where do we go from here?
for Alina
Juniper Dubois
the Amberwing
Diplomat

Age: 57 | Height: 4'8 | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 3 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Bees Offline
Change author:
MP: 1749
JUNIPER
you think i'm happy because i'm smiling,
but it's the easiest thing to do
"Probably better than she'll feel about never fulfilling it at all," Juniper said. She liked the idea of completing Safrin's quest, of having something distinct and solid to do. Getting the help of the other lands often seemed insurmountable; finding a little blood and hair felt easy, comparatively.

Juniper tried not to laugh at the unintended pun, with mixed success. "We can cross that bridge when we come to it. With trickery, or ... or force. Or maybe we can find a rogue Ascended willing to betray their fellows."

Holding in a sigh, Juniper shook her head. "No. Thank you for coming, though, and speaking to me."

It hadn't exactly been the fruitful exchange of ideas that Juniper had hoped for, but the conversation had also gone much better than her worst-case scenarios. And she did have some leads now to follow up on.
if you looked a little closer,
you'd find my eyes aren't smiling too.

table by Skylark
Alina Estarr
Hunter

Age: 60 | Height: 4' 10'' | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 3 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 13 - Int:
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
When we can’t control fire,
we name it “wild”
Alina shrugged at Juniper's words. "I don't pretend to know the will or mind of the gods." Once again, the huntress looked at the shrine. Frowning, she sighed.

Turning her attention back to her fellow Fae, Alina pursed her lips. Narrowing her eyes, she shook her head. "There are lots of maybes and perhapses in all of your plans."

Nodding at Juniper's words, the huntress started flying away. Stopping by the shrine, she opened her mouth. However, she hesitated and closed it again. Hovering there for just a moment longer, she finally flew off. This time, there wasn't a backwards glance or pause as she went to go gather the supplies she'd need for a hunt.

-FIN
when we can’t control God,
we name it “war”
ALINA
Base Code by Sky!