everything is the same, except for all the ways it isn't
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 30 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
even when i was a child
i’ve always known there was something to be frightened of
She listens to his tale in a quiet, rapt attention, knowing that the retelling is more for him than her. At intervals she'll smile or chuckle, nod or hum for him to carry on. The tale of romance is a sweet and delicate thing, and as bittersweet as thoughts of the Harpy will always be Amalia is glad for the chance to look in and see this moment, the beautiful thing she shared with this man.

It isn't until his voice breaks that she leans in, placing a tentative hand onto his knee. "She had lost so much. Having you... it meant the world to her. I know it did." Brave, strong, bold Kiada, daughter of fire and steel. "You gave her so much, Chulane- and even now, by taking Auni. Most companions never have a second chance."

Again Amalia leans back, her hands returning to her lap. She glances to the small window, out onto the snow, remembering moments from the years before when she'd ventured in companionship out across the frozen sea. "You know... it's tradition, in Longheat, to make offerings to Safrin. Last year... Kiada, Deimos and I wrote a song." She smiles wistfully, nostalgia softening her gaze. "Maybe... if you like, we can come up with something together. To honor both of them."

Messages In This Thread
RE: everything is the same, except for all the ways it isn't - by Amalia - 09-16-2020, 04:47 PM