(se) like a dimmer switch on low
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 30 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
like thunder gonna shake the ground
Growling as the rest of his exploration yielded nothing of substance, Loren turned to face Deimos as the former General called out. Padding over, the lion sniffed and looked at the crystal, but it was as fruitless a search as his earlier efforts. Then, just for shits and giggles, he licked at the gem.

Hacking at the taste, he spat out the dirt. I'm not getting anything from it. Astra peered at it as well, the light from her antlers sparkling in the reflection of the crystal's facets.

Yeah, we did. A doorway, or something? There were...holes in it. I have no idea what it was or who made it. Meowing, he circled and gave the cavern one last look. I don't think we'll find anything here, do you? And while I want to keep exploring, I'm exhausted and don't really want to sleep here. He let out a deep breath.
LOREN
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 34 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 74 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 74 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 6754
DEIMOS
The sound of iron shots is stuck in my head
The thunder of the drums dictates
Deimos didn’t hide his grimace as Loren licked the gem in his hand, frowning mulishly as he wiped the residue off on his pants, then placed the artifact in the bag. Just one more display, one more show, one more piece of evidence that these moments had stretched into portions of nothingness. For all their efforts, it was a mere circumstance – an opportunity come and gone.

He grabbed hold of the satchel, tossing it along his shoulders once more, granting Zuriel an impassive look the unicorn seemed to register, maneuvering and matching strides to begin their walk back through the tunnels and caverns. The monolith did tilt his head back towards the lion, presuming he was following, the lines of fatigue and exhaustion wearing down into his own bones and mettle, the sickness cursing in debilitating alignments. A doorway? To what? Holes? Behind falls? He shook his head, and couldn’t make sense of any of it – not now. Perhaps they could all combine pieces and portions, leaving calculations to forefronts of minds put together. What about the metal?
The rhythm of the falls, the number of dead
The rising of the horns, ahead
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 30 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
like thunder gonna shake the ground
Not missing Deimos' grimace, Loren chuffed at the Sword. Anything's worth a shot at this point. The lion's tail swished in the air behind him. However, he paused at the look that Astra threw his way.

I have no idea. I think there was nothing but stone beyond it. He followed at the heels of the other man and Zuriel, the luxere trotting by the healer's side.

Letting out a growl at the mention of the metal, he sped up so he was walking beside Deimos. Frey told me whatever was inside the metal that I took from Tanau was already inside me. Whatever that means. But I have no idea what it is or where it comes from and they were less than forthcoming when I asked them about it.
LOREN
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 34 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 74 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 74 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 6754
DEIMOS
The sound of iron shots is stuck in my head
The thunder of the drums dictates
Nothing, nothing, nothing, just a series, just a volley, just segments of nuances and configurations they were trying to go off of. He held off the forthcoming sigh, and instead concentrated on getting them out of the caverns and the consequential dead-ends. Let me know if you find anything else. Long sweeping strides turned down corridors, consulting the map briefly when they entered through several other tunnels, familiar path-lines taking hold in the dim lantern light. I can try to help. Not that he’d done much here – but at least he could get them back to Halo safely, before the next tempest struck.

{FIN}
The rhythm of the falls, the number of dead
The rising of the horns, ahead