i once believed love would be b&w
Zephyr Kawaianu
Smuggler / Guildmaster

Age: 42 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 10 - Int:
KI - Regular - Panther Chamelon
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
zephyr

And just as you're beginning to worry this will become some sort of brawl that you absolutely will not win, the tension leaves the room with all the explosive energy as a slowly deflating balloon.

It's frankly adorable, and as the once-governor goes on it takes every ounce of self restraint you have not to break into a shit-eating grin. The husband gets an amused glance, but most of your attention is focused on the kid in front of you, valiantly standing up for a mother figure. You've crossed your arms over your chest, and your expression softens steadily as the lad goes on; it's not until the almost-insult that you cave and let out an amused snort. "Oh, I know he's insultin' me," you reassure Ronin, the very beginning of a crooked smile tugging at your lip. Straightening up from your position on the door frame, you turn and begin to walk away, jerking your chin to indicate that they should follow. "Come in. Grab a seat. I'll get us somethin'a drink."

It doesn't matter if they take the table or one of the couches; you head straight into the liquor cabinet, grabbing three mismatched mugs and a bottle of rum, which you uncork with your teeth. With practiced grace you pour healthy quantities into each mug, talking as you do.

"Y'ain't wrong. I ain't one'a th'heroes. I'm a smuggler'n a crook'n it's been a helluva long time since I gave two shits 'bout anythin' other'n survivin'." You've set the bottle down now and pad over to the men, offering them each a glass. Sinking into a seat yourself, you regard the boys with surprising warmth, your weathered face tired and frank. "But I love Vai. Love'er somethin' fierce. Never thought I'd love someone again, an' it scares th'ever-lovin' shit outta me, 'cus I don' wanna fuck it up. 'Specially knowin' that if I do, a whole army'a overpowered super-kids'll be comin' fer my guts." You gesture to the men in front of you, chuckling slightly before growing serious again.

Leaning forward, you meet Remi's eyes as squarely as you might any business partner. "I know you'd prob'ly kill me if I hurt 'er, an' I respect th'hell outta that. I'd do th'same if it were my Ma." You've folded your hands in front of you. You're not trying to do anything but be honest, because the kid deserves that. You both love the same woman. You both want to see her happy.

You both know what it is to lose.
burn all the things you have to burn
save all the people you're supposed to save

Messages In This Thread
i once believed love would be b&w - by Remi - 10-15-2020, 06:37 PM
RE: i once believed love would be b&w - by Ronin - 10-15-2020, 06:48 PM
RE: i once believed love would be b&w - by Zephyr - 10-16-2020, 05:34 PM
RE: i once believed love would be b&w - by Remi - 10-16-2020, 06:30 PM
RE: i once believed love would be b&w - by Ronin - 10-18-2020, 11:26 AM
RE: i once believed love would be b&w - by Zephyr - 10-22-2020, 05:47 PM
RE: i once believed love would be b&w - by Remi - 11-02-2020, 05:28 PM