pulling your puzzles apart
October Hart
Doctor

Age: 38 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: N/A - Strg: 14 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 0 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
i promise you i will learn from all my mistakes
You nod as he explains, his version of events matching up with what you'd suspected. "She said much of the same. That she tried to save you while you were drowning, but couldn't. Perhaps you'd both tried to make the other drink some water, or...the shower?" There is no jealousy or accusation in your voice. But you've seen how Finn responded to water in both of those situations, and it wouldn't surprise you had that been the cause of your mutual drowning. "We found you Remi Taliesin halfway up Apopo, though no one quite knows what you were doing there. Then you were brought home, and haven't left since." The Falling, the Silk Houses, it hadn't happened.  

"You're welcome." You reply with a soft smile, having retreated a few steps again to place yourself nearer to the foot of his bed. Easier for him to see you, that way.

"Are you up to talking about things? I'd also like to run some tests if that's alright with you."
October
Finn Rosencrantz

Age: 36 | Height: 6’0 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 6 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 21 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
FINN
the spyglass
”I don’t remember,” Finn says of his reasons behind drowning with the Shield, though his stormy eyes linger, now, on the cast on his arm, on the musical notes that adorn it. He wiggles his fingers gently, and takes another sip of water. Remi’s name causes a reflexive shiver to shoot up the length of his spine, tensing his shoulders and hitching his breath in his throat, Finn frowning hard and trying to rack his memories. But there’s nothing there but monsters and silk, whenever he tries to piece it together.

Still, Tobi clarifies what is real and what is not, regardless of how real it all feels, and he huffs out a long sigh. ”I see,” he murmurs, shifting a bit under the blankets as if just realising how long he’s been laying down and not much else. ”Ask away. It would probably do me good to engage myself in something...” And he’s used to tests. That helps.
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
October Hart
Doctor

Age: 38 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Okay time to write this character properly, so excuse the hiccup in tone as we get back to our regularly scheduled October

"That's alright." You say immediately, shaking your head as if you hold the power to alleviate the worries from Finn's mind. You don't—that being Falke's job—but you can offer comfort and sympathy when and where you're able. "Most of it won't come back to you unless you actively try to find the memories again with Falke." You add, hoping that this comes across as a comfort and not a weighty obligation; the memories can be gone if you want them to be.

"Excellent!" You brightly chime. "Just a bit of bloodwork first, and then we'll start to test some of your reflexes and things." Then, with your smile growing wide, you add: "It...would also be good to test your reaction time and some of your motor-functions. Like..by playing ball?" You beam at your own suggestion because of course you do. There is no point in hiding the bright excitement that rounds your cheeks and makes impossibly hopeful the look in your dark eyes.
October
Finn Rosencrantz

Age: 36 | Height: 6’0 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
FINN
the spyglass
Rather than an obligation, Finn looks a touch relieved if anything, sinking back into the pillows and staring thoughtfully into his ice water. The idea of forgetting everything since before looking at the Climb through his glasses is a tempting one, but he doubts he can dismiss it that far back. Again, his fingers clench a little, like he remembers the glasses but can’t quite bring himself to ask after them.

Focusing abruptly back on October - mainly because of her sudden bright chiming - Finn takes another sip of water and offers out his arm on autopilot, though where she’ll find a vein in his wasted body is beyond him. He’s not even sure how the IV is in there. Still, it’s impossible to miss the joy on her face at the idea of playing ball, and a smile finally manages to reach Finn’s eyes.

”After the other tests, perhaps. And maybe after I’ve eaten something?” His stomach rumbles, on cue, and Finn’s cheeks redden a bit.
October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
"How very like a man you are, to want food first." You laugh, though by no means do you blame him. He's been on a strict IV diet for the past week, and though he'd hungry now, you doubt if he'll be able to eat more than just a bit of soup and some crackers. But he's surprised you before, and you'll happily allow yourself to be so again if it means he's feeling better.

Going to fetch (though not the fun kind) a needle and a vial, you return to the opposite side of his bed. Reaching for his right arm that he's kindly held out for you, you roll up his sleeves and inspect the ghostly landscape of his bicep with a frown. "I see we're putting my skills to the test today." You hum to yourself, finding the challenge appealing. As you work, you fill the silence with easy and one-sided conversation. You tell Finn about how utterly shit it was to trek across the tundra of Halo and how they've stationed guards at the entrance to the Climb. Why you're not sure, but then again you aren't really politically or military-minded.

"...Sera and I might actually try and build some sort of...room off of my office. A room that stops time, or maybe just slows it. That way I could catch up on work, or sleep." Or...the flush of your cheeks suggest all the other things that might be done in such a room, as well. "What do you think? Too impossible?"
October
Finn Rosencrantz

Change author:
FINN
the spyglass
Finn merely raises an eyebrow at October; it’s the first time someone has referred to him as being anything like a man, he thinks, and he chooses to take it a something of a compliment. He doesn’t look like much of one currently, though, as evidenced by the struggles she has in trying to find a vein to take blood. ”Well, I do like to give you a challenge,” he murmurs, watching without flinching as she searches to try and do the blood work.

It might be a one sided conversation, but Finn listens very carefully anyway, tilting his head at she continues about her strange, time-slowed room. ”Seraphina?” he asks, his brow furrowing a bit. ”Nothing is impossible, but it does not sounds easy.” His eyes are still on the needle, and if they notice the blush on her face (or why it might be there), he makes no indication of it.

”Will I be able to go to my rooms again soon?”
October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
"I appreciate that. Always keeping me on my toes." You hum cheerfully. It takes a band around the upper part of his arm for the veins to finally start to appear beneath his sallow skin. "Try to make chord-shapes. I know it's the wrong hand, but try anyway." It's unconventional, but it's more interesting than just asking him to ball his fingers into a fist.

"Mmhm. The very one." The vial swims with red. Finn is an easy patient. He doesn't flinch or shy away, which you very much appreciate. Drawing the needle from his skin you cover the area with a ball of cotton and tape it in place. "No, it doesn't. Sera..phina," You quickly add, as if perhaps using her nickname is a bit too casual, "..thinks that perhaps Frey might help." You're affiliated with Rae as it is, so you're no stranger to the herald. However lacking in sexual energy as you are, you're rather glad to know that you will know them at least during part of their divided-time.

"Well. Your discharge is not solely up to me." You tell Finn as you busy yourself checking his pupils and his temperature. "Falke will have to be the one to give the final all-clear."
October
Finn Rosencrantz

Change author:
FINN
the spyglass
Nodding, Finn’s stormy eyes flicker from the needle to his fingers, and while it’s clumsy, it provides a perfect distraction and a way for the blood to pump through his veins. He’s walked his way from A to E and the vial has already flooded with red, the Spyglass glancing up at Tobi again. His brow furrows, as if something is clicking in place where it hasn’t before - he doesn’t think he’s ever heard Tobi mention anyone in the Order, other than Cian, Falke and Dorian. Times change, he supposes, when they’re all allowed out to play.

”A meeting with a herald? That would be something,” he murmurs, waiting until she’s done before moving to take another sip of water. ”Of course it is.” Finn shouldn’t be surprised, but he can’t hide his disappointment. ”I suppose I had best make myself comfortable, then.”
October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
You shrug a touch at this. Having met Rae once when you were young, you've had a while to process the divine nature of things. Gideon has seen to that. Still, you don't hide the unease that settles across your face as you nod.

"I won't lie to you Finn, I'm not sure yet how long the effects of the water will last. Reports say a week or so, but after that I'm not sure it will work again. That's what these samples are for, so I can try and run test before that time, but..." You offer him a sad smile. "Hopefully I'll have a solution before that, though."

So saying you finish the remainder of your tests, gathering all the information you think you might need to try and find out how and why the water works against the infection the way it does. With Finn able to move, you help him with a few stretches so that he won't become overly sore in the bed.

When all of this is done, however much you want to linger, you don't. There is research to be done. Cures to be found. A friend to save.

~FINngetbettersoon.
October