Launched by the Roil into...wait, where AM I?
Neos Rivetter
Explorer/Storyteller

Age: 33 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 2 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Tesability Offline
Change author:
MP: 360
Neos returned with a deep-throated groan at Sunjata's laugh, shaking his head at the answer he got. "Well, shit," he said as he approached at the desk himself, his face falling in expression as he realized one critical detail.

He had not a single bit of currency for this world on him and he didn't know how to fix that just yet. "...Arceus-dammit, can't really afford a place to stay for the night if I got no money on hand," he muttered. If he really had to, he could find himself someplace in the wilds to camp for the night, but more secure lodgings would be appreciated while he got himself situated. Getting some form of paying job would probably be a priority so he could afford to do things around this world, so he glanced towards the resident Governor before asking, "Know of any good starting places for a newcomer to earn some cash at?"

Maybe all the time he spent dabbling in those crafting guilds once upon a time might find themselves useful here somehow, who knows...
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
and if you want, i could tell you the truth
that this life takes a toll on you. i spend nights
The subject of money is one Sunjata’s not heard about in a while. Typically, it was a conversation between Nate and him about the varying currencies between their worlds, the differences in what they were versus what they’d represented. Here, however, no such thing existed. Instead, as Neos turns to look at him and speak, Sunjata’s already making a deal with the Innkeeper, one that would mean that prior suggestion of helping him out on the things clouding his mind, would be shifted to this.

Looking back toward Neos, Sunjata inclines his head. “No cash or coin. It’s a bartering system, here.” His accented voice reaches out. “You’ve got a room here,  you’ll just need to help out the Innkeep with some errands here and there. Other than that, you’ll be fine.” And that was really all there was to it. It was how Sunjata survived upon arriving here – running errands, becoming a bit of a handyman, helping out where he could in order to get something in return.
stitching up the loose threads of my soul
so in the morning i'm bulletproof
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Neos Rivetter
Explorer/Storyteller

Age: 33 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Change author:
"...huh, that I can certainly get behind," he said with a nod. It's been a while since he was on a world that didn't have an economy around some form of curren...wait.

Neos has never been on a world that resorted to bartering over using some form of currency, he realized. This was actually new to him! It also meant that people have more incentive to be both honest and dishonest with their dealings, which he was making a mental note of and fast.

"Thanks for the help, sorry if I gave you a headache with all the chatter," he said as he gave a sheepish smile, his mind already trying to work through what all he could do...

...though, recalling what was mentioned about the restricted shapeshifting in this reality, he's gonna have to see if his own was restricted in some way as well. He would be absolutely pathetic as a shapeshifter if he was, but that would also mean that he'd have a better idea than most on how to possibly regain that freedom of change once more.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
and if you want, i could tell you the truth
that this life takes a toll on you. i spend nights
The Flood lets the newcomer figure out what he could do for the bartering of it, letting the realization remain, only perking back up as soon as he’s thanking him. “No problem.” He begins, a fanged smirk flashed back Neos’ way. “You’re new, I’m sure you’ll have a lot more.” It’s an addition Sunjata tacks on, because he’d been one before, questions upon questions until he’d simply figured it out. And he had.

Welcome to Torchline.” With a dip of his head, he begins to turn away from the man. A nod is given back to the Innkeeper, before Sunjata begins to make his way through the crowd of people within the Inn, prepared to continue to go and work on the list of things he still has tacked on onto his mental to-do list.
stitching up the loose threads of my soul
so in the morning i'm bulletproof
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Neos Rivetter
Explorer/Storyteller

Change author:
As Sunjata walked out of the building, Neos frowned to himself, slightly in defiance of what he had been told and slightly in jealously. He felt his own fangs shrink, yet Sunjata was allowed his fangs? Blowing air out of his mouth, he inhaled as he prepared to Transform, expecting to feel himself shrink and become bloblike before turning into a duplicate of the person he had been talking to.

...however, instead of shrinking, he found himself suddenly falling forward as his arms, which were crossed in front of himself, started to feel in pain at the would-be elbows. He uncrossed them as he fell forward onto...large padded paws?

I'm not turning into another human?! he thought to himself as he tried to pay more attention to the changes that were happening in this attempt to Transform.

Being quadrupedal, while it was unexpected in this instance, wasn't a problem. Many Pokemon were quadrupedal, after all. From the feeling of fur, he was some form of mammal most-likely. He tried to make a sound with his new voice, netting a feline growl, some form of cat-based creature is what he figured. Shaking his head, he felt a lot of fur circling his neck, which caused his mind to focus on one particular Pokemon. Pyroar. But...from what he could see, the colorings for the fur didn't match. He also exhaled after taking a deep breath, wondering if he would see flames emerge from his throat, but nothing came forth. This wasn't a Pyroar's form...what did he turn into?

He reverted back to his chosen human form, peeling himself off the floor as the innkeeper gave Neos an amused look before beckoning him to follow to where his room would be for the time being, purposely picking one with a mirror so he the new Attuned could see fully for himself his new alternate state...

-FIN