[seasonal event] my ghost
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
phoebe
Sleep and I shall soothe you, calm you, and annoint you
Phoebe listened quietly as Rexanna spoke. She may have felt like a chastised child were it not for the sultry tone of her voice. Regardless, she could tell that what she was saying was intended to be serious and she treated it as such. "I just worry it isn't safe because he doesn't know what this goddess wants, and that in acting without knowing he is putting everyone he follows at risk. And...he speaks with such conviction...I also worry that perhaps some will be convinced to follow his lead only because they think he knows what he is doing, not because they actually want to. And that just seems...manipulative to me." she said and frowned. "I tried to explain that but he just yelled at me in a language I don't understand." she said with a sigh.

"But if you like him...well I am glad someone can find redeeming qualities in him I suppose. I wouldn't ever tell you to not like him just because I don't." she said with a light shrug. "But as you said, I don't have to like him. And I don't. So...I hope you can be okay with that because I do like you." she said with a smile up at Rexanna. She was bold and strong and smart and pretty, what was there to not like? Many of her traits Phoebe actually wished she had. She hoped that her dislike of Bastien wouldn't come between them...though it would give her one more reason to dislike him.

Then Rexanna began to speak about her past and Phoebe looked at her sympathetically. But she didn't reply right away. She caught sight of a plant she knew had edible roots and kneeled down and carefully began to dig it out. Her expression was contemplative. Finally, once she had the roots she stood and gave half to Rexanna. "Part of why I do not like Bastien is that something in his attitude towards me reminds me of the men who treated their wives like that." she said quietly, brows furrowed. "Women who worried if they would deliver healthy babies because of mistreatment. Women who worried they would wander because they needed time to heal. I've hear enough stories to be wary of certain personality traits. You might disagree that Bastien has them, but I saw them. Take that as you will." she said with a little sigh, looking in her basket at all of the food they had managed to forage. Despite the hard conversation they had found a lot.

"I hope we can agree to disagree on the matter of Bastien?" she asked hopefully.

Messages In This Thread
[seasonal event] my ghost - by Rexanna - 01-19-2019, 03:14 AM
RE: [seasonal event] my ghost - by Phoebe - 01-19-2019, 10:51 PM
RE: [seasonal event] my ghost - by Rexanna - 01-22-2019, 08:42 PM
RE: [seasonal event] my ghost - by Phoebe - 01-22-2019, 10:04 PM
RE: [seasonal event] my ghost - by Rexanna - 01-24-2019, 08:23 AM
RE: [seasonal event] my ghost - by Phoebe - 01-24-2019, 01:38 PM
RE: [seasonal event] my ghost - by Rexanna - 01-25-2019, 02:55 AM
RE: [seasonal event] my ghost - by Phoebe - 01-25-2019, 02:09 PM
RE: [seasonal event] my ghost - by Rexanna - 01-28-2019, 04:55 AM
RE: [seasonal event] my ghost - by Phoebe - 01-28-2019, 10:54 PM
RE: [seasonal event] my ghost - by Rexanna - 01-29-2019, 08:10 PM