it sounds an echo in my soul
Brecken Michaelis
The Lance

Age: 33 | Height: 6' | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: kae Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
THE LION ISN'T SACRED WHEN NOT SLEEPING NEAR THE LAMB
Few places in Stormbreak one might find himself truly alone. Sometimes the paths above the sea were one — sometimes, as today, they were not. If this disappointed Brecken, he never showed it. Only paused on his way down as first the glimmer of dragon scales caught his eye, and then the soft voice of the Blade. It was no doubt rhetorical, her question, but Brecken never was very good at keeping his mouth shut even when he needed to. "Bigger than yours, I expect," he called out, half a grin tearing at the right side of his mouth. Left unsaid: how terrifying that prospect. He kept a cautious eye on Amaris' creature as he paused, wondering if she appreciated the company or if he ought to pretend he had elsewhere to be. Brecken had never been fond of dragons. Not of the teeth and claws, sure, or the fire, but mostly — they got inside your head. And Brecken didn't need anything else inside his head. The thought actively disgusted him, terrified him, and he felt a cold chill if he dwelled on it too long. He had avoided the dragoons for a reason, though he certainly would have excelled there. Amaris clearly had, though she was always so small and soft to look at, like a little lick of flame, herself.

He was not sure how he ought to speak to her. They cam from the same place, of course, but from different directions it seemed to him. Then again, most people seemed that way. Belatedly, Brecken remembered he could use words to ask questions. "Not many people to stab out here," he commented, a raised eyebrow, an easy movement as he sank to a crouch, not quite committing to sit, not quite brave enough to trust the air the way she did, but an offer of companionship nonetheless. Brecken had never been very good at asking things straight. Easier to be told to fuck off that way.

// never sure if this table is too hard to read — plz lmk
IT IS EVIL WHEN IT EATS UNLESS IT'S FEEDING FROM THE DAMNED.

Messages In This Thread
it sounds an echo in my soul - by Amaris - 09-07-2020, 12:47 PM
RE: it sounds an echo in my soul - by Brecken - 09-07-2020, 05:16 PM
RE: it sounds an echo in my soul - by Amaris - 09-08-2020, 10:31 AM
RE: it sounds an echo in my soul - by Brecken - 09-09-2020, 03:20 AM
RE: it sounds an echo in my soul - by Amaris - 09-09-2020, 06:22 AM
RE: it sounds an echo in my soul - by Brecken - 09-16-2020, 07:29 PM
RE: it sounds an echo in my soul - by Amaris - 09-20-2020, 07:38 AM
RE: it sounds an echo in my soul - by Brecken - 09-21-2020, 04:34 PM
RE: it sounds an echo in my soul - by Amaris - 09-25-2020, 03:00 AM
RE: it sounds an echo in my soul - by Brecken - 09-27-2020, 09:46 PM
RE: it sounds an echo in my soul - by Amaris - 09-29-2020, 05:31 AM