[SE] Light Can be Heavy Too
Dani Regan

Age: 26 | Height: 5'1 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 0 - Strg: 5 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Kuhlu Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Dani
Who have you chose
to stand as your martyr?
Dani smiled warmly at her friend, touched by the care he took with her. Not a day went by where she wasn't reminded of how lucky she'd been to be picked up by Anden when she'd first arrived in Caido. After their evening in the glade, she had a new appreciation for how seamlessly she'd been able to transition into her new life.

"Is there any reason in particular you've stayed so close to home?" Dani fumbled with the materials in front of her, struggling to make it match Henry's project. "Personally, I've always had a hard time staying put, though maybe I just haven't found the right place with the right people." She wasn't sure if she believed it possible for herself to live an idle life, but as the saying goes, never say never.

"That isn't to say I haven't enjoyed being here. I haven't talked with anyone who's been anything less than welcoming since I arrived at the Hallowed Grounds." Though she had found many residents to be a bit bit gloomy and reserved, she hadn't really talked with those people, so her statement had cleverly avoided any potentially offensive opinions. After all, this was the first true conversation she'd had with a native to Caido, and as such, she was taking special care in ensuring it went well.

"As for being an Outlander in Caido, I'm actually quite grateful. How many people, do you think, spend their nights praying for a clean slate? I've been given a new life in nearly every sense of the word, so there's no need to afford me any pity. As far as I'm concerned, I've been given an impossible gift." Dani sat back and looked at the odd shape her "lantern" had begun to take. She looked between her and Henry's lanterns, comparing their progress. No passerby would think they were attempting to create the same item. "Are the dolls any easier to make?" she asked hopefully.

Dani listened sympathetically as Henry shared the sentiment behind the lanterns. "Even if it was a long time ago, I'm sorry for your loss. Losing kind people is a tragedy for everyone, but especially for the ones who loved them." She smiled in a way she hoped felt reassuring. "I think it's safe to say we could all use the catharsis of the festival. I'd be delighted to go!"
To prove purposeful
in courses uncharted

Messages In This Thread
[SE] Light Can be Heavy Too - by Henry - 11-06-2020, 12:51 PM
RE: [SE] Light Can be Heavy Too - by Dani - 11-08-2020, 04:06 AM
RE: [SE] Light Can be Heavy Too - by Anden - 11-09-2020, 04:54 AM
RE: [SE] Light Can be Heavy Too - by Henry - 11-10-2020, 06:29 AM
RE: [SE] Light Can be Heavy Too - by Dani - 11-11-2020, 07:08 AM
RE: [SE] Light Can be Heavy Too - by Anden - 11-11-2020, 04:30 PM
RE: [SE] Light Can be Heavy Too - by Henry - 11-11-2020, 11:54 PM
RE: [SE] Light Can be Heavy Too - by Dani - 11-18-2020, 12:36 AM
RE: [SE] Light Can be Heavy Too - by Anden - 11-23-2020, 02:55 AM