snake eyed with a sly smile
Remoodle <3
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 5167
and if you want, i could tell you the truth
that this life takes a toll on you. i spend nights
I arrived after the barrier had fallen, but I can only assume they tolerate us better because we helped free them from it.” He mulls the thought over, shrugging his shoulders before he’s taking another sip of the water and running his thumb along the glass. At the end of the day, Sunjata couldn’t do anything about it. He was thrown here, no way to go back. It wasn’t like he chose to come.

Though he would’ve given the chance.

There’s a low hum of laughter that leaves Sunjata at Remi’s conclusion, a nod given. “I think so too.” Add that to yet another reason why he won’t be Ascending. But he draws silent at Remi’s question, mulling over what he knew. And after a few long seconds he puffs out a sigh. “Yeah. They were together for a little while, Nate was Accepted, Sam had his patch and everything still. I don’t know if Nate really knew what all he was getting into.” His gaze slips back toward Remi with a shrug.

It was a touchy subject with Nate, one Sunjata hadn’t breached much. “And I guess now he knows.” A humorless smile lifts the corner of his lips, another roll of his shoulders.
stitching up the loose threads of my soul
so in the morning i'm bulletproof
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 70 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2759
i wish i could say that i am a light that never goes out
"Some...some were understandably quite angry about it." Remi replies with a thoughtful smile. "I think they felt like...we came in and just...took over. It was a group of Outlanders who defeated the demon that guarded it." Though only he and Ronin were left of them, now.

"That fucking patch." Though swearing is something Remi has been doing more often, it still sounds shockingly foul coming out of his mouth. Rightly so, as he glares down at his glass, shaking his head. "I wish I'd never made it. I think it made Sam...isolate himself from the other ascended even more, in a sense. But it also made him forget what it was like to be purely ascended." Having taste and tactile feel, having full use of his bodily functions. With a rather remorseful look Remi raises his eyes to the Flood.

"I guess he does." Remi agrees, having steered them off this cliff and finding himself quite helpless to do anything about it.
but I  f l i c k e r
from time to time
REMI
Table and Gif sniping by SKY who is eternally the best forever
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
He nods in understanding – how hard it must have been to have someone come in and take away everything they’d ever known, to accomplish everything they had perhaps once tried and failed at. But it had opened the world to them. He doesn’t have anything to comment on it, however, instead focusing on the way Remi curses about the patch, a half smile forming on Sunjata’s face.

Hearing Remi swear was still something Sunjata found oddly charming when it slipped from the Lullaby’s mouth. And Sunjata can see exactly where it might have gone wrong, why it might have been important for the Voice to take it away when he’d started to rebel. Most importantly, he can see why the confusion had begun with Nate once he’d Ascended, promised a long and lengthy life with the bookmaker turned mapmaker.

Until Sunjata came along and ruined it. He’d still do it again and again if it meant he had what he has now. “But we’re making do with it.” Sunjata amends, shrugging lightly. After all, it’s not like he blamed anyone except for Sam. “Though since I heard a rumor that Frey blessed a place in the Grounds to where it even works with Ascendeds, I may pay them a visit for… Something.” He glances back toward Remi with an amused roguish smirk.
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Exhaling a sigh that felt to Remi like an apology for making this in any way about him, he nods, genuinely glad to hear it. "Ahh, I'd heard that too. I always thought it was a bit of a myth." Did he know anyone who'd personally used the room? Or, more precisely (because he did in fact know people who had), any who'd told him about it?

"I wonder what Frey thinks about the ascended. That their magic works on them..." Remi bites the inside of his lip as he ponders. "Has Nate ever visited them?" Through the attuned bond Sunjata will feel a small ripple of hope; if Frey's magic worked on the ascended, was it possible the god might be an ally for them?

Running a hand through his curls and clearing his throat slightly, the alchemist fixes the flood with a crooked smile. "To be honest, best candidate or not, you're the only one whose come to talk to me about being Governor...both times now, it's only been you."
but I  f l i c k e r
from time to time
REMI
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
I think I’ve been there before, actually. Without an Ascended so I didn’t know. But the room feels different, all encompassing.” His head tilts this way and that as he remembers the time he’d spent with Lily, as he remembers the way the room had made him feel. But on the subject of Frey, Sunjata peers at Remi curiously. “That’s a really interesting question.” Something he can tuck away for later when the optimistic part of him hopes everyone is healed again.

As for Nate? Sunjata shrugs a bit, an amused smile crossing his face. “Mm, well, Nate met Frey before he Ascended, actually.” Sunjata doesn’t remember the specifics but he does recall it wasn’t a good experience for his now husband. But perhaps they could all put that behind them, it has been a while at the very least.

But the Flood downs the rest of his water, returning his focus to Remi when he speaks, something amused crossing his face. “It feels like home.” He rumbles, shoulders shrugging. “I was supposed to rule back home too but, it was far more fucked up than anything here. I like the people here and despite being Outlanders I think they like some of the things I’ve made here too.” The Slagveld gets a decent turnout most days anyway.
SUNJATA
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"Hmmm." Remi hums thoughtfully, not sure what to make of any of it. "I can't say my experiences with Frey have been pleasant either." Yet were they to ask Phoebe they'd hear an entirely different story, so who really knew.

"Yeah, I think so as well." Remi agrees, standing and nodding toward the door. "Now get out before someone thinks you're bribing me for the job. Or worse, after what happened last week on the sands." He adds with a devilish grin, cheeks flushing slightly though it was more out of boyish merriment than desire.

With a laugh the Lullaby shows the taller man the door, knowing that unless something drastic happened (and it didn't) that he'd be the man for the job.

~FIN
but I  f l i c k e r
from time to time
REMI