while others are crumbling
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Age: 29 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 23 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Neron
the wind breathes lonely
longing to be seen
”Thank you,” he mumbles, accepting the hand that slips into his own and the arm around his shoulder to lead him. While the going is clumsy and tough, and the way the blurred world slides around him makes him feel a little nauseated, Neron shakes his head to inform Morgan that the pace is just fine. The sooner he’s inside and away from all of the undoubtedly wonderful dangers that the Fangs pose, the better.

Eventually Morgan loosens her grip, but the same can’t be said for Neron; already his cheeks are flushed again, and his gaze would likely be unfocused even if he couldn’t see well. ”No,” he says, almost apologetically. ”I don’t know if going to see her will help. I don’t even know if any of the other Ascended are sick. Perhaps this is just my punishment.” Though for what, he couldn’t even begin to speculate these days. ”Just stay with me, if you would. At least until we are back at the Citadel.”
sometimes the soul
has days like these
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 6 - Strg: 23 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 14 - Int:
EUNIKE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MORGAN
Some nights, I wish that my lips could build a castle
Some nights, I wish they'd just fall off
"No thanks needed." Morgan said gently; if anything, he ought to have been mad at her; she found it slightly disquieting that he wasn't. Still, at least he was willing going with her across the Tundra.

That Neron didn't think the Voice would help made her sigh in frustration. What was the point in being so devoted, in letting a Goddess change your life and body, if she wouldn't even help you in a tough situation? Morgan had been more use than a deity so far, and that was not how it was meant to be; her mouth became a hard thin line, her distaste for Godly authority growing. "There are other Ascended sick. I can at least tell you that...I don't know them personally, but I've heard, from others in other regions."

If he thought there was even the smallest chance she was letting go before they got to the Citadel, he was wrong. "Of course, Neron. I will not leave you."
But I still wake up, I still see your ghost
Oh Lord, I'm still not sure, what I stand for
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Age: 29 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Neron
the wind breathes lonely
longing to be seen
”There are others...? Oh.” Neron shouldn’t feel relieved to hear this, but he does - he really, truly does. Relaxing somewhat as Morgan continues to lead them down onto the Tundra, he tucks his free hand into his pocket, blinking and smiling suddenly as his fingers close on something. His sight is blurred, but Morgan might find it fun anyway. ”Hey, want to see something cool?”

He withdraws his pocket watch, shifting to hold it out and show her. When he clicks it open, in place of a clock face is a shiny, matte screen, which blooms to life with none other than the word telekinesis. ”It tells me what powers people have around me,” he explains. ”Only works for Ascended I think. I found it out here in the Tundra... I was surprised to find anything like it.”
sometimes the soul
has days like these
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 6 - Strg: 23 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 14 - Int:
EUNIKE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MORGAN
Some nights, I wish that my lips could build a castle
Some nights, I wish they'd just fall off
Eventually they fell into a kind of rhythm as they walked, Morgan's fingers loosening their grip a little as she attuned herself more to just how much help Neron needed. While normally she might have been irritated to hear him ask if she wanted to see 'something cool' during such a dire moment, here she decided to take it as a sign that he was at least in good spirits and humoured it.

She wasn't expecting to see a pocket watch. For a second she thought she'd have to feign excitement for the movement of the watches hands, but thankfully it did more than that. "I see. I have more magics than just telekinesis, though, so it doesn't seem to give a whole picture." Keeping up conversation was a good idea, to give him strength. In the distance she saw the wall of the Citadel (after all, they had not walked up that far) and she squeezed his arm as they began the last push.
But I still wake up, I still see your ghost
Oh Lord, I'm still not sure, what I stand for
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Change author:
Neron
the wind breathes lonely
longing to be seen
”No no no no,” Neron says good-naturedly, the Ascended shaking his head and grinning across to her. If he notices that the Citadel walls have appeared in the distance, he doesn’t show it, and he clicks the pocket watch shut. When it springs open again, this time it produces something different: water manipulation.

”Seeeee? How can it list all of the powers at once, on a teeny tiny little bit of glass? It has to come up one at a time. I knew you’d think it was cool.” Despite the fact that Morgan hasn’t agreed to anything like that, Neron seems perfectly happy with the outcome. In fact, even though everything is still blurred and he doesn’t really know where he’s going, he’s more than content with the afternoon’s adventure.

~FIN
sometimes the soul
has days like these