warm hearted
Finn Rosencrantz
The Spyglass

Age: 30 | Height: 6’0 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
Posts: 548
MP:
#15
memory’s so treacherous
One minute there, the next gone; Finn gazes up at Artemide as she swoops conveniently out of reach, the Spyglass rising to his feet and tilting his head up at her. "How rude," he remarks, sounding utterly unbothered about it. "I suppose that is to say that I will be keeping this book and this information to myself, then? Or at the very least, I won't be sharing it with the Eye." Grabbing the towel from the back of the chair, he finishes drying off his curls and leans back to perch against the desk.

"It isn't as though there is anything I could do, even were I so inclined. My compass has been confiscated. My glasses are still up in Cian's office. And I am talking to an owl," he points out, rubbing a hand across the scruff on his chin.
one moment you’re lost in a carnival of delights
the next, it leads you somewhere you don’t want to go
FINN


Age: 2 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck:
Played by: Offline
Change author:
Posts: 220
MP:
#16
the stories i could tell
Artemide clicks her beak, staring intently down at Finn. Something he has said she disagrees with. Though without many ways of expressing herself to him, it's really anyone's guess what she's unhappy about. Unless they work out some sort of system.

Clicking her beak again as he mentions all the reasons he's incapable of doing anything with the information, the owl vaguely spreads her wings for a moment. Holding them upon while staring at him, she folds them against her sides once more.
Finn Rosencrantz
The Spyglass

Age: 30 | Height: 6’0 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
Posts: 548
MP:
#17
memory’s so treacherous
Finn blinks, because obviously he doesn't understand what she's trying to say. But she's clearly trying to communicate, and so rather than showing frustration, the Spyglass can't help but delve deeper. "So you do want me to tell people about this? How about you click your beak when we're in agreement," he suggests. "Should I tell Cian?"

As for the spreading of her wings, the Spyglass flashes a boyish smile her way. "Alas I cannot fly," he says. "But... you can. Would you be able to get me the things I need, do you think?" He tilts his head. "My compass, for example?" He hesitates, about his glasses. Because he does not want them, not on the surface. But beneath, in the deep truths of his heart, he knows he would put them on again in an instant under the guise of necessity.
one moment you’re lost in a carnival of delights
the next, it leads you somewhere you don’t want to go
FINN


Age: 2 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck:
Played by: Offline
Change author:
Posts: 220
MP:
#18
the stories i could tell
Artemide stares at Finn as he asks about Cian. Her eyes do not blink, but nor does her beak move, and Finn would be foolish to think that this was anything but intentional.

This latter question has the owl quite succinctly clicking her beak.
Finn Rosencrantz
The Spyglass

Age: 30 | Height: 6’0 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
Posts: 548
MP:
#19
memory’s so treacherous
It seems that they are quite on their way to finding this system they were searching for. "Perhaps some of the demigods ought to know about this, though? Perhaps... those who might want to stop this?" he suggests, running his fingers back through his hair. He's watching Artemide carefully, especially given the distinct no and yes he's received thus far.

Smiling broadly now, he bows his head to her in gratitude. "Would you consider fetching those items for me, please? I do not think it would be wise of me to ignore a suggestion given by a creature that has been Safrin-sent. Especially not something so important." He doesn't ask for the book of course. He has made his own notes, and he doubts she will give it to him besides.
one moment you’re lost in a carnival of delights
the next, it leads you somewhere you don’t want to go
FINN


Age: 2 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck:
Played by: Offline
Change author:
Posts: 220
MP:
#20
the stories i could tell
Click.

Click.

But the owl does not depart. The questions are up to Finn to construct, but Artemide's presence and stare seem to suggest that there is more for them to discuss.
Finn Rosencrantz
The Spyglass

Age: 30 | Height: 6’0 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
Posts: 548
MP:
#21
memory’s so treacherous
Artemide stares at Finn. Finn stares right back at Artemide. And nothing happens for an awkward few seconds, before the Spyglass seems to realise that the owl wants more from him. Or... something like that, apparently. Rubbing at the back of his head, he straightens up from the desk, he's at a loss, honestly. So the only thing he can come back to is the other information he's found in the book. The stuff more about him. and he doesn't want to think about that.

"If only you could speak with me," he remarks with a soft sigh. "I am unsure that yes/no questions are particularly fun for you, either. But... I have to ask. That book - does it belong to Cian? Does he know all of this?"
one moment you’re lost in a carnival of delights
the next, it leads you somewhere you don’t want to go
FINN


Age: 2 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck:
Played by: Offline
Change author:
Posts: 220
MP:
#22
the stories i could tell
Not stated in the form of a question, and so not the sort of thing the owl can give her thoughts on, Artemide merely stares down from her perch. As to whether or not the book is Cian's...well, the click she offers is softer. Still a yes, but..perhaps suggesting something more complex and less straightforward. As for the information within? The click is entirely staccato and bright. Oh yes, he knows.
Finn Rosencrantz
The Spyglass

Age: 30 | Height: 6’0 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
Posts: 548
MP:
#23
memory’s so treacherous
Finn raises his eyebrows at that, before understanding dawns; a subtler sort than he's shown before, and perhaps even a slow smile creeps across his face. "I was given a peculiar sort of spectacles when I took on this job. I have a feeling that book you're perched upon is Cian's equivalent. Is that about right?" he asks, folding his arms across his chest. "...And if that is the case, I imagine he will be wanting it back. Do you think I ought to return it to him?"

If he's to return the book, he can't help but wonder how much of a slap to the face it will be to return it in person. Or perhaps it ought to reappear back in the Eye's office just as mysteriously as it vanished in the first place. Regardless, he has no doubt that Cian knows it has disappeared, and he likely knows that Finn has it. The Eye is not a stupid man. On the contrary; he is quite dangerous, in Finn's experience.
one moment you’re lost in a carnival of delights
the next, it leads you somewhere you don’t want to go
FINN


Age: 2 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck:
Played by: Offline
Change author:
Posts: 220
MP:
#24
the stories i could tell
Her beak opens, but she doesn't click it closed. Finn isn't wrong..but he isn't right either.

As for returning it, she clicks her beak to suggest yes, before staring at him as if to say no, and then finally spreading her wings out again. Whatever all that might mean.
Finn Rosencrantz
The Spyglass

Age: 30 | Height: 6’0 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
Posts: 548
MP:
#25
memory’s so treacherous
Call Finn crazy (because he absolutely might be), but all of that does make a remarkable amount of sense to the Spyglass. He nods, folding the towel over his arm and turning to gather his notes from the book, tucking them away securely in a drawer on his desk. "You are right," he says to Artemide, "it will probably be easier if you were to return it. I feel that Cian would not approve of seeing me, especially given what I am about to do."

And what are you about to do, Finn? The small voice in the back of his mind is a softly concerned thing, and the Spyglass can't give it a straight and honest answer. Only time will tell, truly. But if his track record is anything to go by, it's probably something brilliant and reckless. "Thank you for your help, Artemide."
one moment you’re lost in a carnival of delights
the next, it leads you somewhere you don’t want to go
FINN


Age: 2 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck:
Played by: Offline
Change author:
Posts: 220
MP:
#26
the stories i could tell
He's half right in what she wanted to say, but for now, it's good enough. The owl, not unlike her master, is more than capable of sliding pieces where they need to go if it comes to that.

Offering nothing in response to this, gratitude not necessarily an emotion that the owl believes requires a response, she lifts off from the bookcase and flies out of the skylight. With the book clutched between her talons, Finn should have no problem in assuming that she's off to return it, likely with the utmost discretion.

~FIN


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)


RPG-D