and what came before won't count anymore
For Sam
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 35 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Samuel
Sam watched Amun's motions carefully, hoping that over time he'd be getting better at interpreting them. "You draw...and paint." He spoke over the charades, raising an eyebrow to see if he got it right. "The two are closely related?" Less sure about this last bit, he frowned, hoping he wasn't frustrating Amun with his incorrect guesses. While it was definitely making the date harder, Sam had actually been surprised by how easy it had been so far, how comfortable, even with Amun unable to speak.

Going back to the book, he continued to read the tale of love, deception and hardship, finding that the longer he went, the more confident he was in adding inflections like more emotionally toned narrative, or putting on a slight voice for certain characters. More than anything else, Sam was having fun.

There was one thing he was a little embarrassed about, know what was to come in the story soon. Turning the page slowly Sam tried to continue to read flatly and solidly, but it was likely obvious in the slight pauses and quiet laughs that he was struggling to keep his composure while reading such steamy words as:

Now the knight possesses all he wants, when the Queen voluntarily seeks his company and love, and when he holds her in his arms, and she holds him in hers. Their sport is so agreeable and sweet, as they kiss and fondle each other, that in truth such a marvellous joy comes over them as was never heard or known. But their joy will not be revealed by me, for in a story, it has no place. Yet, the most choice and delightful satisfaction was precisely that of which our story must not speak. That night his joy and pleasure were very great. *

---

* This is an edited paragraph from Lancelot, or Knight of the Cart by Chretien De Troyes

I drink too much coffee and I think of you often
In a city where reality has long been forgotten

Messages In This Thread
RE: and what came before won't count anymore - by Samuel - 11-04-2020, 06:25 PM