[se] and it hurts me when I move my jaw
Zephyr Kawaianu
Smuggler / Guildmaster

Age: 42 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 10 - Int:
KI - Regular - Panther Chamelon
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
zephyr

He's not wrong - nobody did want it, including you. Or, more accurately, nobody wanted to publicly have the job. You're more than happy to assist in keeping Torchline running smoothly while avoiding the spotlight; the Governor has been a bloated, corrupt, lazy figurehead for as long as you can remember, anyway. Not really something to aspire to.

But Jata? He wanted it. Even if you doubt his reasons, you gotta give him that.

You're not paying much attention to your work now, just smoothing off rough edges as you chew on his words. "So ya took teenage rebellion t'new levels." You know a little about rebelling as a teen, though you certainly never led a whole goddamn country into revolution over it. Or whatever. "Still doesn't explain why y'wanna be in charge here, 'cept t'prove y'ain't weak. Which you've made pretty clear, with th'whole almost gettin' yer ass killed time an' time again."

Leaning back onto your palms, you squint up (and up and up) at the kid. "Look, Sparky- I ain't sayin' there's somethin' wrong with wantin' t'stick it to th'old man. He sounds like a proper git. But at some point ya gotta start livin' fer the people who're still here t'give a shit, 'stead'a ghosts." Almond eyes look back over the horizon, your face darkening like a storm. "Might as well be one'uv 'em, otherwise."
give your heart to a wanderer
who found your soul and called it home

Messages In This Thread
RE: [se] and it hurts me when I move my jaw - by Zephyr - 12-01-2020, 08:31 PM