wings and waters
Arialla Calimeris

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 13 - Int:
Played by: Bees Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Arialla

Safrin's presence, and her praise, made Arialla feel warm, and she blushed. While she knew better than to get too comfortable with a goddess, she was starting to truly appreciate how much more caring Safrin seemed than the gods she knew. Even her beloved Apollo had always been more distant, and potentially fickle. He wouldn't have forgiven her for not returning at the appointed time, or praised her for navigating this new world.

"Thank you." Arialla paused, putting her thoughts together. "I am getting more comfortable here, and I have ... accepted that I won't be going home."

It hurt to say that out loud, but it was true. While she still had the occasional thought about finding a way home, she'd chosen to ignore them, to make herself focus on building a life here.

"You're probably already aware of this, but the Loreseekers have collapsed, with Jigano gone and Samuel ... otherwise occupied." Arialla's sorrow over the guild's fate -- and Samuel's -- entered her voice. "So that is no longer an option, unless ... someone else takes up the reins."

The thought had entered Arialla's mind, barely, that she could be that person -- but she considered it unlikely. She wasn't particularly studious, or particularly adventurous, or otherwise particularly skilled. Her only qualification for the role was that she was there. And, maybe, interested.

"The Caido Aid Society is starting out in Torchline," Arialla added, somewhat more enthusiastically. "I think they'll -- we'll -- be able to do a lot of good."

Arialla rubbed her chin, considering. "And then there are the souls of the Ascended, as we discussed last time -- I spoke to Amalia about them, but only briefly, and never did track down Delphia. With all of that in mind, I suppose I'm here to ask what path you would see me take ..."

She paused, because it seemed a bit foolish, almost selfish, to call down Safrin solely for life advice. So she continued: "I would still serve you, if you'll have me. Against the Voice, yes, but also for you, and for Caido. I've asked you to counsel me, give me knowledge, a way home, revenge, but -- what can I do for you?"

Arialla didn't know if Safrin would want to give her a divine mission, but she felt it was important to offer Safrin something beyond endless petty questions.

please don't take my sunshine away

coding base by Skylark

Messages In This Thread
wings and waters - by Arialla - 10-10-2020, 03:43 PM
RE: wings and waters - by Safrin - 10-17-2020, 03:58 PM
RE: wings and waters - by Arialla - 10-17-2020, 08:11 PM
RE: wings and waters - by Safrin - 10-28-2020, 01:45 AM
RE: wings and waters - by Arialla - 11-17-2020, 04:55 PM
RE: wings and waters - by Safrin - 11-19-2020, 12:36 AM
RE: wings and waters - by Arialla - 12-04-2020, 11:28 PM
RE: wings and waters - by Safrin - 12-14-2020, 04:44 PM
RE: wings and waters - by Arialla - 12-15-2020, 05:03 PM