everything is the same, except for all the ways it isn't
Ningo Farmer

Age: 31 | Height: 185cm | 6'1" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 14 - Int:
AUNI - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Whimzi Offline
Change author:
MP: 35
i'm still not sure what i stand for
Amusement bloomed within him as he thought of Deimos, as he learned more about the man he admired. He had seen snippets of such things before, but the idea of the General bringing himself to sing - well, to Chuy, it demonstrated the love the Sword clearly felt for Amalia and Kiada.

He hadn't meant to interrogate her. To push her to this apparent breaking point, but… He'd had to know. Had to ask. Had to accept what was happening, even if his own mind wanted to spiral and lose control and be overwhelmed with all the worries and panicked thoughts that had been pounding at his head since the General's disappearance.

It was like he entered another mode, where he was able to control his own anxieties, ignore them for a time, so that he could try and help her through hers. In a smooth motion that he barely remembered executing, his chair was beside hers. "Hey," he began, his tone apologetic, "I'm gonna hug you, okay? But if you don't want me to you just say the word and I'll back off." And, assuming she consented, he reached out to embrace her, to hold her close against his chest, his long arms about her shoulders - or if she indicated that in any way she didn't want him so near, he would keep his distance.

"You couldn't have known, Amalia." He attempted to reassure. "I don't know much, but I believe in being true to yourself and those close to you. And while it might hurt… it's always the right time to be honest with yourself." He didn't know her well, but he'd been through his share of breakups, for various reasons, and observed much and more at every interaction.

"For whatever it's worth… I have faith he's okay, that we'll find him again." He couldn't believe that the Sword was gone gone, couldn't accept it - it was classic denial, but he was determined to hold onto it, until he was proven right, or wrong.
why don't we break the rules already?
CHULANE

Messages In This Thread
RE: everything is the same, except for all the ways it isn't - by Chulane - 09-19-2020, 06:48 AM