Blood Sickness
For Isla
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

"...I don't think there's any price t-too big for getting rid of this...this disease." Sam replied, the last word bitter in his mouth. While Isla had for some indecipherable reason chosen this, he could only see the Ascension as a virus crawling in his veins and taking over his body.

The advantage to her eyes did sound useful, but he couldn't think of anything in his own life that would be drastically improved by anything like that. He could do everything he needed to easily and with the body he had at the moment. The only thing he would want would be the ability to...feel again. For his body to respond in the way it was meant to when he was touched. But he couldn't tell Isla that, of course.

"There is normal though. Normal isn't this." He had a hard time expressing what he meant, his hands uselessly making gestures before him. "N-normal is being able to walk in the sun or be with someone. Normal is...normal is...eating food. Having to see through normal eyes. That's normal. That's how you're meant to live."
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 26 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3101

Isla pressed her lips together at the reference to their condition as a disease - far from killing them, however, ascending would make them live for always. Providing nothing hacked them to bits, of course. She shook her head, their stroll taking them through the Domiciles and back around towards the Temple. "I am... not so sure," she murmured. "For some, normal is the ability to fly at will, or to create fire with one's fingertips. I'm not sure this is too different..."

She didn't think he would be convinced, though, Isla pausing outside the Temple and smiling to him kindly. "Go and visit one of those shrines, I think. See if they can offer any assistance. And if I can ever do anything, even just lend an ear, don't be a stranger, okay?"

ISLA
pray for me
pray to me
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Sam couldn't really argue against Isla's point there - Remi could turn into a hawk, for example, which was certainly not what he'd call normal. But that wasn't a disadvantage, not in the same way being Ascended was. Remi didn't suffer every day from being Attuned, or from his magic. But it was just starting to sound like whining at this point, so he didn't say anything.

"A-alright. I'll go and see what they say." He nodded and smiling to Isla as she left, turned to look at the temple....and promptly walked away from it. He would come back later, when he had had a chance to think things over.