do every stupid thing that makes you feel alive
Zephyr Kawaianu
Smuggler / Guildmaster

Age: 42 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 10 - Int:
KI - Regular - Panther Chamelon
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
you'll breathe easier just knowing that the worst is all behind you
& the waves that tossed the raft all night have set you on dry land
For a minute you're terrified that she's going to say no. But not just no. I don't want anything serious, Zeph, or I have a husband already, Zeph, or why didn't you just ask like a normal person, Zeph, or something else totally reasonable that you would absolutely accept but still be gutted by. It's been a while since you put yourself out there.

But she's blushing well enough to mirror your own flushed, bronze cheeks, and her smile is enough to release all the tension in your chest. Then she says yes, and oh hell yes does it feel like a triumph. You reach for her as she reaches for you, grinning, trying not to giggle against her lips. Your hand lands on the back of her neck in a firm, adoring, gentle caress; the heat from your mouth is searing and adoring.

You pull away enough to lay your nose against her, foreheads together, eyes closed. "Y'know, I was very content t'live out my life as a lonely ol' man," you murmur sweetly, running your thumb over the back of her neck. "Very rude'a you, madam, makin' me feel things again."
zeph
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Age: 44 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 16 - Int:
COCO - Regular - Cloud Wyrm
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
and I tried to remember how nice it had been
With one hand still wrapped in the front of his shirt and the other cupping his cheek, Vai is anything but nervous or worried now. They kiss and it dawns on her properly, what he’s asked and what she’s agreed to, and if anything it makes it all the sweeter. Eyes closed as well, she lets out a breathless laugh and releases his shirt to splay her hand across his chest. ”Hey, now. Rude of me?” she objects, not sounding even remotely outraged.

”I was resigned to just being of use to other people, after everything that’s happened,” she admits. ”Mighty rude of you to make me feel like I mattered. Like I deserved something for myself.” Sighing, she draws back to flash him a lopsided smile. ”How dare you,” she says, trying and failing to look annoyed about it.
a long long time ago
Vervain
Zephyr Kawaianu
Smuggler / Guildmaster

Age: 42 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
If only you could see your stupid grin and rosy cheeks and the way your eyes sparkle as you look at her you'd be properly disgusted. But you're oblivious to your own foolish nature, caught up entirely in the radiance of her smile, the sensation of her hand on your cheek. You turn in toward the caress, kissing her fingers while arching your brow, a hum of laughter rumbling in your chest. "You d'serve th'world," you murmur against her skin. "A proper Prince Charmin' t'sweep ya of yer feet."

A wicked grin overtakes your mouth. Dropping your hand from the back of her neck you instead grasp for her waist, trying to pull her into your lap, closer to yourself. Pressing your nose into her hair you nuzzle her neck, bringing your mouth to rest beside her ear. "Too bad that ain't gonna happen. Prince Charmin' can find his own girl. I'm not lettin' go'a mine anytime soon."
zeph
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Age: 44 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
Zeph’s words cause warmth to bloom in her chest, Vai’s laughter cutting off as she’s pulled into his lap. Her arms encircle his shoulders, lips pressing to his temple, and she closes her eyes again to enjoy the rumble of his voice next to her ear. ”Prince Charming is a bit of a drip, if you ask me,” she whispers back, her fingers playing through the back of his hair. ”I much prefer what I’ve got.”

Leaning back, Vai offers him a mischievous sort of smile. ”So shall we make it official?” she asks, nodding at the black pearl on its golden chain. The witch sweeps her black locks away from her neck, turning for Zeph to be able to fasten it. He should get the honours after all - she’s his catch.
a long long time ago
Vervain
Zephyr Kawaianu
Smuggler / Guildmaster

Change author:
You easily adjust to her weight in your lap, wrapping your arms around her waist and resting your chin upon her shoulder. It's a weird thing, starting a relationship. There's no real guidelines for how you do it, what you're supposed to say and when you're supposed to make shit official, but damn if it doesn't feel right when it's right.

You chuckle against her back again and take the offered pearl on a chain, bringing the ends around to clasp it on her pale neck. "There," you murmur, placing another kiss upon her. "Now it's official." Leaning back upon your palms, you raise a brow to her. "So now that we're datin', mind tellin' me just how many strays I gotta start bein' nice to? You've already forced me t'ease of on th'Biter. Jack ain't gonna be too pleased 'bout that." Bout any of this, probably, jealous twat that he is, but you'll cross that drawbridge when he makes it back to port.
zeph
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Change author:
She smiles at the cool feeling of the chain fastening around her neck, meeting Zeph in a kiss and sighing contently against his lips. He leans back on his hands and she lets her hands run down his chest, settling comfortably in his lap and enjoying the sweet simplicity of the festival that plays around them. The mention of her strays, though, has her grinning down at him.

”And who the bloody hell is Jack?” she wants to know, tilting her head curiously. ”Let’s see... as well as Sunjata, there’s Remi, Ronin, Sam, I’m pretty sure Nate will be a stray one of these days too...” She shrugs her shoulders, the witch scrunching her nose playfully. ”I have a lot of sons, as well as my own, it appears. But it looks like I’m not the only one who comes with extras.”
a long long time ago
Vervain
Zephyr Kawaianu
Smuggler / Guildmaster

Change author:
"A pain in my ass," you rumble automatically, the tired smile of an older brother resting in your eyes. "Off t'sea for now, but he'll be back soon an' you'll hear 'bout it, mark my words." If anyone was going to wind up in the medical clinic it's Jack, or a member of his crew. One thing you can say for the captain is that he's certainly not dull.

Oh, gods, what a fucking list. Your eyebrows raise at each of the names, though when she gets to Sam you choke. A half-laugh-half-cough forces its way from your throat, your eyes rolling closed in yet another wash of exasperated fondness. "Oh, fuck, I gotta tell 'im," you mutter to the air, before turning a wincing, chagrined look down to the woman in your lap. "Red- Sam- he's got a bit'a a, a harmless crush on me. I've told 'im it ain't happenin', but he might not take this well." You gesture to the space between you to indicate this.
zeph
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Change author:
”Oh, a sailor,” Vai says, as if it should have been obvious, and she gently bumps her knuckles against the scruff of his jaw, a playful grin spreading across her face. ”Pray tell, what’s the name of his ship? That way I can make sure not to come across it.” She’s only half joking, knowing that sailors can be a rough lot at the best of times. Then again, she has fallen quite literally into Zeph’s lap, and she’s probably rougher than a lot of ‘em, so... whatever.

Then he mentions Sam, and she’s giggling all over again, leaning in to press her lips against his in a soft kiss. ”He already knows,” she whispers. ”He came to see me, a little while before the festival. You’ll probably need to tell him yourself, though, it’s true.” She winks.
a long long time ago
Vervain
Zephyr Kawaianu
Smuggler / Guildmaster

Change author:
You're not the most thrilled by this turn of events (seriously- how did you wind up talking about fucking Jack?) and consider not answering, but in the end content yourself with grumbling a bit. "Called th'Ark. She's a beaut, out at sea now. I keep 'em in line when they're back in port." Or try, anyway.

Your hands are slipping under her shirt almost without thought, seeking out her skin, which who can blame you, given the woman in your lap? And it seems your attention is going to pay off, because her mouth rises up to press against yours in a too-soft, too-short kiss. You murmur your unhappiness as she pulls away, then groan it when she reveals that Sam a) already knows, and b) already talked to her about it.

"Aw, fuck." You let your arms splay, flopping to your back with a solid, muffled ooph. "Well guess that makes it easier. How'd he take it?" Poor kid.
zeph
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Change author:
”The Ark?” She repeats, raising her eyebrows up at him. ”Wouldn’t you know, I’ve seen it. A friend of mine is aboard right now. I guess you’ve plenty to look forward to when she gets back into port.” Vai is grinning, but she lets the subject drop again soon enough. She’s also not keen to spend too long talking about Zeph’s favourite ruffian, not when his hands are busy wandering up her shirt.

He gives her the exact response she’s hoping for when she lets slip about Sam, Vai clambering up to sprawl over him just as Zeph flops back to the ground. ”He was actually very good about it,” she says, leaning in for another kiss. ”I’ll tell you more about it later. For how, I’m a little busy.” With her breasts pressed against his chest and her fingers fussing through his hair, it’s not difficult to imagine with what.

~FIN
a long long time ago
Vervain