Happily, I'm unfazed here, too
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Heroes always get remembered
But you know legends never die
"Very, very small doses for me." Really though, he did agree. As much as Bastien loved his bohemian life and world, he had to admit having a flair for the dramatic that admired the plunging curtains and golden stair rails of the noble class. There was a certain atmosphere created by wealth that he could not pretend to always hate, at least on an aesthetic level.

It was nice to see the palace anew through Rexanna's eyes. Easily he wrapped his fingers around hers and leaned in closer, laughing softly at her appraisal and kissing the top of her head. "It is. And yet, I would take our attic and you any morning over fifteen of them." And that was the crux of it, he supposed; no amount of gilding and architecture could replace art, soul and love. That was why he could never abandon his ways for the allure of finery.

"Though, before you make such a decision, perhaps you should see the inside. Some say it is the finest sight in all of Venice...personally, I find it a little gaudy." He explained as he guided her forwards, beneath the columns and up the stairs, to the hall that was open to the public. "And if I, I, find something too gaudy, it must truly be offensive to the senses."

Eventually they would come into a ostentatiously gold and detailed room, the ceiling divided into sections each depicting a scene from biblical times or myth, the borders filigreed and curved into intricate patterns. While Bastien did, indeed, find this all a bit tacky (the money that had gone into that gold...how many mouths it could have fed), he still could not resist gawking up at the ceiling like every other visitor, appreciating the paintings and their casings. "...It is...a true reflection of mankind. A magnificent achievement, but a dark show of our priorities towards our fellow man."

---
Inside of Palace: 1, 2
mortal kings are ruling castles
Welcome to my world of fun
BASTIEN

Messages In This Thread
Happily, I'm unfazed here, too - by Bastien - 09-15-2020, 09:42 PM
RE: Happily, I'm unfazed here, too - by Rexanna - 09-16-2020, 05:08 AM
RE: Happily, I'm unfazed here, too - by Bastien - 09-18-2020, 07:26 PM
RE: Happily, I'm unfazed here, too - by Rexanna - 09-19-2020, 07:40 AM
RE: Happily, I'm unfazed here, too - by Bastien - 09-20-2020, 10:43 PM
RE: Happily, I'm unfazed here, too - by Rexanna - 09-22-2020, 05:27 AM