Key Quest my duty, my curse
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 6 - Strg: 23 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 14 - Int:
EUNIKE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
MORGAN
Some nights, I wish that my lips could build a castle
Some nights, I wish they'd just fall off
For a solid 30 seconds, everything seemed to go wrong, though luckily for the leviathan as well; they all missed or failed, plans needing to be remade. Morgan was familiar with this point in a battle and did not let it phase her, simply nodded as she understood that her water magic would not work in this situation. The Climb was not Halo, and the sweltering heat around them was not what she was used to; she would need to adjust.

Seeing that Deimos was building up his dirt trap, she worked on the (possibly foolish) assumption that he might be successful and instead focused on an attack. While Wessex went behind the creature and Amalia aimed to keep it distracted, Morgan took a step back to prepare herself then threw her warhammer forwards, arching the shot with her telekinesis to aim to have it strike the leviathan in the side of the head, then return to her hands.

Knowing the beast would likely retaliate, she jumped to the side before attempting to catch the hammer, hoping she could avoid it's attacks.

--
Morgan uses her telekinesis magic to shoot her warhammer out and slam it into the side of the leviathans head, while she ducks off to the side!

Base Telekinesis: Can move large objects.
Type: Grey | Rank: Mastered
But I still wake up, I still see your ghost
Oh Lord, I'm still not sure, what I stand for

Age: 6 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
And we gear up for another go.

The beast is successfully distracted by Amalia, trying to take a neat chunk out of her everywhere, but missing by a fraction. In reposte, the Shield will find herself more lucky, and Nova slices cleanly between the serpents scales, sending a wash of crimson spraying out. It colours the water below, muddying it with scarlet.

The leviathan jerks in its pain, letting out a screech of agony, and its movements regrettably cause the hammer thrown by Morgan to go wide of its head. A shame, truly. A similar story can be given with Deimos - the beast is simply writhing too much for the earth to get a clean hold.

Then there's Wessex - she moves quickly and dynamically, getting into position right behind the leviathan to unleash a biopulse that hits with devastating effect - and unfortunately captures Amalia in its radius as well. And unless the Ascended has found somewhere very clever to be, she'll also land with a plop in the bloody water.

The leviathan attacks Amalia and MISSES
Amalia retaliates and HITS
Morgan attacks the leviathan and MISSES
Deimos tries to cage the leviathan using earth and MISSES
Wessex uses her biopulse and the radius HITS the leviathan and Amalia.

Both Amalia and the leviathan will suffer disadvantage on their next turn due to the disorientation.

Leviathan: 256/350

Your randomly determined post order is:

Deimos 342/350
Wessex 287/287
Amalia 184/260
Morgan 110/110

So that nothing is missed, please include a quick summary at the bottom of your post, including any items/abilities used.

REMEMBER: KQs are rewarding, but dangerous. They may cause death and/or permanent changes to your characters - join at your own risk!
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
death, you bring death and destruction to all that you touch
Well, that was enough.

The frustration pulsed wildly through his mind as very few things went well – Amalia struck, and the monster was no longer an immortal figment – and then the rest configured to blistering misfortunes. His trapping technique was unsuccessful, the range of Morgan’s hammer didn’t deal any blows, and Wessex’s abilities apparently cast a far wider range; and his heart went immediately into his throat as the Shield fell.

Old habits died hard, and all that.

Movements and motions were steadfast rituals, not even bothering to glance the Ascended’s way, presuming she’d be able to get herself out – pulsing and pouring a platitude of water incantations towards the creature (and Amalia’s shield; so that it might catch in its figments), intending for a distraction, a deterrent, in icy daggers meant to pierce.

Then, perhaps to gain speed, or better contortions, he truly became a beast – shifting into his hellhound compositions, teeth snagging and snarling at Amalia’s clothes, striving to drag her away from the seething, contorting titan. Just taking you out of range, a promise, not to hold her back, but to give her time to recover. There is water magic in the shield. To make do as she wished, while the rest of the conflagration drew around them.

--

Deimos tries to send Mastered water magic to Amalia’s shield and to the leviathan as an attack (rendered like ice daggers).

Deimos shifts into his Hellhound form to try and drag Amalia out of the monster’s range.

Water manipulation: Can create and control water. Must be within a 30ft radius.
Type: Light | Rank: Mastered
DEIMOS
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
I've embraced the torch passed to me
owned what I've been called to be
Welllll it’s probably a good thing Wessex is behind the leviathan and can’t see anything other than the creature and the now bloody water. She doesn’t see Amalia fall, just hears a plop and assumes everything is more or less okay, especially when no one seems… vocally alarmed.

She starts to move again, sloshing through the water - ah, the vision. Pausing just for a moment, the Wraith shakes her head as she sees the red-tinged water, while Nate’s warning rings in her ears. Now they know the visions come true. Eventually.

The Wraith is pulled back into the present by the feeling of water magic nearby, and hoping that it’s within her radius, she tries to latch on to it and thrust up, seizing the water beneath the leviathan and trying to force it into several sharp, frozen tines. She then tries to thrust them upwards, into the leviathan, skewering it from the underside.

----------------

Wessex tries to use Deimos’s water magic to also make several ice tines from the water beneath the leviathan and skewer it from the underside.

Magic: Magic Re-Resonance | When abandoned magic is cast within 10ft of Wessex, she can duplicate the ability at its upgraded level once.
Type: Grey | Rank: Upgraded

The world is new to you, and you to it. During PQ/PQ+/KQs/Drops, you roll with advantage on luck-based rolls and receive an extra name during drops. (In order to use this, make sure to note the ability at the bottom of each post)
full tilt,
hello destiny
WESSEX
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Amalia
the shield of safrin
The creature snaps at Amalia. Nova slashes forward, cutting into scaled flesh. A surge of satisfaction courses through the Shield, followed swiftly by a surge of something else. Something sickening, something unnatural, something that sets her nerves on fire and leaves spots in her vision. A scream leaves her lips, echoing through the cavern, and it's only through sheer force of will that she manages to cling to Nova as her wings shudder and the world goes dark.

She wakes up only a second later, crashed upon the ground.

Nausea courses through her in a wave. Wessex's biopulse is a terrible thing, but Amalia is strong, blinking against the disorientation and pain with a shuddering groan. Gentle teeth on her shoulder and a familiar voice in her mind only help to steady her; I'll cover us, she says back to Deimos automatically, willing the barrier of starlight to project as they scramble back to safety, the girl half-dragged by the Sword, half draped upon him, Nova clutched against her chest in hopes of healing.

--------

Amalia lets Deimos help her get away from the leviathan, projecting a barrier to protect them as they retreat. She uses Nova to heal herself.

Type: Light
Star Charm | A silver charm in the shape of a star. When activated, it projects a 1ft barrier of starlight all the way across the user. (Made by Deimos)

Type: Light
Nova (upgraded) | A beautifully slender sword perfectly crafted for Amalia. The cross-guard is carved from luxere antlers (These antlers glow a soft red despite being detached from the luxere. They provide constant light and protect anyone who holds them during LongNight), imbued with minor healing abilities (upgraded level). The sword will never deal a killing blow, leaving an enemy on 1HP.
we drink the poison our mind pours for us
and wonder why we feel so sick
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
MORGAN
Was it the heat in the air or something else that was causing them to fail so frequently here? Morgan sighed bitterly as she caught her hammer and took some jumping steps back, watching what Amalia, Deimos and Wessex did. With both Deimos and Wessex forming ice daggers (she was not sure quite how the Ascended woman did it: had she drunk from Deimos earlier? That was not something Morgan could imagine), she decided to work with them as a team; maybe they'd have better luck if they all worked together on one thing.

Holding out her hands, she sent a flurry of sharp ice shards out towards the leviathan, aiming especially for it's face and eyes; hopefully this time they had a chance to actually hit.

--
Morgan uses her water magic to also aim ice daggers at the leviathan! Ice dagger party!

Age: 6 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
The leviathan, either in its panic or in a calculated move (equal are possible in this moment), decides again to unleash a barrage of razor sharp scales at the group. From all directions, slivers of blade-like glints shower upon them. But, given how disorientated it is from Wessex and her biopulse, all efforts miss - all but Deimos.

His hellhound form is less adept at keeping itself protected using a barrier like the one Amalia has conjured, and the beast is caught on the flank by a vicious scattering of scales. Luckily for them all, the retaliation is swift.

Ice erupts up and into the leviathan, causing it to shriek and keen in agony, trying to writhe against the tines but unable to free itself. It seems the biopulse has worked its magic in earning the party enough time to get coordinated, and only a few icicles miss their mark. But it's not over yet.

The leviathan tries to hit the whole party, but only succeeds in hitting Deimos!
Amalia heals herself.
Deimos attacks the leviathan and HITS
Wessex attacks the leviathan and HITS
Morgan attacks the leviathan and MISSES

Leviathan: 159/350

Deimos 292/350
Wessex 287/287
Amalia 204/260
Morgan 110/110

So that nothing is missed, please include a quick summary at the bottom of your post, including any items/abilities used.

REMEMBER: KQs are rewarding, but dangerous. They may cause death and/or permanent changes to your characters - join at your own risk!
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Pain, sharp, familiar, slanted into his hide in anguishing granules; a burst, a figment, of torment that couldn’t have been warred away or hidden by barriers of stars. He couldn’t hold back the keening, inward howl, and it ricocheted, resounded in his head, forged along connections – a blinding, searing, blunt edge to newfound scars. The beast twisted and turned, snatching at the shards from his flank, catching them in his teeth and ripping them out of his skin once more, the blood sliding down upon the ground. Nothing foreign then; used to the casualties of battle. Used to the lacerations. Used to being drowned out in aches and anguish. What had he ever been, but a living, breathing weapon?

Presuming the Shield had enough time to recover, he backed away, shifting, returning to his normal form, soldiering on.

Zuriel stepped forward from her position near the walls, and he sighed, permitting wounds to be re-stitched and healed, calculated efforts poised once more in his mind. The ice daggers had been efficient as a team effort, and he summoned them again. Vicious and vile, savage and seditious, water contortions blending and contorting until they were shaped like serrated knives and edges, gathering together in a cluster, then flailing outwards, intending to crash into the leviathan from all angles.

--

Zuriel attempts to heal Deimos.

Deimos shifts back, and uses his Mastered Water to cast more ice daggers towards the leviathan.

DEIMOS
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
As some ice shards go awry, Wessex comes to realize that she might be in the line of fire if everyone else is on the opposite side. But first - backing up as far as she can, trying to judge the distance well enough to keep the leviathan within the range of her biopulse and the others out of it. Aiming to keep the monster disoriented, she tries to hit it with another biopulse and then teleports to rejoin the others.

As Deimos once again reaches for his Water Magic, she follows his line of thought and nods, muttering “Again,” aloud. The Wraith reaches for the tines of ice she’d used to skewer it the first time and with a very dramatic gesture, tries to raise them even higher and further into the serpentine beast, seaking vital organs and other bits.

---------------

Wessex backs up to hit the leviathan with another biopulse, trying to keep it within her range but her allies out of it. Then she teleports to rejoin the others and get out of the line of fire, using Deimos’ water magic to further push the ice tines into monster and try to hit some vital parts.

Magic: Teleportation | Can teleport to any board that Wessex has already visited, OR can teleport to an adjacent board that she's visited with someone else. If used within the same board, requires a 1-post cool down period between uses.
Type: Grey | Rank: Mastered

Magic: Magic Re-Resonance | When abandoned magic is cast within 10ft of Wessex, she can duplicate the ability at its upgraded level once.

The world is new to you, and you to it. During PQ/PQ+/KQs/Drops, you roll with advantage on luck-based rolls and receive an extra name during drops. (In order to use this, make sure to note the ability at the bottom of each post)
full tilt,
hello destiny
WESSEX
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Amalia
the shield of safrin
The warmth of Nova's hilt washes over her, easing the dizziness and nausea that ripples through her body. So when Deimos releases her she is able to stand, sending a silent pulse of appreciation and affection his way before surveying the group.

Something is missing.

Someone.

"Where's Tanau?" Amalia calls, looking through the group before her attention returns to the waterfall, still thundering down. "Vi's beard- help me get him out! He can help!" This is said to whoever cares to listen before the Shield sets off towards the water, calling aloud and mentally for the god. "Tanau!"

Stepping into the torrent, Amalia offers to shield the deity with her wings again, adding the water magic from her shield to keep the flow diverted enough that the god might pass through without getting wet.

-----------

Amalia goes back for Tanau and asks her allies for help. She uses Deimos' mastered water magic from her shield to try and divert an area under the waterfall, and he wings as further shielding, so Tanau can pass without getting wet.

we drink the poison our mind pours for us
and wonder why we feel so sick
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Change author:
MORGAN
Once again, she missed; Morgan let out a growl of frustration, clasping her hands together into fists. Was it the temperature she wasn't used to? The stress of the moment? She certainly wasn't being the Warden and protector she wanted to be right now. Thankfully, others were picking up the slack where she was failing and the beast was beginning to falter.

Until Amalia asked, she had not considered the whereabouts of Tanau; while Morgan would not have worked with Amalia if her other strategies had been working...they weren't, so she nodded and ran with her around to the waterfall, watching what Amalia did to see what it was they were meant to be doing.

"What makes you sure he's back here?!" She tried to yell over the noise of the water as it was lifted and pushed to the skies over her head, Morgan gritting her teeth at the pressure involved.
--
Morgan helps Amalia move the waterfall with her Water Magic.

Change author:
Perhaps it's the distraction, or maybe it's the fact that everyone did so well in the last round, but things fizzle out a bit this time. Ice spears go wide, as does a biopulse, and the leviathan takes advantage of it all. As Amalia goes swooping past on wings, its serpentine head turns and it takes a snap at her, catching one of her legs with a rake of its razor-like teeth. More blood hits the water, and the beast shrieks with the taste of it.

But then two of the group approach the waterfall. And indeed, behind it stands the Longheat god, a mix of puzzled and frustrated at his inability to get past the torrent of raging water. In the archway around him the lilies have withered to nothing, their worth spent, an indication that the cure has worked.

"Thank you," Tanau says brightly to both Amalia and Morgan. "If you would kindly tell your friends to take cover, let's see if we can get this creature to listen to some sense, shall we?"

With a roar of opalescent flame, Tanau takes a deep breath and streaks across the water with a burst of heat and power that will leave his feet blackened and smoking (evidence as to why he didn't do as much when entering the waterfall). He finishes his journey on the shore among the rest of the party, and already the water is beginning to steam and boil.

The leviathan turns and takes a snap at Amalia and HITS!
Zuriel heals Deimos.
Deimos attacks the leviathan and MISSES
Wessex attacks the leviathan and MISSES
Amalia and Morgan free Tanau from the waterfall! He instructs everyone to take cover!

Leviathan: 159/350

Deimos 312/350
Wessex 287/287
Amalia 164/260
Morgan 110/110

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Too occupied with his own assaults and with the monster before them, Deimos hadn’t thought about the god, still tucked behind the waterfall. But Amalia, forever holding faith in deities, must’ve remembered – and then a series of other contemplations had to occur.

Tanau’s appearance came along roars of flames, streaking along the pool, and the Sword contemplated the next set of efforts. The temptation to reach in and assist with the water’s machinations were there, but he wasn’t arrogant enough to presume his incantations could match the level of power of a god’s. There could be other measures, to ensure safety, security, and defenses.

“I can try to instill a shelter,” an announcement, a proclamation, a warning that they’d have time to flicker and hide within it. Drawing into the earth before him, the beast sought to amplify the ground, attempting to add, restructure rock and soil, so they’d have a barrier overhead and between, intending for it to be large enough for all of them to crouch or sit down within. He strived to tuck himself and Zuriel along, pouring enchantments and magic to refine it all the while.

--

Deimos attempts to create a shelter using his Mastered Earth (a barrier in between and overhead of anyone trying to sit or crouch/large enough to hold four people and a unicorn). And then crouch in it with Zuri. XD

Zuriel is available for healing if anyone needs her.
DEIMOS
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
There’s a bit of a smile on her face as Tanau appears again, despite the fact that all their attacks seem to have missed yet again. While the heat in the Climb can’t hurt her (again, thanks to Tanau), his fire certainly can. What’s safer, she wonders - a shelter of earth or retreating to the tunnel? Both might equally do, while only one feels like partial abandonment/a sign of distrust, so Wessex heads quickly to the shelter that Deimos begins to construct, ducking behind the barrier before lending his magic again to their safety. He is more than capable to constructing, so she focuses on maintaining: ff there should be a strike, or flames, or anything coming their way, the Wraith will try and hold it steady and firm.

---------------

Wessex gets the behind Deimos’ barrier and concentrates on keeping what he's build it solid and steady against any sort of attack.

full tilt,
hello destiny
WESSEX