{Seasonal Event} I Move the Stars for No One
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5720
He had asked his questions and now he listened, intently absorbing Remi's explanation, even when it didn't make much sense. A beam of light? But the way two minds connected sent a reflexive shiver through the lorekeeper as they crunched over the snow beside each other. He was neither so innocent nor so trusting as Remi, and not all the secrets he kept were his own. To give anyone else access to them... was terrifying. Practice might be the answer, but with whom could he do so? Who did he trust so deeply? He knew so few other Attuned... Remi, really, was the only one he knew of for certain. And the boy's habit of shoving his thoughts around did not inspire trust of the level Jigano needed.

He glanced over when the flow of words paused, wondering what would come next, but it was Remi who looked uncertain, and when he continued Jigano understood why. It was a strange thought, the idea of someone trying to govern sexuality. Forced procreation was something downright dystopian, and given what he had seen and experienced that was not a word he used lightly.

"I am sorry to hear that your world was so cruel," he said, uncertain how to handle such an unexpected revelation. "I had never considered before... There were no such laws in my land, certainly not among commoners. I suppose some nobility generally had arranged marriages and so didn't have much choice but..." he shrugged. "My land did not have, ah, an overabundance of such." His land had been cold, and harsh, and fierce in many ways, but his town had been spared much of the League's influence thanks to the revenue the Torch brought in. "We had a Sovereign who lived far away from where I grew up, and so long as we paid our taxes we were left... alone." He trailed off, jaw tightening at memories of fire and blood and death raining down from the sky. But he shook off the moment, offering Remi a wan smile. "At least, when I was growing up. But Sam... yes? I won't know if I mind or not until I hear what you're asking," he pointed out, a little of his dry humor returning.

Messages In This Thread
RE: {Seasonal Event} I Move the Stars for No One - by Jigano - 01-23-2019, 09:43 PM