and what came before won't count anymore
For Sam
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 35 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Samuel
Amun came to sit beside him and Sam glanced over and smiled warmly, hardly able to believe he'd found such a wonderfully comfortable and soft moment in the midst of this period of his life. He began to read a moment after, doing his best to keep his voice steady and clear, thinking back to lessons he'd had once upon a time with Cornelius, attempts to cure his stutter.

The story began with a knight, tired and defeated after a tough battle, reminiscing at the palace over the deeds he had accomplished. There was a lot of wordplay and poetry that threatened to twist his tongue, but Sam made a true effort to speak slowly enough that he didn't ruin the rhythm of the words. The only pause he made was when Amun's fingers reached his knee; he looked, then smiled and leaned a little closer to Amun, the back of his shoulder just touching the other man's chest.

Then Sam continued to read, reaching the second chapter swiftly and pausing to point at the illustration bearing the title, vines and flowers winding about a grand tower. "Cornelius drew this. I remember watching him do it...it seems like so long ago, now."

I drink too much coffee and I think of you often
In a city where reality has long been forgotten

Messages In This Thread
RE: and what came before won't count anymore - by Samuel - 11-03-2020, 10:42 PM