See in the World what you Carry in your Heart
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
eyes can't shine unless there's something burning bright behind
Aurelia nodded, understanding that whatever was said had to be kept between them. She didn't like secrets - keeping a secret was as good as lying - but, due to her quick and fierce loyalty, she kept many of them. Most were not hers. Except, perhaps, the fact that she was a bounty hunter. She had kept that small but important detail to herself for fear of rejection by the people in this world. If they knew what she had done to people that so much as whispered about magic... would they forgive her? Or would they blame her for a past that was not in her control? It was never a choice. Not truly.

Aurelia reflected on that and Gideon's information for a few moments, dropping her gaze back to the dark, glassy shrine. Was this goddess really that horrible? Maybe it was not random choice, maybe she saw something in the people she chose. Even so, it was undeniably cruel to take them from their lives... unless their lives would be better in Caido...

"The Old Gods do sound more favorable..." she murmured, lifting her gaze back up to the priest, noting his self-assured smile. For now, she could not mirror it, her lips forming a small frown, "in my old home, it was nothing but machines. The air was filthy, people got sick a lot. If my mother hadn't been working so hard in the factories... maybe she wouldn't have died to that disease, or cancer, or whatever it was. No one was happy in that city," she looked away, back the way they'd come, "no one. I wouldn't wish that on this world. There's more freedom here than I've witnessed in my entire life."
Aurelia

Messages In This Thread
RE: See in the World what you Carry in your Heart - by Aurelia - 11-15-2020, 01:31 AM