no matter where I am, no matter what I do
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
- NATE -
i was standing on holy ground,
so heart don't fail me now
As soon as the witch say's she'll take him to Sunjata, Nate brightens, perking up and forgetting what he'd been through, the way he'd simply wandered. Once Vai continues though, a deep frown cuts the mirth from Nate's cheeks, worry, regret suddenly creeping into him. "I didn't mean to get lost." He mumbles, like a scolded child, unable to actually defend himself in any way. Vai is absolutely right - stepping back isn't an option right now. Nate is happy to waddle along after her though, his chin resting on her head as she leads him up the stairs, to the makeshift bedroom hiding in the advocates offices.

The one eyed gaze searches around as Vai mentions a present, Nate's brows pulling together. She hasn't brought any presents. It's not a thought he gets a chance to voice though, the shape in the bed drawing his eye, Nate leaning forward until he sees what lurks in the blankets, a dark, unfamiliar shape rising up. But it's so close, so almost familiar, that Nate hesitates. Horns, scales, claws, all of it things he knows as parts of his fiance, but strange, different than he remembers. Had they been separated so long he'd forgotten?

Nate hesitates right up until the moment he doesn't, until Sunjata speaks, and the ascended doesn't understand how he could have seen anything other than his fiance, reaching out for him. "Sonskyn!" In a moment, a breath, Nate has stepped past Vai, is wrapping his arms around the attuned tightly, holding him like he's never letting go. He might not, in all honesty. He can feel every part of him relax, now that he's finally back home, held in his Sun's arms. "I missed you. What... what happened?"
and even if the walls were falling down
it will always be us, this is holy ground

Messages In This Thread
RE: no matter where I am, no matter what I do - by Nate - 09-26-2020, 08:24 AM