Fiddle Me This
Hester Mac Girr An Adhastair
Bard

Age: 27 | Height: 5’4” | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 1 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 11 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Hester
I've told you time and time again
"It's nothing fancy, but it's a little more private than in the bar." Hester laughed over her shoulder, leading the other woman into the room and setting down her case again. It really wasn't much, a backroom with some kegs stored in it, as well as a couple of stools and Hester's coat, stored here while she was inside.

Instead of answering right away, the attuned opened her instrument case and pulled it out, holding it with a kind of reverence. "I don't think this is going to be like you learning magic." Hester tries to keep her voice even, though the practice Bea describes is... unconventional, at best. It's not her business, not her place to comment on that though, especially not right now. If only she knew the things left unsaid, perhaps it would loosen her tongue a little more, turn her lips into a deeper frown. "Anyone can learn an instrument, but it takes dedication. You probably won't be very good, when we start playing." Something in the way she says it implies they won't be starting with music, won't be diving into notes and techniques.

No, Hester is very firmly of the mind that if you are going to use a tool, you are going to understand and respect that tool. It's how her father taught her, how he learned before her. The fiddle in her hand is turned, held out. "Take out your instrument, please." Assuming Beatrix does as she asks, as per their deal, Hester begins to go through the various anatomy of the fiddle, adding a brief word about what purpose the various pieces did, what their importance was to the whole.

At the end of it, Hester smiles brightly, head tipping to the side when she does. "Everything making sense so far?"
You sing the words, but don't know what it means

Messages In This Thread
Fiddle Me This - by Beatrix - 08-27-2020, 11:44 PM
RE: Fiddle Me This - by Hester - 09-08-2020, 07:06 PM
RE: Fiddle Me This - by Beatrix - 09-09-2020, 01:17 AM
RE: Fiddle Me This - by Hester - 09-12-2020, 05:18 AM
RE: Fiddle Me This - by Beatrix - 10-04-2020, 05:49 PM
RE: Fiddle Me This - by Hester - 10-13-2020, 12:03 AM
RE: Fiddle Me This - by Beatrix - 10-13-2020, 03:16 PM
RE: Fiddle Me This - by Hester - 10-18-2020, 08:00 PM
RE: Fiddle Me This - by Beatrix - 10-24-2020, 03:00 PM