everything is the same, except for all the ways it isn't
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 30 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
even when i was a child
i’ve always known there was something to be frightened of
He squeezes the hand on his shoulder, a painful sort of sad acceptance that means far more than words. Amalia exhales a a breath she hadn't meant to hold, returning the gesture with her own tight clench. "I know you did," she tells him softly, her voice low and kind. "She knew it, too. And she loved you as well." There are too few opportunities to say it; she knows what it feels like, to have those chances snatched away.

She offers Chulane one last squeeze before drawing away to settle on another chair. Her palms settle upon her thighs, running anxiously over thick pants; her mouth feels oddly dry. At least now she can meet his eyes, and does, letting her dark gaze find his icy one, a small, sad smile that doesn't reach them curving her lips below. "She told me a little of how you met, but not the whole story," the Shield prods gently, "Or how you came to be so close."

Messages In This Thread
RE: everything is the same, except for all the ways it isn't - by Amalia - 09-12-2020, 04:26 AM