[se] just a little less pain
Ningo Farmer

Age: 31 | Height: 185cm | 6'1" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 14 - Int:
AUNI - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Whimzi Offline
Change author:
MP: 35
CHULANE
God, it hurts to be human
Without you, I'd be losing
He wasn't terribly surprised that they didn't find any other lilies; the beautiful, precious flowers were scarce, a rarity - though the group he and Morgan had come with before had been fortunate enough to find two of them. He'd had concerns that even the single one he'd found that venture could have been the last, could have led to extinction of a species - he sincerely hoped he was wrong. The cure depended on him being wrong.

Sorrow for what could have been simmered below the surface, sobering his otherwise optimistic mood - he felt better when he was taking action, when he was working towards a goal. It gave at least the illusion of progress, and allowed him to keep placing one foot in front of the other, to keep moving forward, and hopefully get through this tricky time as well.

He reflected on conversations of the past, on Kiada speaking of her home, of areas similar to this. And he couldn't help but wonder at how many of those experiences Deimos shared with her - there was no jealousy, simply curiosity, and perhaps some desire to share, to reminisce, to give an opportunity for her to be remembered, spoken about, by those who loved her.

"I came to the Climb, not long after the season turned. I wanted… to find where she fell." Quiet words came as his motions mimicked the General's, bending at the edge of the pools to fill the various containers they had brought. He hadn't told another soul this, unless one counted the semi-disastrous venture across the sea ice and the stranger he'd found himself paired with.

"I couldn't. Didn't."
And someday, we'll face the music
God, it hurts to be human

Messages In This Thread
[se] just a little less pain - by Deimos - 10-09-2020, 10:26 PM
RE: [se] just a little less pain - by Chulane - 10-13-2020, 07:27 AM
RE: [se] just a little less pain - by Deimos - 10-13-2020, 10:34 PM
RE: [se] just a little less pain - by Chulane - 10-25-2020, 03:07 AM
RE: [se] just a little less pain - by Deimos - 10-25-2020, 10:08 AM
RE: [se] just a little less pain - by Chulane - 10-25-2020, 11:38 AM
RE: [se] just a little less pain - by Deimos - 10-25-2020, 09:02 PM
RE: [se] just a little less pain - by Chulane - 11-08-2020, 06:02 AM