no reason to do it alone
Remi <3
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Age: 44 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 16 - Int:
COCO - Regular - Cloud Wyrm
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
and I tried to remember how nice it had been
Old? Vai repeats, raising her eyebrows and seeming thoroughly affronted on Remi’s behalf. She reaches out and pats Remi on the shoulder, the smile levelled his way suggesting that she’s in agreement with him; he certainly is not old. ”Well, I can tell you this much - you never know what’s waiting for you around the corner, good or bad. You might find years of peace to come. Just embrace it, whatever it might be.”

Winking, she drops her hand once more and listens, blue eyes glittering at the questions he poses. With a gentle shrug, she hums out something non-committal. ”If I were asked I would be more than happy to help. And even if not in an official capacity, someone will have to sit and listen to everyone bounce their ideas around, right?”
a long long time ago
Vervain
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 70 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2759
REMI
the lullaby
Remi nods, knowing the truth of her words now perhaps more than ever before. Once life had been relatively easy for the alchemist, or at least fairly uncomplicated. It had been a simple existence, full of just enough happiness to get him through. Or so he'd thought. Now he couldn't imagine life any other way, consequences and complications be damned.

Snorting under his breath, Remi just rolls his eyes. "You sound like Ronin. I think he said something along those lines when I talked to him about running for Governor last year." They were Vai's sons to be sure. "I just...I don't want to make this anyone else's problem, you know? It feels like..." Sighing, Remi looks down at the table, tracing the lines of the wood with a finger. "Like I'm making more work for everyone else by stepping down. It...almost doesn't seem fair."
Like you'd get your knuckles bloody for me

Code taken from Sky who is utter perfection
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Age: 44 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
Vai grins and waves him off, though it’s nice to see that at least some of her lessons have filtered down into their heads. Namely not living like life is out to get them, and instead seizing it - and happiness - wherever they could find it. ”Remi, there are people out there chomping at the bit to make a mark on this world. You’re hardly making work for everyone if they want to do it,” she reminds him.

With a shrug, she takes another sip of tea and leans her elbows on the table. ”Stepping down and giving this to someone who wants it is more fair than keeping hold of it and doing a half-assed job because it’s not where you’re meant to be. Right?” She raises her eyebrows.
a long long time ago
Vervain
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
REMI
the lullaby
"And yet only Sunjata has come to talk to me about it." The alchemist replies, eyebrows raised and his smile teetering towards smugness. Shaking it off and taking a drink of his tea, he sets the cup down precisely back in the ring it had created the first time upon the table, and nods. "But you're right. And Torchline survived long before me. She'll survive after me as well."

A touch wickedly Remi looks across the table. "I'll have you know there are those who think even half my ass is still pretty good." Grinning at his own poor joke the alchemist sits up again. "Tell me about you though. How are things? With Zephyr, with Felix?"

Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Change author:
”Then that should make your choice all the easier, should it not?” Vai tilts her head to Remi, offering him a grin and running her fingers through her curls. ”Like I said, I think Sunjata will do a good job. He’ll need a solid group of people around him, though.” Between Nate, Zeph, herself and any others in Torchline, he should be alright. She hopes, in any case.

Snorting at his joke, however much she doesn’t need to know that, Vai shoots him an amused glance. ”Does one of those people happen to be your husband?” she asks. ”Because I hate to break this to you Remi, but he has to love half your ass, and the rest of it.” She nibbles at her lower lip, gazing into her tea with a shy sort of smile at his question. ”Felix is thriving. Things with Zeph are good. Really, really good,” she murmurs. ”I didn’t think I’d ever find this again.”
a long long time ago
Vervain
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
the lullaby
Exhaling in such a way as to make his lips tremble and his cheeks puff out, the alchemist can only nod. Sunjata is a good choice. He just...wishes that he wasn't going to be Governor simply by default. Then again, had the man not run the first time around, the same would have been said about Remi.

Gasping dramatically as if it was very much meant to be a secret, the alchemist can only nod crooked that yes, one of those people (100% of those people infact) was Ronin. "What do you mean has to?" The alchemist huffs unhappily before very happily conceding to Vai as the subject of conversation.

Still unsure what really to be said of Devrum, Remi takes a moment to wrestle with his unhappy feelings of boyish protectiveness and jealousy when it came to Vai. While most little boys grow up wanting to marry their mothers, Remi met Vai far too late in his life to ever experience that sort of attachment to her. Still, fiercely protective and loyal, he isn't so readily convinced. Pleased beyond measure, but unconvinced just the same. "I'm really glad to hear that. If anyone deserves it, it's you. So you think you're here then? No more Grounds?"

Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Change author:
”Oh I am terribly sorry, I meant that he chooses to. All the time. Because you’re so handsome, and who wouldn’t love every little itty bit of you?” Vai grins, her voice rising in pitch to something saccharine, and she reaches out to playfully pinch at his cheeks. Though she might be teasing, the brush of her skin on his will prove that she’s not entirely joking about it. They really might have met later in life, but that didn’t make Remi feel any less her son in her eyes.

Sitting back again, she can’t help but sense his reticence, the witch shrugging her shoulders and nudging him a bit. ”It’s better than being lonely,” she points out with a grin. ”And I was in the Greatwood long before I came here... But I think I might be staying, yes. I’d like to keep going back to the woods on occasion, but this place is better for Felix, I think.”
a long long time ago
Vervain
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
the lullaby
Leaning quite hard into this pantomime of wilting wallflower, the alchemist puffs out his bottom lip and heaves a heavy sigh meant to tug at heartstrings that he absolutely knows won't warble even one millimetre in sympathy. It's true though, that her touch instantly softens and stills him. Vai has always been like a fresh breeze, even more so now that he can feel the flutter of her emotions.

"Mmm, yes. Pirate-murder is much better than angry fae-murder." Remi offers with a lopsided smile. He knew what she meant though. There was family here, and impressive as the Woods were, the ocean just called to the alchemist in ways he couldn't quite articulate. Ways he'd certainly miss when he eventually left her.

"Well I suppose if Zeph is going to be sticking around, maybe I should get to know him a bit better." Remi grumbles, still chipper despite these antics. "Maybe I'll see if he wants to go hunting with me." He offers with an entirely mischievous grin.

Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Change author:
”You say that, but I haven’t experienced even one pirate related murder since coming to Torchline. And I work in the clinic,” Vai informs him, grinning and combing a hand through his curls before sitting back in her seat. She finishes the rest of her tea, rising to her feet to go and wash her glass, before hunting around for ingredients to make an (inevitably large and extravagant) celebration dinner.

Raising her eyebrows at his suggestion and glancing over her shoulder, she can’t help but scoff at that imagery. ”Maybe you should ask him to take you fishing,” she suggests instead. ”Either way, you can talk about it tonight. I’ve invited him for dinner.”

And who knew how that would end.

~FIN
a long long time ago
Vervain