[SE] Light Can be Heavy Too
Henry Walker
Advisor

Age: 32 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
sacrifice what you are for what you can become
Henry took in a deep breath at Dani's question, watching her awkward struggle with the materials he'd given her. He was grateful, however, that she moved on without quite waiting for him to answer. He took that opportunity to dodge the question. He nodded along with interest as she spoke, eyes darting between her and the paper beneath her careful hands.

"That's a really good way to look at it. Things might not be the same but, you can easily make a place for yourself here in Caido if you focus on that," he said, impressed by her resilience in spite of what had happened to her. He lifted his eyes across to Anden momentarily, noting that he was silent during much of the conversation. Henry would've asked if he felt the same sentiment but, it was a little too clear that maybe there something in his old life that he wasn't ready to give up yet.

"It depends on what kind of materials you want to use for the dolls. I usually make mine out of straw," he grinned, "though that's mostly because I love how silly-looking it turns out," he eyed Dani's work and pointed out to the both of them, "Feel free to grab the wires and start making them into the shape you want your lantern to be in. Once you settle on something, I can help you get the paper on - if you need. It doesn't have to be perfect, as long as its unique to you. And we can light them to see how they look without losing them, too.. just need to use the wires. Here, watch,"

Henry lowered his gaze and began to work on his lantern, though slow enough that the two of them could see how he did his. He folded his wires into the rough shape of the upper body of an eagle. So, perhaps it looked like two rounded sides with a large triangle between them for the head. He then guided the paper around them, using the glue to secure it. He ended up having to grab a few more pieces of paper since it was a bit big, but he left a wire ring around the bottom opening (where a wax-soaked rag would go to light it). There, at the base, he added some wires to come down and meet, where he tied a string to keep hold of the lantern (without risk of it burning off).

He heard Anden speak up suddenly and he smiled at his reassuring words, to both him and to Dani. He raised his eyebrows and set down the finished lantern to meet Anden's hazel eyes as he invited him along. "Of course, I'll come," but if Anden thought Henry missed his look out of the window, he was wrong, "you know, there are lots of places that you can explore that are nothing like the Grounds. I know how it is to live here, trust me, it's not exactly.. the brightest place. To answer Dani's question earlier," he glanced back at her, "there's really no reason for me to stay anymore. My brother's old enough to take my place while I'm gone... I just haven't had the courage to take that leap and go."
HENRY

Messages In This Thread
[SE] Light Can be Heavy Too - by Henry - 11-06-2020, 12:51 PM
RE: [SE] Light Can be Heavy Too - by Dani - 11-08-2020, 04:06 AM
RE: [SE] Light Can be Heavy Too - by Anden - 11-09-2020, 04:54 AM
RE: [SE] Light Can be Heavy Too - by Henry - 11-10-2020, 06:29 AM
RE: [SE] Light Can be Heavy Too - by Dani - 11-11-2020, 07:08 AM
RE: [SE] Light Can be Heavy Too - by Anden - 11-11-2020, 04:30 PM
RE: [SE] Light Can be Heavy Too - by Henry - 11-11-2020, 11:54 PM
RE: [SE] Light Can be Heavy Too - by Dani - 11-18-2020, 12:36 AM
RE: [SE] Light Can be Heavy Too - by Anden - 11-23-2020, 02:55 AM
RE: [SE] Light Can be Heavy Too - by Henry - 11-24-2020, 01:28 AM