hold me like we're dying from the liquor that we drank
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
NATE
Nate is prient, but only so much, and he’s coming to his limit as Sunjata thinks. He’s worried, though he doesn’t know why. It feels like the things they say, the things given voice are more likely to happen, to affect them, and whatever takes so much time to voice can’t be good, can it? Just as he’s about to reach his breaking point, they shift, rolling again and distracting him with a silly closeness, at least for a moment. Apparently the last moment needed to Sunjata to figure out his answer.

Hearing that he’d changed Sunjata’s life does something a little strange to Nate’s chest, starts his eyes prickling again, tears coming easier to him now than they ever had before in his life. ”I love you so much Sunny.” He says it just to try and get some of the feeling out. His head leans into the hand that runs along his jaw, his smile stretching his cheeks, almost forcing his eyes closed with the force of it. ”Just like I did this time.” He repeats, fingers tracing the edge of Sunjata’s face, along his temple. ”I would have tried for you.” They’re easy words to say, even if he’s not sure how true they are. He likes to think he would, but he person he used to be, the one who felt, who drank and refused to take anything seriously, to take responsibility for things, he wasn’t necessarily the type to try.

On the other hand though, the one that wasn’t black with self depreciation, Sunjata had done something to him the very first second he’d walked into the medical college. There had been something there, even if he hadn’t known what at the time.

Again, a question comes that really stumps him, that Nate needs to think about, long and hard. ”I don’t really... like hurting people.” Guilt does twist the words, just a little bit, but at the same time, it’s not a yes. Not even really an answer. ”I have you because of it though.” That alone made it worth it, no matter how he felt about it. Now that he had him, now that the attuned was in his arms, Nate would choose him, again and again.  

With his old question gone, vanished into the depths of his mind, Nate had to think to find another, settling on something surprisingly practical, not that he’s even necessarily aware of it. ”When we build the, um, our home, where... where do you want to put it?”
the last ones here on earth

Messages In This Thread
RE: hold me like we're dying from the liquor that we drank - by Nate - 09-21-2020, 05:43 AM