a girl and her dagger
Remi
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Age: 37 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 20 - Int:
HOA - Regular - Albino Granite Burmese Python
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 59
RAZA
So I got this cool Sea Panther horn, an’ it looks dangerous as fuck. Fancier ‘n a rich man’s rapier with its spirals and its story, but there’s no way for me to use it as it currently is. There are a couple’a places I could take it to t’get it mounted on some sort of hilt or handle, but there’s only one man who’s made me fancy things. So my tune for this visit is about a one-eighty since the last time we talked.

I even use the front freakin’ door, cause this is all pleasure. No business.
(Ha, good luck with that Raz).

I'm an energetic thing as I make my way up the coast to knock on the door to the Governor’s house, steppin' back t'give it space to open. The winds are stronger up here, I think as it tres to rip my mohawk from atop my head, but it seems to be a regular day thus far. No storm in sight. Tomorrow might be a different story, but for now? For now, all is quiet (albeit wet) in Torchline.
she's got a real quick trigger and some new demands
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259

Remi Abruzzo
& all we are is skin and bone trained to get along

There's the sound of arguing inside—who is going to get the door, whose fault it was that the wined spilled—before the door is tugged open. Standing with red wine down the front of his white shirt, the Alchemist flashes the Liason a dashing smile. "Why Raza, didn't expect to see you here." Whether that meant at his front door (versus using the tunnel which would have saved her getting wet), or simply here at all, isn't entirely clear.

"Come on it, we're just..." Looking over his shoulder where Ronin is waving awkwardly from the Greatroom, surrounded by what appears to be some sort of building project gone wrong, the Alchemist shrugs bashfully and smiles. "...well. We're going a bit stir crazy in here, as you can imagine."

Image by Lamreii!

Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Age: 37 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
RAZA
“I’m beginnin’ to think disheveled is yer natural state,” I say with an amused eye to his wine-stained shirt. That, an’ I guess I have a knack for showin’ up at odd times.

Steppin’ in at his invitation, I wave back to Ronin and chuckle. “You guys are like kids.” An’ I remember bouncin’ off the walls as a kid durin’ monsoon season. My folks were lucky in that I was an only child an’ they only had one to worry about (or not, as the case may be when Pa got piss-ass drunk). Then again there was nowhere to hide when he got in one’a his moods, so. “First monsoon season is always the hardest, it’s why we enjoy LongNigh so much, cause we know what’s comin’.”

Aw, look at me. Sage advice an’ everythin’.

“Anyway, I got this thing from the Sea Panther that attacked earlier an’ I was wonderin’ if you could make me somethin’ fancy with it? A fancy stabbin’ thing.” Can’t help but grimace at the next part, the pain on my face obvious at coveting somethin’ an Outlander has. “Like Sunjata’s. But better.”
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:

Remi Abruzzo

Glancing down, Remi can only grin boyishly and shrug. "What would have given you the impression that it wasn't?" They are like kids, if kids had access to powerful magics, alcohol, and far too much time on their hands. But such is their charm when they're alone together. Nodding at that—Remi's past LongNight having been anything but enjoyable—he can understand what she means. "I'll have to make more of it next year." He agrees with a grin, closing the door behind her.

Raising a brow at the offered item, the Alchemist ruffles a hand through his curls. "I...could certainly try." He says through an exhale. "But Sunjata's were made by Safrin. Good as I am, I'm not that good. Especially not with any sort of magic for this stuff anymore." Remi's fingers waggle slightly as if to underscore this point. "I think the most I'd be able to do for you is make it wieldable. But it in a hilt so that you've something to hold. But if you want it stronger than it is....I think only Deimos in the Hollowed Grounds is capable of such a thing anymore."

Image by Lamreii!

Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Change author:
RAZA
Without understandin’ how magic ebbs and flows from people, I’m a bit confused as to how he can’t be good at it anymore, repeatin’ it back at him. “Anymore? Does ‘at change… a lot?” Safrin, sure, one’a the Gods, alright (ha, jokes on you for that one, Raz). Tryin’ to hide my disappointment, I come to the conclusion that I’ll just never have a fancy weapon an’ that’s… well, not somethin’ to get mad about here.

Not when he’s doin’ me a favor.

“Okay. I trust yer work, if ye don’t mind doin’ it.” As for who could, other than a God, I’ll soon find out I’ve waited too long I crack a bit’a a smile. “The big guy,” I answer. “The one with all the magic." Like Remi, I'd thought, but I guess not. "Yeah, I seen him in action.” An' he's good with it, what the Governor says makes sense. Not sure if we more or less saved each other’s asses, but at least an introduction’s been made. An’ I can work with that.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

Remi Abruzzo

"For me, it has." The Alchemist replies with a dip of his head. "Ludo seems to like....keeping me on my toes." He adds with a soft shrug. He's more than come to terms with the changes in his magic, however disruptive to his life though it might be.

"No, of course I don't mind. It'll be nice to have something to do." Other than Ronin, of course.

"Have you ever met him?" Seen him in action could mean any number of things, given what Raza and Deimos both did for work and during their spare time. "I could always ask him if you like, or make an introduction." Remi shrugs his shoulders slightly, not entirely sure if Deimos took commissions, or honestly, where he stood with the Sword given all that had transpired with Amalia (their fight, their fight again, her coming to live with him..).

Image by Lamreii!

Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Change author:
RAZA
“Yeh, we managed this fucker together,” I say about Deimos, then pause an’ tack a look on the end’a that. “T’be honest, ‘e probably saved our asses. Got Sunjata ‘lectrocuted though.” It ain’t nice, but I gotta chuckle about it, because there was something just so damn funny and eyeroll-inducin’ about the whole sequence of mistakes there that’s there’s nothing to do but laugh. Figure Deimos will probably at least talk to me about the weapon, even if he can’t make me somethin’.

I hand the piece’a horn over to Remi, base first. I’m not sure if he’s going to do it now or later, an’ I’m not in a rush at all, but I do find the magic workin’ cool. “Can I watch?” I ask with a nod towards the horn, lest he think somethin'... else.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

Remi Abruzzo

"Oh, I heard about that. Something about a lightning rod?" Honestly, it didn't sound like the sort of oversight that the Sword would make, but Sunjata had had the burns to prove it. Ahuh well. Everyone was entitled to a few mistakes now and then.

"Oh, into that, are you?" The Alchemist chuckles, unable to help the wordplay given that she's just handed him a thick horn, base-first. However if she's looking to see magic at work for this, Remi will leave her disappointed yet again. "In this way." He says, nodding over his shoulder. As they pass the living room the Alchemist holds up the horn in Ronin's direction. "Gonna do a thing." He calls to his partner, who just shrugs and continues teasing Sugar.

Into the workshop, they go, with Remi setting down the horn on a bench and taking a seat before it. He reaches for some leather and a pair of gloves so that he doesn't slice his fingers open as he begins to work. "I've not seen a sea panther yet." He says, pale eyes focused on the task at hand. "They don't normally come inland, do they?"

Image by Lamreii!

Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Change author:
RAZA
“Yep. A lightning rod.” I chuckle too, at the next bit. No, what I said an' what I did ain't lost on me. “Look, the wet season was dry for me. At this point I would even consider you lads.” But it’s said with the kind of tone that implies that it’s way below my standards. I’ve seen ‘em shitfaced an’ fucked up. Fightin’ an’ cryin’. Might make for a great lay, but there’s somethin’ between them that no third party can touch, an while I don’t doubt they’d be attentive… not havin’ that might make me sad.

An’ I don’t like sad in my sex. Ugh. What a waste of an orgasm.

Anyway, we both know it ain't on the table an' I'm not really askin'. So I follow Remi to the workshop an’ perh on the back’a a chair, feet on the seat, perfectly balanced. “It ain’t usual. But much like Apopo…” trailin’ off, I sight. “Things ain’t normal these days. It’s cool to see from afar. Just make sure it stays afar.” They’re a bit like ghost whales. Cool to imagine until one’a ‘em’s knockin’ at yer ship’s hull.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

Remi Abruzzo

Chuckling, the alchemist just offers Raza a wry smile as he shakes his head. "Helpful as I like to be, you'd have much more luck with Ronin." Remi says with an easy shrug, not at all offended that he wouldn't be Raza's first (or even 98th choice). "World I came from, I...couldn't be with who I wanted. So I was with lots of people I didn't want." Women, if she caught his drift. He was skilled enough with his tongue and clever enough to probably do alright by Raza, but if she was looking, Ronin was absolutely the better candidate. "I might be biased, but he's pretty good." The alchemist adds, of his husband. "Especially in no-strings situations."

As he gets to work, Remi's conversational skills promptly decline. The most Raza will hear from him is muttering and perhaps a few melodic hmmmms as he considers the best way to go about things. Though his creation won't rival what Deimos has, the panther horn is now perfectly balanced with a thick thong of leather around the base he's meticulously formed to the shape of Raza's hand that she might wield it as if it were an extension of herself.

"Well, glad I could help you out with something." He chuckles once his mind is free to think again, handing over the blade.

~FIN

Remi has made:

Sea Panther Dagger | A pale, twisting horn, sharp as a razor. The hilt is thick leather, crafted to fit Raza's hand exactly.

Image by Lamreii!