That sorta stuff. He turns in the water to look back at the lion as Loren laps at the water. There’s an anxious glimmer under his skin as he considers what to ask Loren, mulling it over before it blurts out across the attuned bond. Did you know my dad?
FELIX
the Firebrand

Change author:
Letting out a low rumble, Loren lapped at the river. That's alright. Gods are...tricky. In my experience, at least. Lifting his head, he licked the water from his lips.

Got it. Well if you ever want to know about Halo, feel free to ask whatever questions you want. When Felix did ask a question, though, the lion went almost entirely still. Only his tail moved, flicking the air.

Finally he stirred and padded a short distance away. His claws kneaded the muddy earth and he turned slightly, keeping the bear in his peripheral vision. We both came from Northaven, so I knew him. But it's more accurate to say that I knew of him. Pausing, he glanced over at the other man. What do you know of your father? The healer kept the bond tightly closed as he studied Felix carefully.
LOREN
Felix Calob

Change author:
The bear gives an easy nod to the lion with the subject of the gods, having remained away since the fateful day he’d grown before his mother’s eyes almost instantly. Perhaps he’ll give it a shot once he gets a few more life lessons under his belt. Still, he keeps his distance from Loren, just in case – recalling Nerissa and what she’d done to him in Torchline. He doesn’t plan to make the same mistake twice.

I will. Felix says easily on the subject of Halo, mulling it over and having nothing quite come to mind – at least, until he airs his question of his father, of Devrum. And what Felix knew of him? Not much. Something that still upset him a fair amount, even if he knows that it doesn’t matter much. There’s that part of him that will always yearn to learn.

He had a bear shift too, eyes like mine, a bit of a temper. He offers before sitting back on his haunches in the water, ears flicking forward. That’s really all I know.
FELIX
the Firebrand

Change author:
Loren kept his distance from Felix too. Indeed, the lion found himself dozing, settled onto the ground with his eyes half-lidded. Only his tail flicked, picking up as the bear spoke of Devrum.

When the other man finished, the healer didn't respond right away. Finally he shifted so he wasn't looking at Felix at all. That's all true.

Pausing, Loren pawed at the ground in front of him. It's not really my place to tell you more. You should ask your mother for the full story about your father. Hesitating for just a moment, he added, I'm sorry. I don't want to come between the two of you.
LOREN
Felix Calob

Change author:
If this interaction was doing anything, it was certainly making Felix a bit more anxious about who his father was – what kind of things might have been passed down. Would he get the swift temper, too? He’d already inherited all the rest of it. An uncomfortable feeling settles in his stomach, and he waves a paw around in the water, before he turns a bit more fully toward the lion-like beast.

I’ll ask… He says with a quiet sigh, ears wavering in his uncertainty. But then he inhales deeply, starts to make his way to the side of the river again. Speaking of which, I should probably get back to mom. He lifts a paw to wave to Loren in a wave, an uncomfortable sensation billowing in his stomach. It was nice meeting you, Loren.
FELIX
the Firebrand

Change author:
Staying where he was, Loren sent a pulse of acknowledgement and understanding through the bond. Yawning again, he shifted into a slightly more comfortable position. Resting his head upon his paws he yawned again. Nice to meet you too Felix. Pausing for just a moment, he added, I hope you find the answers you're looking for.

Turning to watch the bear depart, the lion didn't settle down again until the other man had faded from all of the healer's sense. Then he closed his eyes, intending to nap. Through their bond, he felt Astra approaching. As she tucked herself against him he made her a space for her at his side.
LOREN
Felix Calob

Change author:
Felix isn’t entirely sure what answers it is he’s looking for – the mere thought giving a fair amount of anxiety to the teenage bear. But he manages to act polite, to be nice, acknowledge the fact that there’s nothing more that he needs from this chance encounter from a creature that’s so lion-like it’s intriguing. But he knows he doesn’t like the sensation he feels, the predator within him sinking and cowering before the other one, a sense of running that’s grown too much to ignore.

So he makes it to the bank, offers his goodbyes to the lion, and makes his way to the winding woods that would always guide him home.

- FIN <3
FELIX