(se) for so many years I've used the darkness to feel (open)
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
It's Lord of the Flies in my mind tonight
The Voice and Loren? Similar? She is marked with disbelief, her eyebrows shooting towards her hairline and definitely not laughing along with him. She decides to keep her mouth shut and tries to listen more than talk, though that’s quickly thrown to bits when he talks again. “Wants to make the world better,” she repeats, perhaps as a correction, perhaps not. “Most of us Hollowed Ground Naturals didn’t Ascend because we were lured in by cool tech stuff - we did it so we wouldn’t die.” Like her, they weren’t ready to give up. And they saw an opportunity to fight back when life had previously been so hopeless and they, themselves, often helpless to do anything about it.  

Imagine a world where the options are death or completely changing yourself and everything you know. Giving up pleasant human things along with the unpleasant. It's a terrifying choice to make, especially for someone in the indoctrinated and bigoted community.

Whether or not it’s in The Voice's image is irrelevant, or so she thinks. Amongst other things.

“I didn’t come her to yell at you,” she says with a shake of her head. “I came to see her, you just happened to be here.” That doesn’t mean she doesn’t want to yell at him, she only wants him to know that this is purely a coincidence, and nothing more.

And she doesn't intend on yelling.

Messages In This Thread
RE: (se) for so many years I've used the darkness to feel (open) - by Wessex - 10-21-2020, 12:55 AM