[Open] Another mouth breather, another tale to hear
Neos Rivetter
Explorer/Storyteller

Age: 33 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 2 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Tesability Offline
Change author:
MP: 360
The worst thing about always being on the move...
Neos shivered at the mention of this 'Halo' being supposedly cold, something he didn't look forward to deal with if he did find where this place was. "...brr, sounds like a wonderland for Ice-types," Neos muttered mostly to himself.

Tenor Wrote:"You had festivals where you come from?"

A small smirk began to emerge at the question. "It's been a couple of decades since I got to participate in some of the ones from my own home, but I've been in quite a large number various festivals in all my travels." He then looked up for a moment before beginning to swim back over towards the dock to pull himself up onto it. "Though, it did always amaze me how, in many realities, a large number of human cultures have certain holidays around the same times for roughly the same purposes. Not all of them, but a large number of them mirror one another in some way." After pulling himself up onto the dock, he sat upon the edge of it, his feet kicking the waters slightly. "For example, based off what I just mentioned about this current festival, it reminds me of one known as 'Halloween', which was originally created as a day to remember the day, leaving out various candies and sweets as tributes for those who were no longer walking..." Neos then looked down upon remember who he was talking to, pulling off his yellow dress shoes and black socks to let them dry on the dock planks next to him before adding, "...or swimming among us."

He pulled off his turtleneck shirt, the now-blowing wind causing him to suddenly feel chilled, up over his head before beginning to wring it out to pull out as much water as he could. With the shirt off, it looked like he had quite a few gnarly scars, including one that looked like something literally sliced him in two at some point at the waist. "I'm just trying to think of where to start with any of such tales..."

Tenor Wrote:"Will you be making a lantern for someone?"

He was admittedly also thinking about Tenor's other question, regarding making a lantern for those no longer with him, a frown emerging on his face. "...I...don't know, honestly. I could probably make a half-decent few, I've dabbled in various forms of crafting, but..." He moved his sweater over the dock, stretching it out before laying it flat against the wood to begin wringing out his socks...which needed a wash, because he was now starting to smell something not too pleasant. Wasn't strong enough yet for a normal person to catch, but as someone who knew what to notice, he was starting to catch it. "...I have no idea if a great number of beings I've crossed paths with are even alive or not. If I had to make only one, however..." He then looked up in thought towards the sky. "...I've probably make one featuring Mistress Mew and what the humans of that area knew as the 'Tree of Beginning', where I was born."

He then looked back down towards the sock in his hands, putting it to the side by the sweater to grab the other one and starting wringing it out. "Depicting a giant living tree made of crystal's gonna be interesting...not that such was impossible," he muttered to himself, glancing down at the glowing crystal he wore as a pendant around his neck. It was the one thing from his home he still had left, even his own personal Pokeball was lost to the eons in travel by now.
...is that no one believes the tales that emerge later on.
NEOS

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Open] Another mouth breather, another tale to hear - by Neos - 11-06-2020, 07:17 AM