Take a Break With Me
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
phoebe
Sleep and I shall soothe you, calm you, and annoint you
Well at least the wine was okay she supposed. It was doing its job anyways. Remi's approval meant a lot to her; more than the fact that she still wasn't sure she liked it.

Phoebe looked at her hand as he squeezed it, feeling tired suddenly. Was it the wine? Was it from her heightened emotion? Maybe both. "Thanks." she said quietly. Her brow furrowed as she considered his arguments. There was a bit of a defense in there for Bastien she supposed...but just barely. "I helped Ronin once after he got attacked by whatever is at the Spire." she said, getting a little sidetracked again.

Did he ask a question? Oh. Yes. He did. She should answer it. "Yes, I would be surprised. Not that they are taken with her I mean...a goddess? She has to be striking and powerful. Plus men can be pig sometimes and that's all they care about." she mumbled, once again memories of women with such husbands coming to mind. Or those who had been 'loved' and left when faced with the consequences of their actions. She shook her head as if to literally remove the thoughts from her mind.

"I haven't met any other gods or goddesses besides Frey but...they are so extreme that I can't believe that the rest are all the same or want the same." Phoebe paused then to take another drink. Thinking so hard was quite the buzzkill. "And if Bastien just wants to have sex with people fine! I really don't care. But pretending it is for Safrin is just a way to manipulate people into doing so with him. It's got nothing to do with her. He even said if she doesn't like it, he would find some other diety to worship." she said and looked up at Remi. Anger flared again and it showed in her eyes. "He is just a needy scumbag, like any other man who makes an excuse for lack of loyalty to a mortal woman. I've heard it all. She got fat. She is always tired because of the children. She doesn't like this, that or the other thing. It's insulting to Safrin and anyone who follows him. He isn't worthy of a following. He's just a...a..." her brow furrowed, nose wrinkled, and her voice dropped to but a whisper, "He is just an ass."

Even drunk, swearing was not her favorite thing to do.

"My words meant nothing to him. He just thinks I am a stupid little girl. He didn't even think I was old enough to drink alcohol!" she said, riling up again, though tears were in her eyes now. "That's what everyone thinks because of my stupid baby face. I'm going to end up old and alone with a billion cats and an uncompleted sex quest from Frey because everyone thinks I am a child!" Phoebe sniffled and wiped at her eyes roughly as she went down the rabbit hole of insecurity, aided by its good friend alcohol.

"Maybe." she said, when Remi asked his final question. "Frey represents what is intended to be a good and healthy part of a person's life. And even as a diety who can do whatever they want, they don't take the unwilling and they don't make a pretense about it. Bastien is doing just that. Not only is he manipulating people for sex, which has its own host of problems, he could lead all of these people to being hurt by a goddess if she is offended. And Frey could even be offended if people get hurt by Bastien using people for something they support! It's just...argh!!" Phoebe was overwhelmed and frustrated by her own inability to accurately express herself.

Remi

Messages In This Thread
Take a Break With Me - by Phoebe - 01-18-2019, 10:38 PM
RE: Take a Break With Me - by Remi - 01-19-2019, 12:15 AM
RE: Take a Break With Me - by Phoebe - 01-19-2019, 12:29 AM
RE: Take a Break With Me - by Remi - 01-19-2019, 12:36 AM
RE: Take a Break With Me - by Phoebe - 01-19-2019, 12:51 AM
RE: Take a Break With Me - by Remi - 01-19-2019, 01:06 AM
RE: Take a Break With Me - by Phoebe - 01-19-2019, 02:11 AM
RE: Take a Break With Me - by Remi - 01-19-2019, 03:00 AM
RE: Take a Break With Me - by Phoebe - 01-19-2019, 03:22 PM
RE: Take a Break With Me - by Remi - 01-20-2019, 07:47 PM