Fiddle Me This
Hester Mac Girr An Adhastair
Bard

Age: 27 | Height: 5’4” | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 1 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 11 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Hester
I've told you time and time again
All Hester does when Beatrix says she doesn't know what fathers say when their children cry is blink, her smile faltering for a moment, before it comes back rejuvinated. This is beyond anything she's really had to deal with before, and the attuned feels a touch lost, out of step. "He said that I need to find reasons to play for myself, instead of trying to make other people happy." It feels a bit cheap to say now, and Hester hates that, hates that her words feel so hollow.

There is just as much of an swkward shuffle in Hester as Beatrix's next statement comes out, the bard not really sure what to say, how to respond. Would the Launceleyn girl accept comfort? Did she even feel qualified to offer comfort?

It's easier to focus on the instrument, on something that the attuned knows inside and out, something she doesn't have to agonize over.

Perhaps its the same kind of unhealthy coping, the ability to step away from uncomfortable situations, only borne from a different source. "Each strong has a different set of sounds it can produce, based on where you apply pressure, but the skill comes from weaving these notes together into chords, and the chords into songs." Hester's bow rises to play an example, a fast fluttering line of music, before her fingers slow and she holds a single note in place. "Try this one. Just with your fingers, don't worry about the bow yet."
You sing the words, but don't know what it means

Messages In This Thread
Fiddle Me This - by Beatrix - 08-27-2020, 11:44 PM
RE: Fiddle Me This - by Hester - 09-08-2020, 07:06 PM
RE: Fiddle Me This - by Beatrix - 09-09-2020, 01:17 AM
RE: Fiddle Me This - by Hester - 09-12-2020, 05:18 AM
RE: Fiddle Me This - by Beatrix - 10-04-2020, 05:49 PM
RE: Fiddle Me This - by Hester - 10-13-2020, 12:03 AM
RE: Fiddle Me This - by Beatrix - 10-13-2020, 03:16 PM
RE: Fiddle Me This - by Hester - 10-18-2020, 08:00 PM
RE: Fiddle Me This - by Beatrix - 10-24-2020, 03:00 PM