hold me like we're dying from the liquor that we drank
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
NATE
They might not be particularly close, might not be pressed together in their usual impossible to differentiate pile, but it feels like they are. Feels like there's a warm blanket wrapped over them, made of love, of adoration, of fever-induced openness. Nate likes this. Wants more of it, though he's not complaining about the physical closeness, his hands coming up to run along the back of Sunjata's neck, to keep him from drawing away fully. "I do get to look and touch now." He croons, like a song, only without the rhythm behind it.

The more he sits in his embarassment, the easier it is to manage. The more Nate starts to realise it's not really necessary. What's he even embarassed of anyway? Loving his fiance? Even with the change of heart, the little distraction is nice, too tantalising to not leap on. "You weren't tall in Korofi?" What a strange thought. And a mildly infuriating one. He's always been tall, even the idea of a world where he's not is a little damaging to his pride.

Nate's question drops into the warm fuzzy mood like a stone. The seriousness is slow to touch him, but once it doesn, once Sunjata's gaze starts to roam his face, Nate thinks perhaps he should have picked a different question. Despite the fact that he doesn't breathe, he finds himself holding his breath, waiting for his fiance's answer. And it's not quite what he expected, though that doesn't mean he's surprised. "I think I got used to the idea of living forever too easily." He admits softly, his fingers dropping to trace along the edge of the attuned's jaw. Being on opposite sides of the question like this, it's a little ironic, and a lot tragic. "I... never thought I'd grow old with anyone."

Swallowing, like he regrets the words, or like he's trying to stop the next ones, Nate's mouth opens, and he hesitates. He'd just gotten over this, but now they've gone and made it serious again, made it mean something again. "You're the... the first person I've ever wanted to do that with. If we were... back home-" And he winces with the word, meaning where he'd come from, not where he was now, "-I'd run away with you. From everything, from everyone." Does Sunjata know how much that means? Does he himself even know how much it means?

This is more in love than he's ever been, and Nate trips all over it, not knowing how to deal.

"My normal accent?" Even though it's a question, Nate's already dropped into his accent, his voice warm, maybe a touch exaggerated. Leaning up into the crush, he hums and listens to Sunjata continue. He didn't remember letting his voice slip, but there was so much that was fuzzy now. It seems to take a moment for the words to reach him properly, but when they do, Nate bursts in laughter, almost biting his tongue when he tries to speak through his mirth. "There's not a lot of people who'd agree with you on that. Annoying maybe. But..." He shakes his head, not sure how to continue.

Sunjata let's the game stutter, the pause filled with Nate shifting, moving the both of them, so their positions are reversed, so he can shower down a rain of kisses over his lovers face instead. Once he's satisfied, or at least sated for the moment, Nate hums, dropping his head to rest on Sunjata's chest, over his heart. "Do you want to keep playing, darling?" The words come out in his nasally accent, the dare sticking for as long as he remembers it.
the last ones here on earth

Messages In This Thread
RE: hold me like we're dying from the liquor that we drank - by Nate - 09-18-2020, 01:18 AM